1,562 results
All reviewscity stars mallshopping mallhuge mallclose to the airportbusiness tripdirect accessclub roomhealth clubpool sideroom keylebanese restaurantbreakfast buffetamazing hotelstandard roomguest relationsfront officefive star hotel
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I spent one week for business there.
It is a typical luxurious Intercontinental hotel: grandiose lobby, comfortable rooms in traditional style (no "hip" design), and good attention to all details.
The Club Lounge does not have a spectacular location or settings (it is located next to the lobby), but offers a good breakfast, fresh juices and bread, and variety. Evening cocktails are pleasant, but I did not try the evening food. Service was personal and very friendly.
The swimming pool is large, sometimes crowded but pleasant.
It is located a bit far from the Nile, but there is a good highway access so you can reach the Nile within 30 minutes, and the pyramids within 45 minutes.
Cairo is very though (ugly, noisy, dirty, and touts everywhere, so it quickly becomes oppressive), therefore it is nice to be connected to a civilized shopping mall where there are good shops and restaurants.
Egypt hotels can be very variable in terms of services and rooms, but this Intercontinental offers an international luxury standard.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2010

It was a one night stay but was sure a memorable one,as soon as I arrived along with my wife & 2 kids we were welcomed by a smiley doorman who greeted us & pointed the way to the lobby where on our way to the reception we were continuously greeted by friendly Asian female greeters which were almost all over the place. We had a special check In area & we enjoyed a welcome drink while the registration process was being finalised.
The room was very comfortable with a variety of plush fluffy comfy pillows but the most appealing aspect in the room was the In room technology, free high speed internet & even better was the internet access through the TV using the in room keyboard/tv remote in the room(also for free) which could be very useful if you are traveling without a lap top.

The lobby is huge & busy but the most interesting thing in it was the Concierge lounge where you could sit back relax & enjoy an espresso while the Concierge agent took care of my request.
The kids had a blast at the pool while me & my wife relaxed& laid back on the chez lounges enjoying the sun,beverages & friendly service.
In the evening we went to the shopping mall which is conveniently located on the same premises, the mall has an amazing food court , game arcades & a variety of signature stores.
Breakfast at the club lounge was satisfactory & service was good.
Didn't have enough time to try the spa due to the short time frame but had a quick glimpse at it & at the fitness center & will definitely make time for it on my next stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The hotel lobby was great and check in was fine. Although we had booked for a king bed pool side room, they didn't have any and we had to have twin beds instead. The room itself was getting slightly dated, but overall it was fine. My husband thought the bed was too soft but I didn't have any problem with it. The free internet in the room was great. We didn't bring our laptop but they had a keyboard that linked with the TV which was useful. The pool was really nice and big with a lovely pool bar. As for the spa service, we weren't impressed by it. The ladies doing our treatment turned up 15 mins late! At least the price was reasonable but we didn't tip. The breakfast was fine, service was efficient. We ate in Shogan restaurant on the first night but the price was expensive as it is in most hotels. We decided to eat in the restaurants, cafes and food court in the mall after that. Prices were more reasonable. We were glad to have chosen this hotel because of its location near the airport (we didn't have to worry about being stuck in traffic to catch our flight) and link with the mall. Although some people would like to explore the city, we felt that there wasn't much for us to see around town. (and we wouldn't risk trying to cross the roads!) And although we didn't buy anything, walking around the mall was something for us to do when we weren't out by the pool. If we were to come back to Cairo, we wouldn't mind staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Recently I was in Cairo for work. It is my 4th trip this year. Usually, I stay at the Semiramis but this time stayed at City Stars.

The initial welcome to the lobby was good, but the gentlemen who checked my colleagues and I in seemed to be bothered by having to complete the check-in, at least in interrupted the conversation they were having between each other..

After checking in, I was escorted to my room, which has a great view of the pool and was close to the fitness center. Both are great facilities.

Had dinner at Maestro and Shogun. The food was good and the service too.

The checkout was much the same as the check-in.

On the whole a good place to stay; if you don't expect more than average service at best from the reception, you will have a nice stay.

SJ

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Wonderfull experience. Was made to feel welcome right from the moment I entered the premises. Reception staff, specially Remon Safwat was very efficient and welcoming. The whole experience had a great feel good factor.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
pcaubo, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2010

Dear Ranbir1957,

Aiming higher is what we are tying to do. Remon Safwat succeeded doing that for you. We appreciate mentioning his name in your positive experience and we are sharing this comment with the entire team to put Remon in the spot light for his exceptional service.

Best regards,