“Poor service, terrible location, old rooms and decoration”

Novotel Cairo 6th Of October
Ranked #36 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Poor service, terrible location, old rooms and decoration”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed for 2 weeks in this hotel, travelling for business. I found this hotel to offer a very poor quality of service.
The staff is lacking professionalism and is sometimes unfriendly, The breakfast buffet is offering a very poor selection of dishes. There is hardly more than the Lipton Yellow variety of tea, for example. There are no fresh fruits and the juices are industrial ones.
The room service for dinner is offering the most basic selection of dishes, and I was disappointed by it. I ended up by only finding shrimps as decent, and by having fresh plain fruits as desert. One day, I found that the mini bar bottle of water had been replenished with tab water ! I reported this fraud to the reception.
The gym is not clean, and the equipments are very old.
Finally, regarding the room itself, the carpet in my room was dirty, and the furniture was obviously overused for many many years.
There is an urgent need for this hotel to refresh the rooms!
The only positive aspects that I have perceived: it is quiet, and good for a sleep. There is nothing to see around, but at least there is a beautiful garden part of the hotel, it is extremely well maintained with flowers and trees surrounding the swimming pool.
Personnally even for business and despite the affordable price, I wouldnt advise this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
KARIM H, Manager at Novotel Cairo 6th Of October, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Mr. Florian

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Cairo 6Th October. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Karim El Herazy
Executive Assistant Manger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Arabic first
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Novotel 6 October is a very good hotel, nothing much to say about it. But if you are planning to visit Cairo for tourism, of course do not stay there. It is very far from city center and the traffic jam kills, this way you will waste your vacation.
If you are coming for business in 6 October or for any reason where you do not need to go to the city center frequently, then I recommend Novotel

Room Tip: Make sure your room is a Pool view
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

After staying in the middle of town and commuting out to Smart Village every day on my two previous visits I thought I would try the better-located Novotel. It did indeed take a minimum of an hour off the return journey every evening, so 5 stars for that, but I wouldn't stay here if I was a tourist and visiting Cairo as the distance will be an issue.

On a further positive note, the food was good (good steak and pasta) with breakfast being a normal Novotel experience/menu, while the Mall of Arabia is within a 5 minute walk. However, there are still some rough edges that they could smooth off. For example, (in my room at least) there was no toilet roll holder or towel rails, while they never topped up the shower gel during my 5 nights there. Small things admittedly, but pretty easy to fix if they cared enough. The bed is also pretty uncomfortable, while the running machines in the gym are the worst I have ever been on in my life.

One piece of extra advice: if you want a taxi in the morning give them at least 15-30 minutes notice as I got caught out on my first day and had to wait around.

Room Tip: I was in room 1102 and could access the lobby Wifi without leaving the room - handy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Omegna
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Quality Novotel very next to big industrial area in Cairo neighbour; good services, swimming pool and spa area; very good price for the quality; parking and restaurant included, as well as any business rooms;

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I've been to this hotel 5 times in 2 years. I had my wedding party there and it was great.
I always enjoy spending time at this hotel. It is very cozy, fun and it's location makes the weather there very nice even in the hot summer.
The stuff are helpful and the rooms are nice.
Almost every time we go, we find a wedding party there, so it makes it a cheerful day with lovely decorations.
I will continue to go to this hotel whenever i get the chance.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
KARIM E, Manager at Novotel Cairo 6th Of October, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to add areview about us.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Cairo 6Th October.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel

Novara, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very clean and roomy rooms, nice swimming pool and bar with a lot of choice with a menu available 24h. Restaurant in the average, food most of the time cold, staff very cordial but very slow to serve. Perfect position for the industrial area of Sixth October and 20 minutes away from Giza; far from the downtown of Cairo, with the traffic of this city the 1,5 hour trip is very stressing

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
KARIM H, Manager at Novotel Cairo 6th Of October, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments .

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.
Amman, Jordan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

There is only one resturant and the food isnt great. The training room was frezing cold, sound system wasnt working but people were very helpful trying to help in every way they could

Room Tip: Dont choose the rooms over looking the pool. If there is a wedding outside, you cant sleep
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Novotel Cairo 6th Of October, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Dear ,

Travelers are raving about these Cairo hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cairo
Spectra Inn Hotel
Conrad Cairo
Conrad Cairo
#11 of 137 in Cairo
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,485 reviews

Been to Novotel Cairo 6th Of October? Share your experiences!