“Decent Hotel close to airport”

Ranked #5 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Basel, Switzerland
“Decent Hotel close to airport”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I spent 3 nights during my Business Trip to Cairo in this hotel. It is a decent hotel close to the airport, there is a well equipped gym which was better than many hotels I have been. There were a number of restaurants and outdoor seating close to the pool. The hotel staff was friendly and very attentive. Overall it was a comfortable stay, I can easily recommend it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Karakalem,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience on Tripadviosr, and for recommending our hotel. Your feedback is very supporting. I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed your time at our hotel’s Health Club.
Please note that I will share with the team your comments which are very motivating.

Khaled.Shafik@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I spent five days here for business. The hotel is close to the airport, which means you largely avoid the traffic chaos of central Cairo. The hotel is attached to a mall, with many restaurant options. My room was large, well maintained and comfortable. Everything was good quality, as you would expect from the Intercontinental chain. The hotel has good security, and internet access was free (not the case with some other large hotel chains in Cairo such as the Hilton.) Service was attentive and efficient, without being intrusive. If you have the option, it is better to take a package including breakfast, as to buy it separately is quite expensive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Khaled S, Director of Sales at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear RomeReviewer123,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience at InterContinental Cairo Citystars on Tripadviosr. Your feedback is very constructive and supporting. I’m delighted to know that you have enjoyed your time at our hotel.

Paris, France
Reviewed November 3, 2013

excellent stay in an excellent hotel with everything perfect !
restaurants are perfect, and the staff is amazing !!!
room is unique and very comfort ....
enjoyed my stay very much in the signature room !

Room Tip: signature room !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mahmoud M
Khaled S, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Mr. Magdi

I appreciate your comments about InterContinental Cairo Citystars and would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadviosr.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

In my personal opinion this is the best hotel in Nasr City.
Convenient location connected to one of the best city malls in new Cairo.
The restaurants in the hotel are of excellent quality.
The rooms are spacious and the service is excellent

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Mr. AIRewesh

I appreciate your comments & loyalty to InterContinental Cairo Citystars and would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadviosr.
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are looking forward welcoming you back very soon,

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed October 25, 2013

stayed there at to bedroom appartment in the club floor, the bedroom is pretty grand and the furniture is pretty new, the issue is that you can easily feel how disconected the service levels are from the property class, my experience was not relaxing from the time I checked in to the time I left, the staff are not keen to make your stay magical.

The highlight of my stay "dissatisfaction" when we woke up very early an headed for breakfast to the Lounge, and the Staff refused to let my 5 year old to enter the lounge, while there was no prior communication no any Sign that indicated that children are not allowed, I have highlighted to them that this should have been notified to me during check in, secondly there was no one in the lounge and seeing the kid how excited she wanted to have breakfast and the lounge was empty and their fault of not informing me or any one in this matter, they should have allowed an exception, but they didn't flinch and flat out refused.

I travel all over the world and such a rule is strange, and such behavior is not represent of any hospitality standard, I will never stay in this property again, I will never recommend this property to anyone I know.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ohashem1
Dear Mr. Ohashem

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for your staying with us. We are glad you liked our hotel location, room, we apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced during your breakfast at the lounge. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your feedback is very important to us. I have noted you valuable comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into and be forwarded to the departments involved.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me on the below mail

Alexandria
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

I feel happy each time I stay at this hotel. Nice rooms with very comfortable bed, clean rooms & welcoming friendly staff. A great location especially the presence of citystars mall. The hotel facilities mainly the pool are very enjoyable.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ahmed A, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear drhg2005,

I appreciate your loyalty to InterContinental Cairo Citystars and would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadviosr.

Looking forward welcoming you back very soon.

Ahmed Azmy
Executive Assistant Manger in charge of rooms
Ahmed.azmy@ihg.com
Sanaa, Yemen
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights here using my priority points for reward nights and it was an excellent stay.. I was upgraded to a club room on check in and the room was lovely. Breakfast was delicious with a wide range of choices.. Pool was very nice and my kids loved it... All in all it was a great stay and this hotel provides true luxury!!

Stayed October 2013
Ahmed A, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear c00kie76,

First of all I would like to thank you for your continued loyalty as an IHG Rewards Gold Member.
Please send me an email on my below listed contacts with your next visit so that I can take personal care of your booking.

Ahmed Azmy