“VIEW FROM THE TOP”

and up
Cairo City Tour with Cairo Tower
Ranked #50 of 332 things to do in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: At a height of 600 feet, this tower offers magnificent views of the entire city and monuments from its revolving rooftop restaurant and bar.
Reviewed July 23, 2018

It's there so you might just as well do it - but don't hold your breath.

I have traveled to Egypt more than 10 times and every time I go, I remind myself to visit the top of the Cairo Tower. And I never do. So this last time, I made a point of going - and I am glad I did. Because now I never have to do that again.

It is not the greatest tourist attraction I have been to, and given the fact that Cairo boasts so many other great sightseeing opportunities, the Cairo Tower does not need to be near the top of the list of 'must-see' places in the city.

By all means, if you have time, take the ride up the tower. the view is lovely and you get a great overview of the city. Avoid the mid day hours and visit preferably in the late afternoon toward 'golden hour' light when the smog may have burned off and you'll catch a glimpse of the pyramids on the Giza plateau.

1  Thank Kenn V
in 12 reviews
"hazy"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed July 17, 2018 via mobile

We went just before sunset and although it's a shame we couldn't be up there during that time, the queues were absolutely massive by the time we were leaving, so we were fine with that. The views were spectacular, and in the distance, you can even see the magnificence of the pyramids. Definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2018

I had dinner in the revolving restaurant last winter, the food was good not great, took some time. Prices were reasonable. The view was the best part, the restaurant overlooks the Nile. Took some time to get upstairs since their was only one elevator that can carry six max. and was not fast so it may take you some time to get upstairs. They have got a cafe but does not revolve like the restaurant.

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Waited for almost 3 hrs, and as drinks are not allowed through security, it was 3 hrs in sweltering heat with no water.

Furthermore, despite most queuing in an orderly fashion, several locals filed in without waiting (and without being part of another group waiting) and then proceed to make rude comments when I wouldn’t let them in.

Then after almost 3 hrs, I was eventually let into the building only to find out that it was another 30 mins to get the lift!

So for a VERY expensive 180 pounds, 3 hrs of my time, being rudely treated by individuals that cut the queue to begin with, I left before wasting anymore time.

I instead ended up at the Nile View hotel with a stunning view spanning the nile, and for the same price of just admission to the tower, I not only had an equally beautiful view but also a delicious meal for 2 included in a hospitable environment.

General advice on Egypt in general based on my experience and those I have spoken with, come to Egypt but spend as little time in Cairo as possible. I recommend staying only a night or two (someplace like the Nile View hotel/Boat) and do a tour of the major sites (highly recommended Emo Tours), and then explore the rest of Egypt. It is a far more hospitable and charming place /country than Cairo will led you believe.

2  Thank WildeTravelDani