“Good Value and a good overall economical choice”

Hilton Cairo World Trade Center Residences
Ranked #30 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Brisbane
“Good Value and a good overall economical choice”
Reviewed January 24, 2010

We stayed at the Hilton world trade centre in late December 2009. This was part of our honeymoon – and in general we were very happy with the hotel. The other comments are generally correct. The location is very good but not “excellent”. It is a 15-20 minute walk to get to the centre of town and to most restaurants (except for a place called Sangria which is super cool, over looks the Nile and is right across the road). However, although it is a 15-20 minute walk - this isn’t much for most people and to me was well worth it given the price difference between this place and the Hilton Ramses. It is also easy and relatively cheap to get Taxis anywhere in Cairo so you can get a taxi each morning to your destination – or organise a personal driver for the day.

The rooms are big, spacious and clean. The beds are really nice, the place has air conditioning and we had a big balcony over looking the city – which most rooms seemed to have. The breakfast is OK (not excellent) and the restaurant in general could probably use some improvement. There is a pool – not sure about a fitness centre. Overall, the hotel is very nice and given the price – is definitely a great hotel for families or those looking to have a nice quality stay and not pay a fortune.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Arabic first
Woodinville, Washington
Reviewed January 17, 2010

We stayed at this hotel twice in December, 09.

First time, we found that in this big apartment like hotel, there were a couple of forks and knives, but nothing to cook with. The kitchen is pretty much useless. They don't even have a coffee maker, which is a basic in smaller cheaper hotels. We found that they did have a washer dryer.

Before leaving Egypt, we came back and stayed at the hotel for a day. This was booked way back, so we decided to stick with it. We had saved all our dirty laundry to wash in the washer dryer as we were leaving for Turkey, We found that this room, which was larger than the last one and also cost a lot more, did not have a washer dryer. Hotel said that they would arrange for one. The person finally came in with the washer-dryer at 11:30 at night and it did not work. I was stuck with so many wet clothes. At 1:30 am, the hotel staff said that they would do laundry service in the morning. In the morning, reception said that we would have to pay for the laundry service. We said forget it. At 9:30 the manager came in, said that they would launder our clothes and gave us a clean set as we were leaving for the airport at 11:45 pm.

We wasted an entire day waiting for these guys to get their act together. They should have just told us that the washer dryer is not part of the package and we would have washed our clothes and gone sight-seeing. Instead, we sat there waiting for the service man to show up.

We asked for a pin plug converter 4-5 times and were told that it is on its way. Only got it when we complained to the manager.

The breakfast was ok. The omlettte man used to be missing on some days, forgot about our toast and burnt it, and so on. They had very little vegetarian food on their menu.

For a hotel that charged us $250-$300, we expect better service and amenities. Never going back there. They do owe us for wasting our day in Cairo.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2010

It was super! You have to see Kairo Museum, Khan Kalilli, teh Pyramdis, The Nile, The Horius-Temple, The Khan Isle, I'll never forgot this journey! And you have to take shipping on The Nile!

Stayed August 2007
Suisse
Reviewed December 10, 2009

Went to this Hilton for a business trip, thinking that a Hilton is always good in this case but...
This hotel is really old, smelly, noisy (you can hear the neighbors) really old-fashion and food isn't brilliant.
When i was there, internet wasn't working... actually you can see a big sign saying "High speed internet", but when you search the wi-fi, you have to call the reception and they bring you a modem connected to the phone, with 1 meter of wire and you can't move from it ... and you have to pay your connexions!
I have big doubt about the cleanness of this hotel.
Also they are cheeky because they tell you : "You're a special guest you've been up-grated to the royal suite..." so you think "great i will have a huge room". And of course you have a little apartment with kitchen and 2 bedrooms...but all of the building is with these apartments! So it was a lie.
The price for room is really expensive for what you have.
If you want to spend good time in Cairo, just go to the Four Seasons or the Grand Hyatt.
The only + I see is the service who was excellent.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank evrard23
California
Reviewed November 23, 2009

The bottom line for this place is that it's highly functional, and has all the quicks and hassles of a hotel in a big city of a developing nation. The building is clearly a former residence of more permanent occupants - perhaps at one time a condominium. The suite had some telltale designs that it could hold large families for a sustained amount of time. For example, there were western style washer and dryer hookups in a small service porch that led to the kitchen, with ample empty cabinetry. The formal dining room could accomodate 8. There were three bedrooms - all with functionality in mind. The service entrance was a dead giveaway that this place was for a family that travelled with "help". But just across the street was the Nile, and its main drag, or corniche. Access to any other hotel in the area was via this route, so flagging a taxi was never any problem from the hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 17, 2009

I loved this hotel. It was like my own apartment in the middle of Cairo. Upon check in I was given a 2 bedroom, 1 den, 2.5 bathroom flat with a spectacular view of the Nile River!!! The place was clean and well kept. I felt safe being a solo traveler- definitely a lot of security. The conceirge was very helpful with setting up my tours while I was in Cairo and giving me tips on where to go. Room service was wonderful and the food was good- which was a blessing because there were not too many places I wanted to venture out to that were near the hotel- even though I did on 2 occassions. The only reason why I gave the location a 4 is because the hotel was not located near the metro to make it easier to get around, but you could take a taxi to the Opera Metro stop for 5 pounds (that is the Egyptian price), BEWARE you will get defnitely get charged more if you look and act like a tourist. I would definitely go back if I am in Cairo again.

*Oh yea, this hotel would also benefit from getting wi-fi or a business center!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
London, UK
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Hotel and The Regent Suite:
Hotel Entrance is through some back alley way streets, which are so filthy & dirty and looks scary at night. When our Taxi pulled up, it was searched by Security and a Guard Dog, whom are there 24/7 (making you feel safe). Lobby doesn't look the greatest, especially for a 4 star Hilton Hotel , you'd expect more really! So, was disappointed; however what the Lobby lacks, the Suite makes up for. When we arrived in our Suite, everything was very clean and smelt fresh. They had:
* Balcony
* 2 Bathrooms
* 2 Toilets (1 of them hidden in some sort of boiler like room which we never used)
* Kitchen
* Living/Dining Area
* 2 Bedrooms
* Study, which had a sofa bed and they provided us with an extra bed (since they messed up or booking so we had enough beds, which was great).

I noticed that some people said that the room was out dated, but hello what do you expect, it's Cairo!! You're not going to get the latest stuff but regardless of that (which I didn't really notice other than the Kitchen but you're not going to be cooking on holiday, are you now?), the room was fantastic, very spacious and it was clean too! I absoulutly loved the Room. After coming back to the hotel, from a busy day site seeing, it was nice and relaxing to come to a room so nice! Take my word for it - The Suite is great! You won't be disappointed!

Location:
Not so good really! To get to the front entrance of the hotel is hard and through back streets, which is odd and scary too, especially at night! To get to Central Cairo from the Hotel is easy - just one LONG walk along the Nile, which is beautiful and takes about 15 mins (20mins if your slow like my mum and sis), so the Central Area isn't at your doorstep really!

Staff:
Very friendly and helpful! Main Reception Staff always went out of their way to help us with everything, from directions to a friendly smile! Even when me and my brother wanted a drink at one of their bars, which we didn't know was Business Class and for Private Members only, the Staff really went out of their way and still let us in for a drink and the Bar was AMAZING!!! Very Luxurious!

Service:
Pretty Bad! I was most disappointed in the Hotels Service, which was terrible. When we called Room Service for Cuttlery for the Kitchen, it took forever to get this to us and when they did, they only got 1 or 2 for us when we asked for 6, When we called again, they'd say they have none left or they either don't come up or end up bringing the wrong Cuttlery. You will probably be better off taking your own cups and plates! This was annoying, however when I was sent a questionnaire recently, regarding my stay, I did mention this on my Survey and today, I actually received an email from the Hotel Manager apologising for my disappointment and the Service regarding the Cuttlery. That was very nice of the Hotel, the Manager was very apologetic in his email, I was not expecting a response back but it was nice that the Hotel cared.

Other:
One thing which I didn't like about the Hotel, was that it felt deserted! It was so QUIET and we felt like the only ones here! During our week stay, we only ever saw one person at the Poolside, Restaurant was always empty, as was the Lobby; however the Hotel next door, The Conrad was jammed packed and very lively.
The Pool area was nice, Restaurant was okay but would not recommend as it is too expensive and you can get much cheaper food elsewhere,however locally there aren't any. Near the Hotel, there are just Corner Shops, no places to eat really unless you walk about 15 mins!
What else....? They came a cleaned our Suite everyday very well!

Overall, I was happy with this hotel and what we paid for it!

If Location is important to you (and if it is Cairo you are coming too then I would say it should be important) then maybe this Hotel won't be ideal - Try Ramses Hilton, perfect Location however Pretty Pricey!
But if your Room is important to you as well as good value for money then this is your hotel; you won't be disappointed with your Suite!

Well, enjoy whatever you decide! :-)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family