“EXCELLENT customer service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

London, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT customer service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Hello--
I am staying at this hotel for a long term work situation, and I have to say this is one of the friendliest and customer service I have experienced. The concierge is amazing. I had to ask for a few things because of needing rides and they have been so accommodating. Every time I need anything they have been amazing. Seriously go! They are awesome

Room Tip: Great servie
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ahmed A, Manager at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Leigh E,

Greetings from InterContinental Cairo Citystars.
We are delighted to read your great review and we would like to thank you for the time to write it.
It gives us great pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us highlighting the services provided by our concierge team.
Your kind words will not only motivate our colleagues, but inspire the entire team to continue providing the best service experience.
Thank you once again for your time in posting in TripAdvisor. We look very forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Ahmed.azmy@ihg.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This could be an Intercontinental anywhere in the world. It is near the Cairo airport which probably accounts for it size. If you are coming to see Cairo, this is NOT the place to stay. While the Intercontinental downtown is closed due to the Tahrir Sq. demonstrations, I heartily recommend the Sofitel El Gezirah which is perfectly located and I never felt unsafe even walking in the neighborhood. There is a 640 store mall attached to the hotel which is interesting and very crowded. The street noise during my visit was extreme as there was some sort of promotional event going on which seemed to include motorcycles racing and looud music until quite late. Not appreciated if you have an early flight the next morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Ed T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.
Please accept our sincere apology for the caused noise. We have contacted the mall management to avoid reoccurrences in response to your comments.
Please note that it is as well safe to walk in the hotel neighborhood and more over our concierge team will be delighted to plan all your tours.
Looking forward welcoming you back.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I like this hotel. It is clean, quiet, and full of amenities. The fact of being attached to the city stars mall makes it a great destination for those who would like to have a quick trip to Cairo but avoid downtown traffic jam...I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ali_Abu_Kumail,

Thank you for recommending InterContinental Cairo Citystars in your review on Tripadvisor.
I would like to take this opportunity to extend my appreciation for sharing your stay.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back

Alexandria, Al Iskandariyah, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I had my wedding party in fairouz restaurant and the staff was very bad i'dv been asking for help to clean my table for 58 min and i asked 2 waiters and 3 mangers to clean and nothing happened , really disappointed plus someone of the housekeeping stole our money while we was at the wedding , and our room number was 937 it was by my wife's name And i hade another room by 916 , and i hate it .
And the night shift front office wasn't helpful and lazy to check about what i want . Maybe coz am Egyptian. ! But iam proud to be egyptian , and i think if i was using my american passport it could be more much better , its a bad hotel , and ihave to visit the best staff of the japanese restaurant and the managers of that place and the shisha man ibrahime is very nice and pro shisha guy and the pool bar restaurant is very good . I will visit soon for lunch but it still bad hotel , and thanks Mr moustafa hamdy for helping .
Very bad hotel i don't suggest to any one , bad service

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Adham K
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Citystars Cairo, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Adham K,

Thank you for the candid feedback. I am sorry that on this visit the staff's service was a disappointment for you. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

my room was 937 I stayed on the hotel from 28 till 31 march 2013 I have a big complain about this hotel, I already make my wedding there at fayroz Resturant on 28 march very bad service and one of the waiter not polite I already make complain there, and the most awful thing happen that someone of the stuff stole money from the room . and I will tell every one I know to do not go there , and we informed Mr, moustafa named. assistant manager . and he was very nice , but nothing happen and he was trying to say sorry about what happened but we will never forget what happened , and the point is what happened not the money , and el Fairouz restaurant staff is very bad we had our wedding party there and we was waiting 58 min for the housekeeping to clean under the table . and night shift front office are not helpful , and we had 2 rooms 916 it was for my husband Adham Khaled. and we had after the wedding party one room 937 Marwa Ali mohamed
and the best two places in the hotel , the Japanese Resturant and the pool bar staff they every good, pro, with a decent hospitality they make us happy on our only moon especially the manager of the Japanese shogun Resturant I hope all the hotel become like those two area. sorry but the name of the hotel not equal the service I pay for it

Room Tip: you need to choose high floor pool view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank marwa a
Dear Marwa A,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. It is with regret that you did not enjoy your most recent visit with us due to the shortcomings received in the service of the staff. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into and I appreciate you letting us know about these unsatisfactory circumstances as this enables us to further improve on our efforts.

Again, many thanks for the feedback and my apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Jackson, Wyoming
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

I'm currently in the middle of a weeklong stay in Cairo and an find this hotel perfectly fine. First, I have never experienced what other reviewers have experienced, i.e begging staff or invisible management. There reviews were some time ago, during the early days of the Revolution, but I can say that the staff went out of their way to be helpful. I've been enjoying the huge buffet selection each morning and the staff is eager to please. The room is large, with a desk, couch, and king bed. My room, on sixth floor, does get some traffic noise, but if that's a concern request a quiet room. Remember, this is Cairo, a large bustling city. Relax and enjoy it and don't expect that everything will operate as you're used to at home. From my experience at this hotel, everything is first class, the staff are polite and the room large and clean. By the way, if your departure flight from Cairo is very early in the morning, mine is 4am, this is a very close hotel to the airport, perhaps no more than 7 miles.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear jimfromjackson,

I am very pleased to read your positive comments about your stay at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.
I appreciate your time in sharing your experience and your constructive feedback to help us continually improve. I hope, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back once again in the near future.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Having spent 3 weeks in Egypt in Feb and Mar 2013 I must say I believe with a little commonsense it is both a safe and affordable holiday destination. Sure, the political situation is dire but the service ethic and welcoming nature of Egyptians towards tourists is outstandingly friendly. The Intercontinental hotel is a short taxi ride from the international airport and adjacent to a major shopping complex. The rooms are large and well appointed with luxury fittings and a good selection of high standard restaurants and service options. Many other dining options are available in the Citystars shopping complex. The foyer in particular is spectacular with several banking and ATM options.

Citystars is away from the chaos of the city centre and makes a great base for exploring tv he man city attractions. Taxi travel is very affordable although fares are usually negotiable. I would not recommend bus or train transport and self drive options are very risky if you are used to driving in highly regulated traffic conditions.

It is easy to avoid the few regular city trouble spots and an Egypt holiday is likely to never be so affordable again.

Room Tip: A pool view room is worth asking for
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Geoff W,

Greeting from Intercontinetal Cairo Citystars.
Thank you for taking time to post such a wonderful review about Egypt and your stay at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.
I am glad that you had a great time and I do hope that we will be able to welcome you once again.
I have shared your heartwarming comments with the team and they are very appreciative.
Looking forward to having you with us once again on your next visit.

InterContinental Cairo Citystars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cairo
Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza
Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah
Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino
InterContinental Cairo Semiramis
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo
Pyramids View Inn
Pyramids View Inn
#2 of 40 in Giza

Been to InterContinental Citystars Cairo? Share your experiences!