“Very good location, nice rooms, wonderful staff”

Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo
Ranked #28 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
United Kingdom
“Very good location, nice rooms, wonderful staff”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Our first experience in this hotel was met with wonderful staff especially the reception desk who were very helpful. The location is very quiet and opposite to the Baron's palace which in my view is a tourist attraction but sadly not open to public. The room was clean and spacious and so comfortable especially the bed (so good to treat your back if you had backache). The breakfast was delicious and of multiple varieties which could suit any taste. The only drawback were the lack of English T.V. channel such as BBC world service and the lack of a special site for the non-smokers in the hotel lobby. Finally air-conditioning's dial was not working, all the grades were the same.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hiphip9
Emad E, Front Office Manager at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for posting your constructive comments.

Please be assured that we take all the necessary measures to identify means of development and improvement to elevate the quality of service.

We are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best.

We look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you again where you would experience and touch the value of progression.

sincerely yours
Front Office Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed December 17, 2012

my stay was mainly for finishing some work in cairo . i stayed for three nights. genaraly it seems quite . every thing was great but i think i will not stay with my family as there is no swiming pool .i also recomend to try their pastry.

1 Thank l22iz
Dear Valued Guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for staying at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo
please accept my sincere appreciation for your positive comments about our hotel & services. I’m so delighted to know that we have managed to meet your expectations
we are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo.

Alexandria, Egypt
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My second stay in lovely Baron , Staff in the hotel were excellent very helpful,Excellent ,my room was large, comfortable,In general I was made to feel very welcome in all of the places that I visited, thanks for everything.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Emad E, Front Office Manager at Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo, responded to this review, August 25, 2013

Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Tiny elevator , small rooms, old fashioned , and poor unclean restaurant. The only merit is nearness to airport and to citystars. It should be four stars but I extremely doubt this. The staff are good and welcoming.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tamer A
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations
At Baron Hotels, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. Please note that this problem was an exception to our normal practices
we appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Not the first time I stay in baron , most nice is the location ,very quite , tasty food and nice pastry, first time I tried dinner in the top floor restaurant ,very delicious, I recommend this restaurant for every body. There is some renovation done in rooms which is great

Dear Esteemed Guest,

I would like to thank you most sincerely for sharing your thoughts of Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo with others guests’ on the trip advisor. Your feedback will be influential in improving your experience on your next stay.
We are glad to hear you enjoyed the experience. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity once again to serve you in the very near future.

Thank You.
Reviewed November 26, 2012

one of my friends recomended the hotel for me as it is near to airport . I had to stay one night as my flight was on next day. Service was good . Receptionist was helpful and room was quite.may be i will stay one more night when i return back

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank You.
Madrid
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The only positive thing about this hotel are a) the bed, I had an OK sleep, and b) Its proximity to the airport.
The rooms are old and run down. The floors look as if they have not been cleaned prior to arrival and the bathroom is a nightmare to say the least. Inundated and with questionable hygiene standards. Has not been renovated in at least 30 yrs. The bathroom was a NIGHTMARE. The food at the restaurant was terrible too and there was smell of cigarette smoke everywhere.
There is free wifi available only at the lobby. Very slow speed however.
The airport is close by, not at walking distance though, but a free shuttle service is provided.
The hotel was booked through a 3rd party due to a flight cancellation...so I had no choice really. Word of caution: The receptionist tried to book me in the same room, as a fellow passenger with the same flight cancellation....
I would not stay again in this hotel, whatever the price and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business