“Not to be missed” 4 of 5 bubbles

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Not to be missed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Took opp to visit when we stayed in Cario. Saved us coming up from sham and waste a day experience of a life time

Visited November 2012

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“wow!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

aawwww....what do i say?/!its 10 months since our trip there and all i can say is WOW!! it eas just too awe inspiring that i had tears running down my face...a childhood dream had come true....and i had my wife and son with me...gosh the hair on the back of my neck stood on ebd...it was just unbelievable...how did the guys EVER make something SO huge??? the area around the Pyramid was spotless...we did go there very early in the morning anyway...being December ..itb was quite chilly up there....the ONLY downside as othere travellers found as well...was the persistence of the vendors!!!yes its def best to avoid eye contact!! we didnt and the next thing we knew this young egyptian boy had his arm around my sons shoulder tied a scarf around his head - egyptian style and was posing for photos!! in no time at all a camel was there and my son who is 25!1 was literall lifted up on to the camel just to pose for pics....well they expected money in return for using their props to take the said pictures!!! it was very scary but later u realise how cash strapped these poor people are...and u cant really blame them ...they appear as aggressive ..but are not!!! haveing said that ...all the same ...its very annoying!! but the tour there was excellent!! the tour on to the plateau behind the pyramids was fantastic the views were well marvellous ....u could see stretches of desert sand as far as the eye could see...the occasional palm tree and camels waliking around.... yeah the dream had become realitya t last!! we enjoyed that day thoroughly...it was our first day ib Cairo and one that will stay in my memory forever! well done to our tour guide ..and lucky tours!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank EODURBS
Perth, Australia
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Can't believe you are there.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed a visit to this awe inspiring place. We felt lucky to have a guide as yes there are vendors here who were desperate to sell what they could for any price they could, lots of younger Egyptians and the tourist police who have a presence but seem slow to act when any issues arise.

Visited March 2013
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beware of egyptians lurking in the pyramid plateau...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went to the pyramids last September 2013. Even though it's the second time for the both of us to go there, we were still excited amd amazed of how the pyramids were made. However, our pyramid experience together and our excitement was overcomed by the annoyance brought about by the egyptians who are offering a horse or a camel back ride around the plateau. From going there.. until getting out-such a very annoying experience. It started from the taxi that we rode on from our house in Maadi. The taxi driver brought as to a souvenir gallery shop in a slum area at the back of the pyramids even if we said a milliom times that we didn't want to stop by. Next, he dropped us somewhere at the middle of the slum area at the back entrance of the pyramids..where the horsemen came rushing offering and INSISTING to bring us to the entrance. We didn't mind all of them and instead found the way by ourselves. Again, we were offered camel and horse carriage rides for a surprising 100 pounds tour.. I immediately turned then down but one of them agreed to give us a ride for 20 LE. I agreed to ride that one carriage. The driver brought us somewhere at the foot of the largest pyramid and a guy,who claimed to be a "from the egyptian government" wearing a garabea started giving historical background story about the pyramids and voluntarily got our camera to take wonderful pictures of us with tricks that really made us say "wow". I was so elated thinking that he's really just being kind. Next, he introduced us to a guy with 2 camels saying that since we are his friends, he will let us ride a camel together. My instinct told me not to ride since I know that he will just ask money after it. But I agreed to ride the camel since I want to have a picture of my bf and I on it...and then the camel started walking and they started saying that its for 300LE each. And that's, according to them, with a discount since we are not Americans. We told them that we didn't bring money and I will not pay them. We went to a higher place on the plateau, took pictures, and went back to the guy. Then they started shouting at us saying that we owe then 100 dollars. I was so furious and just wanted to go out of the place but my bf was so scared they might do somethbf so we rnded up paying then 120LE in total eveb if I didnt want to. We rushed to the sphynx since we still did not see it. A policeman said that the sphynx was closed. It was just 4 pm..I was so disappointed I almost cried while walking out. We promised ourselves not to return again to the pyramids again if we don't have someone with us who is a national.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jesselle A
Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
“Let's bring life back to Cairo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I spent an anazing week with my family in Cairo and can say certainly that you should not worry about so said danger, travelled by bus, visited piramids, cairo tovel and just come places like City Star Mall and some cafes. Pyramids nice, go now, there are no many tourists, so you would feel yourself unique along with mysterious remnants of pharaonc life. There is little bit of hasseling, but as ususally you just don't pay attention. It was very sad to see that such great place of historical and cultural property of Egypt was almost empty and abandoned, I remember great glorious times when crowds of excited tourists with cameras sneeking all around made the tombs of kinds look like huge massive active city. I think we need brign it back to life. Wonderign who needs this propaganda, there is no even slight danger now, yes there are a lot of people with guns and weapon around the city, but with their presence you feel youself juts safetiers, that's it. Also only from cairo tover you manage to see all the vide beauty of all cairo, and mention that on the top you still cant's see borders of the city. On the second flor from the top you can sit in the restaurant and enjoy the food, which is ok, nothing extraordinary, but the view in the tover, mind that all the floor is rolling , so you can admire the scenery of the landscapes of all the city. Also be aware that prices will be there little bit higher then in regular restaurant in Cairo. For all who have never seen this fantastic place, I would say that here you manager to observe unique mix of poor and rich cultures, right near each other, different religions and confessions, various life styles which are complete opisite to each other. Don't be afraid to come, be afraid to miss it!!!

Visited October 2013