We were invited to a wedding on 6/6/2013 at one of the hotel's ballrooms. Me and my wife decided to check-in for one night. Here are the pros and cons we found
Hotel is adjacent to one of the biggest shopping centers in Cairo. Its literally connected to the mall, so you can walk from inside the hotel into the mall.
A good food variety in the breakfast buffet.
As guests we were offered free parking for our car.
Free speedy wifi in the hotel room.
Room TV has a great variety of channels to watch.
Tea & coffee maker is available.
Not all hotel staff are well-informed and updated. Two incidents support this:
1 ) After the wedding was over, I called the operator at 3 am in the morning from our room to ask when does breakfast time end in the hotel restaurant. He clearly stated "Breakfast ends at 11:30am." I said are you sure? And he said yes @ 11:30am. we arrived at 11:00 am for breakfast. The staff on the entrance said they're sorry as breakfast ends at 11:00 am. I told them about the phone call, and they let us in after some debating.
2) Before check-in at the hotel, I called up and asked about parking fees, and the person answering me said he would ask, he put me on hold and got back to me and said "It would cost you 50 LE sir" But at check-in they said it was for free, so it was no big deal.
Finally I would like to mention that they are generally friendly and can be flexible which is a great plus. For instance, we were first admitted to room with a street view. We asked for a better view, so they gave us a slightly bigger room with a Mall view. Pool view would be the best of course, but that did suffice as an upgrade for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- InterContinental Cairo Citystars is part of the Middle East s largest retail and entertainment complex, giving you direct access to 550 stores and an indoor theme park. The hotel is ideally located seven minutes from Cairo International Airport, 10 minutes from Cairo International Conference Centre and 30 minutes from downtown Cairo.Named Cairo s best business hotel by Business Traveller Magazine, it is also close to free time destinations such as the Egyptian Museum, Sakkara and the Giza Pyramids and Sphinx. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Citystars Cairo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Citystars Cairo Hotel Cairo
- Intercontinental Cairo