“Great Memory”

Ranked #114 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Adelaide
“Great Memory”
Reviewed February 9, 2011

During the civil unrest my tour group was able to get us set up in this hotel.

Considering everything that was happening the staff were excellent especially Mustafa. He made jokes, kept us entertained as well as giving us his opinion on everything that was happening around us. His service was better than what I get here in Australia and the food was good too which was a bonus. The staff also hung around at night and guarded the hotel and its staff.

The room was nothing special but had everything you would need, it was clean and considering what was happening out in the street, I got a great nights sleep.

• Stayed January 2011
4 Thank TheAussieBogan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 17, 2010

I called to book a room with 2 beds and they told me it is $70 US even though it is just 55 usually. When I arrived they refused to let me check the room before I signed for the room. Once I signed and went to the room and saw the small room, the bad smell, the bad service, the lack of tollite papers and pellow. I called and said It do not like it and they kept sayhing we already charged your credit card. I mean seriously, someone should report this hotel owners to the tourists police.

I went to a 5 star hotel and paid just $30 more.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank Economytraveler18

Travelers are raving about these Cairo hotels

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 2, 2010

I checked-in in this hotel for 1 night this December after a trip to Saqqara, Memphis, and Dashour. Was given a room with a balcony on the 3rd floor facing Al Maamoun and paid 300LE (US55). There was a light foul smell as I entered the room so I opened the door in the balcony to let the air in the room out. At night and in the morning you will hear noises from the street down. At the reception I have asked a bellboy to get me credit for my mobinil and vodafone lines for 25LE each but just handed to me 10LE load each. I never ever bothered to complain this bellboy the next day when I checked-out thinking that he might be in dire need of money but it was just too bad to shortchanged a tourist. The breakfast has no variety and had shelled out 3LE for an egg omelet.

Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Mino_Ona
Cairo
Reviewed June 27, 2009

I recommended this hotel to my American fiance (I am Egyptian), and I wish I did not. The service was very bad, the front desk girls were so rude and gave us weird looks cause I am Egyptian and he's American. They didn't let me up to wake him and didn't allow us to go up the room bring some stuff and go out again. The breakfast was very poor and finally my fiance said the bed was very stiff and he checked out just after a day and half and he stayed at Heliopark hotel, it was around the same price per night but better by far.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple