“I will not go there again”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Studio Masr

Studio Masr
Ranked #144 of 4,152 Restaurants in Cairo
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Egyptian, International
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“I will not go there again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere seems to be interesting, we were greeted with a smile & friendly staff but that was the end of the good part.
We waited close to 40 minutes to get our order. The portions were very small considering the price. The bread was not fresh. The restaurant was not busy for the slow service. I even asked for the bill to leave & it took him close to 15 minutes to have it ready.
The capital investment is good, the staff are friendly but the ongoing service is really poor.

• Visited May 2013

• Arabic first
“I will not come again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

• Visited May 2013
Rome, Italy
“Great tasty fish!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

I have come to this restaurant times and times again. Cooking is superb! Staff are so friendly and food is so tasty! My favourite order includes grilled fish and grilled squids (with spicy tomato sauce on an iron plate), cooked the Egyptian way. I first go inside to the fish desk and select the fish I want and specify the way I’d like to have it cooked, after consulting with the staff. Staff are so helpful and friendly! Service is relatively fast, considering that it is fresh fish to be cooked and they update me a few times about how long it is still taking before they come with the delicious order served. Cairo has a great weather throughout the year, so I always sit outside. Indoors, the place is plain. The place faces a main street, but it is somehow protected and so I can enjoy the open area even when it is windy, as the wind does not reach you much there. Prices are moderate range, neither cheap nor expensive, you get what you pay for and portions are very satisfactory... Avoid ordering too much! So, I always leave very satisfied. If you are not after a place with special ambiance and simply want to enjoy a great meal, I recommend that you try this restaurant in Heliopolis!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank ItaloRome
Athens, Georgia
“Overpriced, upscale grill”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Studio Misr is a part of a successful local franchise in Egypt. This branch is located on a side street (with very few parking spots, so make sure to go a little bit earlier). The menu is pretty normal for any grill house: meatballs, kebab, grilled chicken, etc along with a nice set of appetizers.
The prices are overrated for my standards, you can have bigger portions at other real grill restaurants for less, but you get served in a more pampering way I guess.
The restaurants is paired with their sister chain "Halaket el Samak" a seafood restaurant and you can order from either of them on the same table if you would like to try different things.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Alaa A
Taiz, Yemen
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice resturant, great food, extreamly friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

i really liked the food in Studio Misr. it was great the (Bent alakaber dish )was so tasty and perfectly cooked..and the Mix grill was fantastic,,
the staff were so helpful and friendly ..
the prices were reasonable but the tax and service fees were high ..but i guess the lovely staff deserve the extra money paid for their hospitality ..
Studio Misr is one of the best restaurants I've eaten in in Egypt.. and i will definitely pay it another visit next time i am there..

• Visited July 2012