Hotel Longchamps
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Conrad Cairo(Cairo)
  • Restaurant
All reviewscharming hotelapartment buildingquiet locationcommon areasairport pickupbusy cairoegyptian museumhome away from homebottled waterhebbazamalekbadridriverarabicpyramidsbalconiesnile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed in the basic room, which had not been updated, but was very clean and had a terrace attached. The internet access was the fastest I got in Egypt, the staff very helpful with drivers for us and the neighborhood is great for wandering around, even in the evening. The breakfast is a nice buffet, and available early, which was helpful when we had to depart at 7 am. Our room was also very quiet, as it faced to the back.

Room Tip: We were in room 5 & 12, which shared a terrace and are basic rooms, not fully updated.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

An efficient (German run!) hotel. Clean and friendly, in the centre of Cairo. And a good price ($79), with a good German/Egyptian breakfast. Free wifi, a nice terrace. It seems to be very popular, particularly with German visitors (no surprise there). We had to lodge in the less glamorous (but perfectly fine) Hotel Horus downstairs on several nights because the Longchamps was full. This still meant that we could use the communal rooms in the Longchamps and have breakfast there. Apparently it is cheaper to book the Horus rooms through the Longchamps ($55). Highly recommended when visiting Cairo. Beware of the traffic jams though.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My Fiance and i stayed in Longchamps in December 2012 based on great reviews from Trip Adivisor.
Firstly we arrived a day late as my fiance was sick and unable to fly, so Longchamps only charged 50% rate that night, which i thought was nice as they didnt need to.
We also got the airport transfers and had a FABULOUS driver called Ferris. He was a local guy who had lived in Italy and was studying to be a Italian tour guide, but also spoke excellent English. He was super friendly and provided us general information on the drive back to the hotel. We then had him to a full day tour with us of the pyramids and he was great. Didn't go overboard on the history and just gave a good general understanding.

In terms of the hotel, it is certainly not 5 star, but the rooms are very clean and new and the location is fantastic. The area is filled with consulates and is quite leafy. we walked around one afternoon and felt very safe and its away from the hustle and bustle.

We would definitely recommend the hotel, and ask for Ferris as he is great!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2013

After reviewing tripadvisor reports extensively we finally decided on Longchamps - sharing other travellers experience is such a great help;
My husband and I (from Australia) stayed at Longchamps in February 2013.
I found Hebba and all the wonderful Longchamp's staff absolutely fantastic.
We had booked to stay 1 night and then a subsequent 4 nights, however 4 days prior to our planned arrival we received the delightful news that our daughter (currently living in London) was able to join us! In addition to meeting up with us she would require an additional night's accommodation - one email to Longchamps and all was sorted - although longchamps itself was completely booked out they sourced accommodation for the extra night in the same building at another facility and organised an upgrade for our stay to a triple room instead of a double.
The room was comfortably big enough for the 3 of us.
Longchamps was very clean.
The Hotel was close to great restaurants and we felt totally safe walking at all hours.
There is a restaurant on site which is also very helpful.
I read other reviews regarding the ground floor entry - but as this is not a part of Longchamps how can they be responsible for same. Longchamps is located on the 5th and 6th floors of the building. There is a lift going to the fifth floor.
We arrived at Longchamps after a 4 day desert safari so the shower and laundry facilities were our main priority on arrival - both of which Longchamps were able to meet the challenge.
The staff could not have been more helpful!! including assistance with late night tea and free Wi-Fi access. They all went out of their way to ensure we had the best stay possible.
Great close bye (walking distance) restaurants include; Chinese - Le Peking, Pizza - Maison Thomas, Egyptian - Abu el-Sid, Western slant - the Boulevard.
Great pastry, cupcake and sweet places within same walking area. Supermarket & Pharmacy 250m away.
This is truly a great find.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SVP17
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had a reservation booked 3 months ahead of time, with a written confirmation, and I provided my credit card number as requested. 3 weeks before arrival, I asked if the price in dollars had been reduced due to the substantial recent depreciation (about 20%) in the Egyptian Pound. I was told that in fact the price had increased because of the cost of paying for imported bread for breakfast! Then I was told that no reservation had been made for me anyway. It wasn't worth arguing with Hebba Bakri, because by that time I had decided that she could not be trusted, and I wouldn't want to risk showing up after a long flight only to find some bait and switch, or unannounced cancellation of my reservation. The hotel gets generally good reviews, but I think that, as most of the other "Terrible" reviews indicate, it is not worth the risk of reserving through a dishonest, shifty person as Hebba Bakri. She is either (1) inept; (2) willing to cancel a reservation if she can raise the price for another traveler; or (3) some kind of nut case. You have been warned.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo