“Interesting hotel.”
Review of The Gabriel Hotel

Ranked #39 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I arrived late evening 22of jan, found the hotel to be very quiet which was just what I wanted! My friends and I proceeded to my room for some drinks after a long day of traveling. We were escorted by the floor butler. Upon entrance to the room I found it just like the pictures on the website, the butler brought ice and explained how th work the tv, shower ect.....
At around 11pm my friends left and the noise from the nightclub was terrible!
The next morning I went for breakfast, I found the service to be moderate and lacking in personality. The breads are to die for!
Later that day I decided to have a drink, only to discover the bar doesn't open to 5pm, so after some effort I managed to get a glass of wine in the foyere.
The lunch was really good, lentil soup, chicken and white choc ice cream.
I met with the GM and head chef both of which are very personable.
A good hotel, very new and a few glitches to work out.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Loveto8
Karim F, General Manager at The Gabriel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,

The sixty ladies and gentlemen of the Gabriel & I we look forward to welcoming you in person in the very near future.

There are newer reviews for The Gabriel Hotel

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on two occasions recently. The hotel is a short drive from the airport and located in a new & modern shopping center called Sun City Mall which offers plenty of stores, coffee shops and restaurants. Great location for someone who wants to be away from the noise of central Cairo while staying close to the airport and having shops and restaurants around.

Rooms are spacious with chic decor, comfortable beds and 5-star bathrooms. Breakfast is very good and served at the hotel's amazing restaurant, SALT. After trying the food in that restaurant, we didn't want to eat anywhere else.

Our only discomfort came about during our second stay in the hotel on Thursday and Friday nights. On these two nights (which is weekend in Egypt), they turn the rooftop pool area of the hotel into a night club which results in the loud music being played until late. If you are planning on staying in this hotel on Thursday and Friday, bring earplugs.

All in all, a great hotel - Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank STraveller26
Karim F, General Manager at The Gabriel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Gabriel and I certainly do appreciate your genuine feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. Reading your review we were very pleased to see that we succeeded to reach your expectations.
On behalf of the sixty ladies and gentlemen of the Gabriel I look forward to welcoming you in person in the very near future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Excellent hotel, don’t have any thing to complain. I had a very nice time in Cairo. The hotel is just amazing, very beautiful, clean and comfortable. New hotel in town, in a good area. The stuff are very friendly and the manager is a gentleman. Ideal hotel for a business trip, vacation time or honeymoon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fbicalho
Karim F, General Manager at The Gabriel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Gabriel.
The sixty ladies and gentlemen of the Gabriel were honored and delighted to be at your service and we all look forward to welcoming you in person in the very near future.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have spent 3 days with my wife there including new year's eve and we had so much fun. The hotel is very clean and luxurious the staff are helpful and nice. We had a very nice dinner in the resturant and food was so different than anywhere i have been. It was my first stay ever in a boutique hotel and we really liked it.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Nfadel
Karim F, General Manager at The Gabriel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Gabriel. The sixty ladies and gentlemen of the Gabriel and I, we look forward to welcoming you in person in the very near future.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed at The Gabriel Hotel few days in the second week of December. Even if the hotel is far from Cairo's main attractions we had a very comfortable & luxurious stay. By the way the location, far away from noisy and busy Downtown or crowded Heliopolis, is a plus if you need an urban retreat experience. Without mentionning that the Airport is very close to the Hotel.
The service was excellent, by far at the level of other luxury boutique hotels abroad. The staff was very friendly, helpful and professionaly trained.
We were surprised by the quality of the food served all day long at Salt, the restaurant inside the hotel. The last evening we were informed by the staff of the hotel about a special wine dinner (an event, we happen to know, organized each month). The quality of this culinary experience, quite near of one you may have in other cosmopolitan cities, definitely made us almost forget that we were seated in a restaurant inside an hotel in Cairo.
Highly recommended if you travel to Cairo.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Misobelita S
Karim F, General Manager at The Gabriel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Our Valued Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at The Gabriel and I certainly do appreciate your genuine feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. Reading your review we were very pleases to see that we succeeded to reach your expectations.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Hi,
I have a very good experience when I visit The Gabriel Hotel in Cairo, The atmosphere was very good since we enter the hotel, they give us a very good service & specially treatment.
The rooms was special & great, we had a great food experience & Salt restaurant.
we enjoyed our stay & we recommend it to all our friends.
If you visit Cairo, don't miss the experience of Salt Food.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lily9053

Reviewed December 28, 2012

so far from the city , you feel like you are alone in a desert ,no easly transportation, no view just building under construction around you , you can not sleep due to the club's noise, room is clean, if you wanna stay there you have to be with groups or family because there is no one to talk or something to do ...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Modddd
Karim F, General Manager at The Gabriel Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2012

Dear Our Valued Guest,

Rest assured that your comments are very constructive and i hope it will not deter you from using The Gabriel for your future stays.