“Only for Business”

Novotel Cairo 6th Of October
Ranked #35 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Novotel 6 October is a very good hotel, nothing much to say about it. But if you are planning to visit Cairo for tourism, of course do not stay there. It is very far from city center and the traffic jam kills, this way you will waste your vacation.
If you are coming for business in 6 October or for any reason where you do not need to go to the city center frequently, then I recommend Novotel

Room Tip: Make sure your room is a Pool view
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Novotel Cairo 6th Of October

Reviewed September 19, 2012

After staying in the middle of town and commuting out to Smart Village every day on my two previous visits I thought I would try the better-located Novotel. It did indeed take a minimum of an hour off the return journey every evening, so 5 stars for that, but I wouldn't stay here if I was a tourist and visiting Cairo as the distance will be an issue.

On a further positive note, the food was good (good steak and pasta) with breakfast being a normal Novotel experience/menu, while the Mall of Arabia is within a 5 minute walk. However, there are still some rough edges that they could smooth off. For example, (in my room at least) there was no toilet roll holder or towel rails, while they never topped up the shower gel during my 5 nights there. Small things admittedly, but pretty easy to fix if they cared enough. The bed is also pretty uncomfortable, while the running machines in the gym are the worst I have ever been on in my life.

One piece of extra advice: if you want a taxi in the morning give them at least 15-30 minutes notice as I got caught out on my first day and had to wait around.

Room Tip: I was in room 1102 and could access the lobby Wifi without leaving the room - handy.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Quality Novotel very next to big industrial area in Cairo neighbour; good services, swimming pool and spa area; very good price for the quality; parking and restaurant included, as well as any business rooms;

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I've been to this hotel 5 times in 2 years. I had my wedding party there and it was great.
I always enjoy spending time at this hotel. It is very cozy, fun and it's location makes the weather there very nice even in the hot summer.
The stuff are helpful and the rooms are nice.
Almost every time we go, we find a wedding party there, so it makes it a cheerful day with lovely decorations.
I will continue to go to this hotel whenever i get the chance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
KARIM E, Manager at Novotel Cairo 6th Of October, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to add areview about us.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Cairo 6Th October.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Very clean and roomy rooms, nice swimming pool and bar with a lot of choice with a menu available 24h. Restaurant in the average, food most of the time cold, staff very cordial but very slow to serve. Perfect position for the industrial area of Sixth October and 20 minutes away from Giza; far from the downtown of Cairo, with the traffic of this city the 1,5 hour trip is very stressing

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
KARIM H, Manager at Novotel Cairo 6th Of October, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments .

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Novotel.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

There is only one resturant and the food isnt great. The training room was frezing cold, sound system wasnt working but people were very helpful trying to help in every way they could

Room Tip: Dont choose the rooms over looking the pool. If there is a wedding outside, you cant sleep
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear ,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Cairo 6Th October. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This week was my 5th stay at Novotel 6th October. The location is good if you have business in the neighborhood but poor for tourist. Its 45min to Cairo downtown. The hotel is clean and pool-side rooms are fairly spacious and with a nice terrace. The location is not to close to traffic roads hence quite calm and quiet. The fitness room is free and fairly ok. Wireless network in the reception, bar and terrace is free – but not always working due to high demands. The kitchen is poor – it has been better for 1-2 years back. Today you want to avoid it after 2 days eating in the restaurant. Service is very friendly – but really not good for the demanding business or tourist traveler. You have to be on your toes to get what you want. Staff is not well trained and there is a lack of management attention to detail in the hotel.
There is absolutely no security in and out – although 1 or 2 guards and a metal detector is present.
The Pool is for 4 stars but the hotel is for 2-3 stars.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Dear ,Mr. JOHN

Hotel General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cairo
Novotel Cairo El Borg
Novotel Cairo El Borg
#25 of 139 in Cairo
Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences
Movenpick Hotel Cairo-Media City
Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip
Radisson Blu Hotel, Cairo Heliopolis
Hilton Cairo World Trade Center Residences

Been to Novotel Cairo 6th Of October? Share your experiences!