All reviews sun city one night the rooftop pool area ideal hotel shopping mall very clean hotel rooms are spacious close to the airport loved this hotel central cairo suncity lobby egypt comfort banks traffic mohamed
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

A small boutique hotel with so much comfort and excellent staff. And then it’s right inside Suncity Mall. The mall has a Carrefour store, movie theatres, food court, an ice rink, many textile shops, banks and a ATM where you can change your foreign currency!

The Gabriel is ideal for a first timer to Cairo who has limited time to look around. The rooms are cozy and ambient, sufficient for a business traveler. Mohamed at the reception and Andrew of the restaurant made my stay even more worthy.

I will recommend this hotel any time.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank FredKiige
Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

This is the first high end hotel I have stayed at in Egypt. Over the years stayed in a number of western branded hotels tagged as 5 star which by Western European standards were not. This hotel is linked to a high end Mall and it’s clear no expense was spared. Check in was slow but friendly with the mocktail a nice touch. Rooms were comfortable but mine was near the Mall entrance so was noisier than I expected. Breakfast was OK, but limited. No gym and the $20 for a 10 min ride to the airport was out of order. I next time stay at the Meridian connected the the airport to avoid the taxi cost.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Yellowbird1
Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

Every picture I saw of this hotel prior to arriving made me very pleased with what I was going to get. And when I arrived everything I saw was exactly what was there. This hotel is gorgeous I love the decor of it. The staff were very friendly easy to work with an accommodating which is always easy when you're arriving in the wee hours of the morning as I did.

The hotel is connected to the Sun City Mall which makes things more convenient when you need something to do. As many no traffic and Cairo is a pain so this isn't the ideal hotel if you have plans to roam around downtown Cairo or Giza but if you have early flight out or late flight coming in I would highly recommend staying in this hotel. The area around the hotel is definitely developing so probably in another year or two it'll be very Cosmopolitan and modern but as I stated given the traffic constraints it's probably a little too far to stay when you're doing sightseeing and main parts of Cairo.

The food at the French restaurant was absolutely amazing. I wouldn't exactly call the entire cuisine French because they definitely had some typical Italian meals as well but nevertheless the food was mouth-watering and the wine selections were great as well.

I chose to spend my last two days and Cairo at this hotel one so I would be closer to the airport when it was time for me to leave and to just to get a different feel of the different levels of service that you can get within Cairo. I felt for the service that I received and the quality of the product the hotel offers I definitely got a steal on the price. I would stay at this hotel again and a heartbeat. But part of that is due to the fact that most of the things to see in the main parts of Cairo I've already seen so I don't have to worry about traveling back into the city so traffic wouldn't be an issue for me. If This Were my first time traveling to Cairo and I stayed at this hotel and might get a little Annoying to have to sit through the crazy traffic to go to and from but with a little planning of your day it's definitely doable.

All in all even if you only stay for one night this hotel is definitely worth it.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 503christab
Reviewed December 29, 2018

I chose the Gabriel because of the reviews and its nearness to the airport. As all the reviews say: the staff is extremely friendly, polite, wonderful. Very very clean hotel. Very kind staff. They accommodated my need to hang around till my late afternoon flight (offered without my asking). But the best aspect of the Gabriel is Salt--their restaurant. Diverse menu (with a breakfast option for traditional cuisine). Great coffee. The main (dinner) menu and the theme of the restaurant is French. I ordered the pumpkin soup and then the roasted salmon (crispy on the outside, tender on the inside). Exquisite. To my shock, when I asked to meet the chef, he was 18 years old: Basel Alla, trained here in Cairo at the Bon Appetit Institute. This is a very special place.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Robin L
Reviewed December 17, 2018

We recently had a two night stay over in the hotel after a long haul flight from Australia. We chose the hotel due to its location being so close to the airport. An added bonus is that while it is some distance from central Cairo it is part of an extremly large shopping centre so all your entertainment and shopping needs are right on your doorstep.
Upon our arrival we were warmly greeted by Mohamed who went out of his way to welcome us and made us feel more than welcome. The first impression you have when entering is the amazing decor only to be outdone by such warm welcomes by all the staff.
The rooms are spacious, the shower would have to be one of the best we have had in all our times in Egypt.
The restaurant is great. I wouldnt hesitate to return.

Room tip: Whilst there wasn't any traffic noise, we were woken a few times due to the street dogs outside.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple