“fabulous hotel - enjoy it while it's quiet”

Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel
Ranked #15 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I've stayed here a couple of times now, once for work, once for leisure. As a fairly new hotel, and since the revolution, it's been very quiet. However the hotel is very modern, spacious and extremely clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful..... once you have their attention!

We were met at the airport and taken through immigration formalities...which aren't complicated...but if you don't know, it's helpful to have someone guide you.

It's handy being close to the airport, but there's nothing around the area.

Again, the hotel arranged a trip to Giza for us. As we only had half a day to go (for my mother aging mother to have the opportunity to see the pyramids) I explained very clearly to the concierge that we DIDN'T WANT TO DO THE USUAL TOURIST TRAIL OF PERFUME AND PAPYRUS SHOPS. However, we got taken to a papyrus place.... I made sure we DIDN'T go to the perfume place! I know it's not really the hotel staff's fault, but I was a bit disappointed that we could have had more time around the pyramids when I had specifically made the point of mentioning it. If you don't want to bother with that, I suppose the answer is to say it to the driver or guide who picks you up.

I digress!

In all, the hotel was great. They could do with leaving instructions about where to find all the light switches in the rooms, but we were very comfortable. I liked having the option of a bath or PROPER shower. Nice breakfast....yeah, all's good really.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The hotel is very quiet due to unrest in Egypt but it was so peaceful and friendly.
The hotel is very modern spacious and provides every luxury.
The food was good quality and affordable , nothing was too much trouble.
The rooms are large with choice of bath or shower. A kettle allows you to have a nice cup of hot drink when you need one.

Room Tip: I had a view of the pool which was lovely especially at night when it's lit up. I notice some l...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Josephine747771
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Booked for one night, pre arranged airport pick up at no extra charge. Driver met us at immigration and guided us through formalities, which we very helpful. Hotel not far from airport, maybe a 15 minute drive. Check in very simple, room was very good and bed was extremely comfortable. Can't really find any fault with hotel. Will certainly stay there again. Great value.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hani Z, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to share with us your feedback about our hotel

I was very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us , and our facilities met with your expectations, yor comments is very important to us and all this nice wards was shred with all the team members

we are waiting for your next stay with us to give you another memorable stay

Front office Manger

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel is a part of the JW Marriott, it is a good business hotel and comfortable. Good food options, including room menu. The location is not that great as it is difficult to get taxis and to get around. Good options in breakfast. Customized service.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Hani Z, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us

We are so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and you like the food variety, your comments is very important to us as it's communicated with all the management team to develop our level of services

We are waiting to welcome you on your next stay very soon

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

A nice place to go when you are in the mood for a proper meal. A good place to spend the night. With 4 or more restaurants with different cuisines available, you have plenty of choice. I like the main restaurant's open buffet a lot, the variation is good and mostly everything is tasty. The hotel also has a mini water park which is great if you have kids. All in all it's a really nice space. Oh, and for events they have a variety of event halls, that are slightly pricy to rent but worth it, as unlike many hotels in Egypt Mirage is a place I find to be dependent with really professional staff. However, you probably need a car to get there and the parking fees are very high so make sure to have some cash on the side and the parking fee might shock you like it shocked me.

• Stayed: February 2014
Hani Z, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Valued guest

I am really pleased to have just read your review and delighted you chose to stay with us.

I have shared your review with my team and we are extremely delighted.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is located in a quieter part of Egypt. Which is a good thing in my view... In a negative side of it is that their food /beverage prices are higher. Modern rooms with all amenities you would expect complete with flat screen tv, safe deposit box, lovely bathrobes and towels, tea/coffee making facilities and a minibar. Lovely helpful Reception staff especially Mario at Front Desk.

• Stayed: February 2014
Hani Z, Manager at Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I was so pleased to read so many different positive comments from you.

The hotel team are all extremely passionate about delivering consistent high standards of guest service at all times.

Meanwhile, I will be certain to pass your comments on to all the team, who will feel very proud to hear your compliments.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed at this hotel as the location was near to our family who we were visiting, the hotel overall was nice but there wasn't the attention to detail as a few faults in the bedroom, the hotel was extremely quiet and yet we got a view of the car park whereas the previous visit we had a pool view, these are details which didn't impress us. The breakfast was ok. We had requested a bed for my son which didn't arrive once we had returned to the hotel. I would stay here again if we needed to but would also look at other options. However the pool side bar served a beautiful seafood lunch.
We didn't go into the centre of Cairo, didn't feel it was safe to go.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Emma C
Hani Z, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Valued guest

First of all let me thank you for choosing our hotel as a venue

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience that you encountered regarding your room location and your request for the extra bed

We are taking your comments seriously and corrective action start to be implemented to avoid such situation from Reoccurring again during your next visit

We hope to welcome you again in our property to give you an enjoyable and memorable stay