“Excellent Hotel with good location”

Ranked #5 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Al-Khobar
“Excellent Hotel with good location”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 8 days and very happy about it. The hotel is luxurious and really well decorated. The location is superb since it is connected to the Cairo CityStars which is the biggest shopping mall in Cairo, it is so big we got lost one day (and I never lost in a shopping mall before) and had to ask questions to return to the hotel's entrance. The staff is friendly and the check-in is a breeze. We got good price too since we are using corporate rate. The room is excellent, spacious and really nicely decorated. The bed is so comfy to the point where my son just want to stay in bed and dont want to go out. It is also very clean and the room service really did a good job cleaning the room. The breakfast is good with lots of varieties but they always ask us about our room number every single day, which is a bit odd. The best thing in my oppinion is the swimming pool, which is really nice and it has a miniature of the Pyramids (mini-Pyramid) next to it, which is amazing. All in all, this is an excellent hotel and really deserves 5 star and up to Intercontinental standards.

Room Tip: Ask a room that has the view to the swimming pool since there is a miniature of the Pyramids next to...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Grantham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We paid USD 50 for the welcome meeting and BMW car from the airport - well worth it. We stayed in a Club room which was very modern and excellent value . The staff were very friendly throughout. Food and drink were average.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Garry M
ICCitystars_Mkg, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Garry M,

On behalf of InterContinental team, thank for choosing InterContinental Cairo Citystars and for taking the time to share your comments.

The airport team was happy to know that you have enjoyed our airport services and they appreciated very much your comments.

We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back.

Wiltshire
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I availed myself of the hotel car from the airport in Cairo to the Hotel and I must say it is the most wonderful experience I have ever had at an Airport bar none!

I was met airside, shown how to get my visa, whisked through immigration and customs and checked in before I had time to blink. I was given my room key before I got into the car and did not need to check in at all. It may be because I am a Platinum Ambassador but I suspect that everyone that asks the hotel for a car gets the same experience.

Outstanding service from a hotel that gets max points for everything else as well. A great experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear stadders1,

We are so glad that we could have the chance to welcome you at the InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

I am so delighted to know that you experienced an outstanding service since you arrived to the Cairo international airport.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Airport Pick up and looking forward welcoming you back.

Uitgeest, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We decided to stay based on the companies website and references for this 5 star hotel.We ordered for a non smoking room and an extra kids bed. this was confirmed in writing at reservation.When we arrived in our room it did smell cigarettes every where.Also the kids bed was not there.It took nearly two hours for them to find another room !! That room had indeed nothing similar to the rooms on the hotels photographs.The room was maximum 3 stars .Breakfast was good but not included in standard booking.In basic was this a hotel stay we would like to forget soon.

Room Tip: if you ever book refuse a "one day stay room" but ask for a room in the main building as t...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank LPRUST
Dear LPRUST,

First of all, I would like to seize the opportunity to deeply apologize for the inconveniemnce caused during your last stay at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

From your comments I can see that we have failed to meet your expectations. This is as much disappointing for us as much it was for you.

Appreciate very much that you contact me personally on the below email to escalate it further and see how we can make it up for you.

Finally, I would like to thank you for your comments as we believe that we can only improve through our guests’ feedback.

Looking forward to receiving your email at your earliest convenience.

Edinburgh
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel while attending a conference. It met all the criteria for a good conference hotel including the advantage of being close to the airport. The hotel adjoins a shopping mall, with buildings all around. The security seemed to be very good and not over-intrusive. The rooms were well cared for and very comfortable. The public areas and facilities were good, with good restaurants, a fitness centre open 24 hours a day, a pleasant outdoor pool and a relaxing indoor hydro pool within the health spa. I particularly enjoyed the meal that I had at the Fayruz Lebanese Restaurant.

I did think that the area around the pool was a little awkward. It is constrained by its location, and can be a bit of a corridor, with people accessing rooms. This is less than ideal for the female leisure traveller or for those who prefer some privacy.

On this occasion I made use of the club floor, the club area was excellent with comfortable seating, attentive service and good food.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear edinburghtraveller7,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to post a review.

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay during the conference.

Thank you for acknowledging so many positive comments that you experienced during your stay and for sharing it.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

LILONGWE
Reviewed February 21, 2013

14th October to 19th October 2012 I was accommodated in this magnificent facility. Outstandingly old facility. Somewhere inside the room I saw a picture of the same hotel taken in the 1920s. Egyptian generousity, friendliness, then the marvel of the vicinity, oh no, this is heavenly. I was in room 1018 and from here I could view much of the city top from the window. A large restaurant , security check using scanners, then a chance to drive out to Giza where I rode a camel, a horse, and a donkey. I would love to be here again.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Immanuel Bofomo N,

Thank you for staying at InterContinental Cairo Citystars and thank you for your valuable feedback.

I really appreciated your positive feedback about the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back

Roskilde, Denmark
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for three days on the great Egyptian tour after the Nile and before sun and sea in Sharm. The service is kind and efficient and the resident doctor very good. However food and beveridges prices are way over the top.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear FlemmingH,

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed the service in the hotel and would like to thank you for complementing the hotel doctor.

Looking forward welcoming you back at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.