“Best Rotisserie Chicken in Maadi” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cairo Kitchen
Ranked #30 of 4,143 Restaurants in Cairo
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Egyptian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Cairo Kitchen is a new restaurant concept in Egypt that serves up traditional home-cooking in a fresh, contemporary setting. We offer a menu that combines some of the classics of Egyptian home-cooking and the country’s ubiquitous street cuisine, with an original salad bar that takes a fresh approach to local produce, serving it in new and creative ways. We’re paying homage to Egypt’s rich culinary traditions by proposing a new way of presenting and serving these “golden oldies” while staying true to the traditional recipes and ingredients. With bold interiors created by Egyptian architect and designer, Hassan Abouseda, the restaurant is a modern twist on Egypt’s traditional culture.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Best Rotisserie Chicken in Maadi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

A coworker turned me on to this restaurant a few weeks ago. It is very clean and modern with a friendly staff. They have daily specials, local delicacies including koshari and various salads. The best thing that I have tried there is the rotisserie chicken. Make sure that you try their hot sauce with this chicken if you like spicy food. Enjoy!!

• Visited March 2013

• Arabic first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“My Favorite Meal in Cairo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

The friend I was visiting in Cairo insisted we try this place, and I am so glad she did. Cairo Kitchen is small, but bright and colorful. The food is served cafeteria style and the lady behind the counter was happy to show us the options and explain them before we ordered. I got the koshary, with a side of pickled vegetables. Sharing is encouraged - we all got plates and dug in. The koshary was great, but the chicken fattah may have been my favorite. The juice counter was also a treat, with options to mix and match - rose water, lemon and mint, karkade included.

It took a little while to flag down a waiter to pay our bill, but that seems to be normal in Cairo. I also grabbed a jar of date jam for 15LE which was sadly confiscated at the airport in Germany. Obviously, Cairo Kitchen is not as "authentic" an experience as some travelers might seek, but for us, it was a fun, delicious, and relatively inexpensive lunch.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Polly B
“Different place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Very good place to inviting foreigners , different place,foods,mood & never ever eat the same food in other location in Egypt.

• Visited April 2013
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Best koshary ever. Delicious chicken. Tasty salads. Highly recommend it.

It is very good for home delivery too. And you get to keep the cool tupperware.

• Visited December 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Service; rude staff;”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Nice venue and nice concept but the service and staff are very poor. I visited for a second time on the evening of 28 March. The man behind the food desk was reluctant to show me what the food options were and seemed resentful of me even being there. I then waited for about 5 minutes next to the salad counter without anyone bothering to serve me. When I finally caught the attention of the manager and mentioned politely that I'd been waiting for ages, he simply waved me away. So I left and went to Zooba just round the corner where the service was good and the food much better and fresher.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BritinCairo2
Nadim M, Development Manager at Cairo Kitchen, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Good Morning Sr.

We are shocked at what happened, we greatly apologize for what happened, and the appropriate actions are being taken so such events do not happen again.
We greatly appreciate your honest review, and hope you join us again for a better experience.

Cairo Kitchen Team