1,565 results
All reviewscity stars mallshopping mallhuge mallclose to the airportbusiness tripdirect accessclub roomhealth clubpool sideroom keylebanese restaurantbreakfast buffetamazing hotelstandard roomguest relationsfront officefive star hotel
Reviewed February 18, 2011

Booked the hotel after a lot of research on tripadvisor and never regretted my choice.
The hotel is clean, very service oriented staff from the housekeeping to reception, pool boys etc. Upon my booking and due to some unclarified issues when I made the booking, I was promply called back from Ghada Ali at the hotel to clarify my reservation. I had few mail correspondance with the hotel which was replied within a couple of hours and all positive replies. The service provided during the reservation proces indicated the high level of service by the hotel. Before arriving in Cairo, I further booked their welcome service including the transfer from airport to hotel. The service was ok, but not perfect. We were welcomed by the a gentleman, who provided the best service possible at the time. We were picked up by a clean Mercedes Benz and driven to the hotel. The trip from the airport to the hotel was dissapointning as the driver kept pushing us to buy ½ or full day trips with him as it would be cheaper for us compared to the hotels price. I would assume that type of behaviour as been illoyal to the company he work for. Durring our way to the hotel we signed the hotel check-in papers and was handed over the key to our room. Upon our arrival to the hotel we were provided a room without poolview. I had an e-mail confirmation that we would be provided a room with pool-view. As we arrived late evening we spoke to the reception about breakfast options as it was not included in the package. We were told me a nice gentleman, Tamar, the options that we had. He further suggested us to upgrade to a Club Room with the benefits it included, brakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks etc. wich we did and which later showed to be the best thing we ever did. The upgrade was excellent and the service in the Club restaurant, the staff was 100% satisfactory. We were futhermore moved to another room with pool-view. See pics.
The hotel is huge and attached to a big mall. The food options in the mall is not worth the price compared to what the club-lounge provided. Other services from the Club Lounge was fantastic as well. Nadine & Mariam was helpfull in all regards. The food in club-lounge was much much better than the food courts. Eventhough we stayed at the hotel for 11 nights the chef's we able to change the dinner menu every single day. The breakfast and lunch however was the same very day, which is quite normal. The fresh drinks provided during the day was excellent. All in all we had a wonderfull stay at Intercontinental Citystars. And don't be affraid of the distance to city centre. We paid around 30 Pounds for a taxi trip to downtown which basically is'nt that much worth a visit. The historical places are much more better and worth visiting. I/We would definately return to this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DK-Desi
Reviewed February 11, 2011

during the recent cairo egypt revolution we were in the middle of it all..we had just completed our 9 day tour with Viking river cruises.Viking transferred us to this Intercontinental hotel..10 miles from Cairo Tehrir square..and somewhat out of harms way.we could not venture outside for 3 days..curfews ,tanks,armed police,and rioters.
The hotel is beautiful..immaculate and professionally managed..all personnel top to bottom..were gracious and helpful..the personnel slept in the hotel to see to our needs..yet remained freindly and gracious..The food was excellent...We were eventually rescued by Viking providing us and 90 others a free chartered plane,to take us safely to Germany..Viking also voluntarily paid our hotel and food bills..

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed February 9, 2011

To begin it is going to be difficult to provide a full review of this hotel as while I was staying there the unrest began in Egypt and so many of the services were unavailable due to the curfew.

Staff: every single member of staff was pleasant, helpful and welcoming. There was nothing that was too small for them to do to help from the concierge, the porter, the pool attendants, restaurant staff and front of house. At the end of my trip I was struggling to get to the airport and would never have made my flight if it wasn't for the great team of people working at this hotel.

Room: At check-in I was informed that my room (king room) wasn't big and given sincere apologies. The room was a normal size so I was happy! It was not small and had plenty of room for two people. The bathroom was also a generous size with a full size bath and power shower. TV with a selection of English channels (Fox Movies, Star Movies and the news stations BBC, CNN, Fox...). There was also internet access via the TV and throughout the hotel via wi-fi.

Food: The breakfast buffet is around €20 and if you're hungry and enjoy a good breakfast is worth it. Choice of pastries, cheeses, breads, fruit, yogurt, cereals and hot food (pancakes, omlettes etc.). Room service menu had a variety of options and the food was reasonably priced and tasty! Unfortunately the rest of the restaurants will have to wait until my next visit!

Pool: Spent two days sitting by the pool as there was nothing else open! The pool is heated and is long enough/deep enough to do a fairly decent swim. There is also a jacuzzi and you can visit the bar from the pool! The bar staff and pool attendants could not have been any more helpful and welcoming and are happy to move the sun lounger so that you can face the sun :)

Other: The hotel is located right next door to CityStars - the biggest shopping centre in Egypt (and I think the region?). You could easily spend days walking around the shops here there is so much to choose from... both International and national brands. And lots of food courts, cafés and also the cinema (they show movies in English).

Many thanks to the hotel management for getting me to my flight and to all the staff for their reassurance and assistance during my stay. I look forward to coming back to Cairo and staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank MissSpelt
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Stayed here whilst attending a conference within the hotel. The welcome and service throughout our stay was excellent. Facilities are excellent, especially the food on offer in the Japanese Restaurant and the breakfast and lunch buffets in the main resataurant were superb.
Dont forget the Club Lounge - available to Club Room guests only, this is a complimentary bar with great food and privacy, and worth every penny of the aditional room price.
Swim up bar at the pool was also great.
The hotel is attached to a magnificent shopping centre - state of the art - all you could ever need.
Taxi ride to the museum and main markets is less the £5.00
A great stay and a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank BBurnett
Reviewed January 28, 2011

I travel extensively around the world and have just come back from a 10 day trip to Cairo where I stayed at the InterContinental Citystars.

From the 'meet and greet' and visa service at the airport (where you are checked in at the same time - so you receive your room key there) to the outstanding politeness of the hotel, the service is excellent. Nothing is too much trouble. My laptop broke down during my stay and the concierge spent hours trying to fix it and download user guides for me.

I needed to play back some DVD's and asked if the hotel had a player I could borrow. 15 minutes later, the player is installed in my room and was at my disposal for the remaining stay.

The rooms are clean and spacious, room service and restaurant service is great and overall I think this hotel deserves the 5 stars that is given. Easy access to the mall and great health facilities as well

Highly recommended if you need somewhere in Cairo to restore normality to your life!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business