“Great Rameses”

$24.29*
Half-Day Tour from Cairo: Dahshur Pyramids Sakkara and Memphis City
$48.00*
and up
Discover Cairo: Old Capital of Memphis and Step Pyramid of Sakkara Private...
Ranked #12 of 321 things to do in Cairo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed August 30, 2013

It's kind of off the beaten path but it's said that noone really knows where Memphis truly existed. This museum is an open air type. There are a couple of interesting exhibits but the real gem is the massive statue of Ramses and the 2nd largest sphinx!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I love the history of ancient civilisations and travelling through Memphis and Sakkara made me really thing about human life and afterlife. Visiting these places which are ancient ruins of the Egyptian Civilisation made me see how grand their temples and funerary places are. Today we have simple graveyards in cemeteries all lined up in a row and compared to seeing these huge monuments in the middle of the desert is just mind boggling overall for me to understanding the human belief in afterlife and the power of being a Pharaoh in those ancient times.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I visited Cairo and the Egyptian Pyramids 2/3 years back and it was the beginning to my quest of seeing different places, people and their culture. Sakkara pyramid is known to be the oldest pyramid very older than the great pyramid of Giza. It was not well maintained like the great pyramid but there were maintenance work on going to preserve it from getting destroyed. I was very eager to visit the Memphis, the capital of old Egypt that I have studied when I was a primary student. But I was disappointed as nothing is preserved there other than a museum in front of which there are local street vendors selling souvenirs.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We had a tour company take us through the city and sites of Memphis and Sakkara. It is essential to have an experienced guide.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This tour was arranged by Go Travel Egypt and as per the previous day, our guide was again Shaimaa and our driver was Mahmood.
Thanks to Shaimaa's expertise and professionalism we happily placed ourselves entirely in her hands and we were not disappointed. The visits were most enjoyable and she made sure that we saw everything we possibly could and that it was all done at our pace which being in our seventies was not always rapid.
I can thoroughly recommend Go Travel Egypt as an extremely experienced and competent travel company.