“Great Intercontinental”

InterContinental Cairo Citystars
Ranked #6 of 144 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed February 11, 2012

I've been to the Citystars IC two times now on my business trips. On both times I stayed for a week and I had a room on the apartments building. First the room was very nice and on the second stay they were trying to put me on a lower level room, which wasn't as nice, but a short discussion with the receptionist and I was given a room upstairs with Ambassador welcome kit. The hotel is extremely lush and well kept. Pool area in the evening is unbelievably nice and has a nice atmosphere, smell from the water pipes etc. The shopping mall is just next to the hotel, which is also useful for eating etc. Service was always spot on. I used the IC limo to and from the hotel and I could do my check in while in the car - very convenient. Breakfast was also plentiful and of good quality, and it was never crowded.

There's some security at the entrances, which is good considering the situation in the country. It surely is as safe as it can get around there.

I can highly recommend this hotel. I would definitely return. My trips were in 2010.

Room Tip: Apartments side is something to consider, for a longer stay anyway.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
ahmed_azmy, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Dear MikkoFinland,

Thank you for your great comments. We are delighted that you had a memorable stay at our Hotel. We have been working very hard to make sure that all our guests enjoy their stays with us. I would like to inform you that since your last visit we opened an Ambassador floor dedicated to our loyal Ambassador members like yourself and we just launched our newly renovated Club InterContinental rooms.
Looking forward to welcoming you in person for your next visit at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

ahmed.azmy@interconticitystars.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,405)

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I go there a lot, great great location as its in the middle of the biggest shopping center in Cairo. The worst thing there is that they need to somehow change the main chefs. Need more variety in food and more professional chefs

• Stayed: May 2011

Dear Msgamal,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.
Your comments are extremely important to us and as you mentioned that you are a regular guest at our property, I would highly appreciate if you could send me a detailed email on my below listed address with the details of your comments so we can communicate them directly to our Food and Beverage department and investigate to avoid reoccurence.
Looking forward to welcoming you personally on your next visit to InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

ahmed.azmy@interconticitystars.com

Reviewed February 3, 2012

I stayed at the InterContinental on Sunday 29th to attend an event and enjoyed the hotel, the comfortable bedding, it's convenient location attached to the shopping center and to the airport, which means you don't get stuck in traffic too much.

The colleagues in the hotel had been very courteous and friendly, I.e. they were at my side when needed and it didn't take them long to respond to requests, I.e. the valet or the club lounge attendant.

The concierge was of great help to sort out my issue with my emirates flight the next day. He ha the number ready and he made my timely return possible.

• Stayed: February 2012
ahmed_azmy, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Citystars, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Dear ck050877,

Thank you for your comments.
We are delighted that you had a memorable stay at our Hotel. Please note that we have already shared your comments with the team which had a great impact. We are working very hard to make each guest’s stay as memorable as possible.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again at the InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed at this property twice in the last couple of years. Both times I was on business. I found the hotel to be both an efficient business traveler minded place as well as a good vacation spot with a very nice swimming pool, many restaurants (all good) and great service overall.
I found that rooms in the "main" building were better furnished and looked nicer than the ones in the buildings that surround the pool.
Always felt safe, directly connects to a huge mall with plenty of options for dining, eating or simply taking a walk in an air conditioned area.
It is probably not as "Central" as many other hotel along the Nile, but I was there for business and my company has offices adjacent to the Citystars complex, so worked out really well.
Hotel offers an "airport service". I truly recommend it. These folks get you out of there in minutes with Visa, etc... taken care of, you check-in the car, step out of the car at the hotel and walk directly to your room.
I always enjoyed my time in Cairo, I have many colleagues/friends who took us around town and being there with locals makes it that much more enjoyable if you are wanting to discover less touristy places - I did also the touristy places Pyramids, etc... all amazing.
All in all, great place to stay in Cairo...

Room Tip: I would select the ones in main building - may have a surcharge but well worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Dear flaburthe,

Thank you for your wonderful comments.
It is always a pleasure to see regular guests at our Hotel posting comments on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you are enjoying staying at the InterContinental Cairo Citystars. Please do not hesitate to contact me on my below listed email before your next visit. It will be a pleasure welcoming you personally.

Ahmed.azmy@interconticitystars.com

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Checked into hotel about 7PM with a tour. Very beautiful hotel. Near airport and huge City Stars mall. The room was lovely and met all of our needs.We also did get a chance to wonder around the Mall a little. We left the hotel at midnight for airport to catch a flight home, so our stay was quite short. Airport not too far away. We did prefer to be away from the center of the city.

Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear JMBFortLauderdale,

Thank you for your gentle comments.
We are delighted that you liked our property and we hope that you will have the time to enjoy our facilities during your next visit at our Hotel. We recommend that you try our newly renovated Club InterContinental rooms for your next stay. Looking forward welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

Very Impressive Hotel , Nice Hotel , specially its adjacent to the Shopping Mall , which is great.
The Breakfast was great & good quality with multiple varieties .
But it far from the city center & any sight seeing .
Recommended for shopping & business .

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Dear Mohad_Daoud,

Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed our breakfast.
I would recommend for your next stay to contact me directly on the below email with your sight seeing preferences and I will make sure that our concierge team can prepare a nice package for you with a lot of in the know tips that will make it a very special experience. Awaiting welcoming you back again very soon to our Hotel.

Ahmed.azmy@interconticitystars.com

Reviewed January 24, 2012

a great hotel,luxury room,very cooperative & helpful staff,,,,the bathroom is clean but not wide enough, the dinner buffet was tasty and had showed many varieties,,,desserts are so delicious,,the swimming pool is superb.the view from our room was not pleasant as it looked on the small streets of Nasr City area where the hotel is situated... .the hotel lies in vicinity to the biggest mall in cairo "city stars mall" where the brand shops open and where you can find all your needs .....although the hotel is close to the airport it is faraway from the Nile river so for those who seek the Nile river view,they will not enjoyed in this hotel,,,so i recommend this hotel for all of you especially for shopping lovers.....

Room Tip: rooms viewing the swimming pool are much better
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Dear mooda ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.
We also thank you for uploading some pictures as it is a real reflection of your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed our facilities and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon at InterContinental Cairo Citystars