“A tour guide who loves what he does”
Review of Egypt Day Tours

Egypt Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$47.00*
and up
Giza Pyramids, Sphinx and Egyptian Museum Guided...
Ranked #4 of 293 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Egypt day tours offers a various selection of tours and trips in Egypt. Our Egypt tours take you back to ancient time of great prosperity and power as we visit beautiful temples and wonderful pyramids and more attractive places.Why Should you book with Egypt Day Tours?Egypt Day Tours is simply different. We are not just a travel agency that you are booking with, we are your local friends who will do their best to make sure you are having a wonerful time. Egypt Day Tours Guides will never force you to go somewhere you dont want or trick you into something bad.If you are not satisfied with your tour, dont pay. Payment is at the end of the tour, because we are confident you will be very satisfied with our tours. Our Motto is "If it is not Okay, You wont pay"
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Just spent 1.5 days in Cairo with Mimmo as a tour guide. It was a very special time because of the efforts of Mimmo. He did not give us a tour of Cairo, he made us experience Cairo with all our senses. Whether it be the Egyptian museum, the pyramids, Islamic Cairo, or the time spent in between. For example the museum can be overwhelming with its thousands of exhibits but Mimmo made even my 14 year old daughter fully engaged by making the tour interactive and personal. At the pyramids apart from the history and the specifics he took some of the coolest pictures which we will be enjoying years from now. In islamic Cairo his knowledge of history left me dumbfounded and I am fairly well versed in Egyptian Islamic history. And between that time Mimmo introduced us to some really unique Egyptian local cuisine that left our taste buds tingling. Mimmo was with us from 7 in the morning till 10 at night on the full day and I think he would have gone on for another few hours. Highly recommend!
As for Egypt Day tours the company I have to give them high marks for their sheer professionalism, organisation skills, and personal torch. I worked with Mr. Mo Attar and wow it was a pleasure! I originally had reached out to him probably 6 months in advance of my trip along with many other companies but he stood out in terms of the timeliness of his response and the ability to work to create a customised tour plan. Though he is based in Alexandria he came all the way to Cairo to meet and greet us which was highly appreciated. He accommodated all our special requests. Great company!
As for the 2.5 days we have spent so far (1.5 in Cairo and 1 in Luxor), I can tell you with confidence that go and visit Egypt. It is safe, enjoyable, and enriching. If you are hesitating because of the travel advisories do not worry. the country's economy is being devastated because of the lack of tourists and if you are looking to spend your currency any where in the world give Egypt a strong consideration. You will have a good time and help some much people who are much in need of assistance. I have another day to go on my way back and will write an additional review of the sites on completion but it was important for me to put this out as fast as possible.

1  Thank Abbas_10
"cairo airport"
"felt very safe"
"excellent photographer"

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Was a wonderful experience having visited Pyramids of Giza, nile tower, down town and the city tour. wouldn't have been possible without Egypt day tour's support, the tour guide Amer, who was very supportive, witty and a good company to tour around. He helped me with some local cuisines as well.

Thanks for the memories :)

Thank Avol. A
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We decided to take a quick trip to Egypt from Jordan because of our proximity to one of the greates wonders in the world. I was extremely apprehensive to go to Egypt in light of the political climate. We found Egypt day tours online, while looking for a private tour to the pyramids. (i wanted to avoid travelling through Egypt without a guide during these dangerous times there.) First off, the communication was excellent. we were answered very quickly with any question we had. Expect to pay 20 % of the total amount of the tour up front, online. This is a very reputable company so your transaction is safe.

The tour is extremely customizable. You can do anything and go anywhere you want. we chose to see the Museum and the Pyramids, with a quick stop off for lunch. We were picked up immediatley from the airport by our driver and guide, who was waiting for us at the gate with a sign with our names on it. They took our bags direclty to a brand new kia, fully equipped with air conditioning and taken to the Museum. Our guide Mimmo was spectacular, not only for his knowledge and love of his country (both current and historical) but also for his easily approachable demeanor and street sense. He told us not to take pictures of the police or military which seems like common sense to me, but most people unaware of the political climate, would not know that you shouldnt do this. Mimmo made us feel comfortable and kept us very safe. Inside the museum, he knew everything and managed to give us the information without being boring. (entrance to the museum was included in the price of the tour - Entrance to the hall of the mummies was extra)

After we left the museum, we stopped for lunch at a place along the nile river, which was recommeded to us by Mimmo. Amazing food, amazing view of the Nile, not expensive.

At the pyramids (entrance to the site included, but not to the inside of the pyramids, as that is an extra charge) we were given the heads up by Mimmo about how to handle the touters, who can be extremely forward and persistent. Once at the pyramids, Mimmo became our personal photographer and took some amazing pictures that looked like we hired a photographer to follow us around. At no point did he pressure us to do something we didnt want to do, and was always informing us of things as we drove by it, offering us to stop if we'd like to see them (papyrus museum, cotton producing house, stores to get really nice, really cheap souvenirs etc...)

Because we booked our trip fast, we had no place to stay. When Mimmo heard this, he called a five star hotel right next to the pyramids and booked us a beautiful room for dirt cheap. the room and breakfast buffet was gorgeous and delicious. Mimmo didnt leave our side until we were checked in and even brought our bags to the room. Throught the entire length of the the trip, (because we arrived in Egypt a little last minute, we didnt have time to exchange our money) Mimmo paid everything we needed (food, hotel room) out of his own pocket so we didnt have to keep going to change our money and wasting time at ATMS or banks. He tallied everything up into one total bill including all the extras that werent included in the tour (entrance to the inside of the pyramids, the hall of the mummy, souvenirs and food) and the leftover amount we owed for the tour. the next morning, the same company sent us another driver that picked us up and brought us straight to the airport.

The private tour is a MUST for travellers. the safety and convenience really made our trip (the driving in Egypt will give you a heart attack and this is coming from someone who lived in Dubai, Lebanon, and drove in Algeria, Iraq and Jordan) so it was awesome to not have to worry about changing, money, renting a car, finding food, etc....

I LOVE this company and would definately go back again to visit Egypt with them. this time ill book a tour to see Saqqara, Alexandria, Luxor...THEY GO ANYWHERE AND PERSONALIZE THE TOUR ANY WAY YOU WANT.

im sure the other guides are awesome, but Mimmo was epically amazing!

1  Thank bender2203
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Had a long layover. Found Egypt Day Tours on TA. My E-mail to Mr. Attarious was answered promptly. I was given the cell number for my guide Minnots who met me at the airport. The visitors visa was 135 Egyptian Pounds (~19$)...no problem getting into country.

Mimmots was waiting with a private driver (Hussain) and we went into Cario. Friday is NOT a good day to go because of the curfew (7 PM) so we were a bit pushed for time. Mimmots was a great teacher. Took me first to The Museum of Egypt (we got that out of the way before noon prayers were done). They wanted me out of down town before any potential protests began. I saw some signs, etc...not a big deal.

I requested a hotel room to freshen up...this was included in my package.

I had a great day visiting the Pryamids. I folllowed Mimmots advice and guidance and had a great day finishing off with a great meal off of one of the vendors on the street.

I was a bit uneasy at first, but overall felt safe with my guide and driver.

No real surprises. Fair Value for the money...I spent about $225 (for hotel, meals, all entry fees).

Red Deer Rob