“A blissful peace of paradise in maddening Cairo”

Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza
Ranked #1 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Bellevue, Washington
“A blissful peace of paradise in maddening Cairo”
Reviewed June 24, 2008

We stayed in the Four Seasons for four nights on an Egypt holiday in June 2008.

Since our travel to date has been limited to the US and Western Europe, we were admittedly a bit intimidated by the city, and as such spent a great deal of time in the hotel as we acclimated to the surroundings. And what a hotel! It was difficult to leave sometimes, so sumptuous and comfortable was it.

Security around the hotel is tight: metal detectors, dogs that sniff the approaching cars, so safety is never an issue.

Location is pristine. It is situated across from the Nile which has lovely walks. It is a five minute walk from the Egyptian Museum, and is surrounded by banks and shops.

We had a room on the 26th floor facing the city. Beautiful view, and we could see fireworks at night. The room was pristine, enormous, and had a gorgeous bathroom with huge separate bathtub which I used daily. Unbelievable closet space and great one hour pressing service which comes in handy for all of the linen you brought to Egypt.

We used room service daily, and it always arrived hot and within 20-30 minutes. Minibar was well equipped and regularly filled. Turn down service gave us four free large bottled waters every night which we took on our excursions.

Internet was expensive (31.99/day) but worked perfectly and was wireless.

We were overwhelmed by the number of dining options in the hotel. There is a restaurant to suit every taste here and we sampled most of them. We never felt the need to venture out into Cairo to eat, which was a bit of a shame, but fine by us. My favorite was eating by the pool. Lovely light menu and gorgeous setting, especially in the late afternoon when the entire pool is shaded by the building. The pool itself is lovely. The chairs are oh-so-comfortable with thick mats and padding. The service on the pool deck was outstanding.

Hotel amenities were good. There was an ATM on site, so we could grab egyptian currency. We would have liked to find a sundry shop to buy sodas, snacks, and magazines. The book claimed they had one, but we never found it.

We couldn't find a single thing to fault at this hotel. We loved every moment that we stayed there, and hope that we will be able to return one day soon!

• Liked — food, rooms, service
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mackenzie S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Toronto
Reviewed June 3, 2008

It is absolutely worth the money staying here. I reserved the airport pick up service. Simply get off your plane, give the attendant your passport... 3 minutes later, bypass the lines, and hop in your car and get whisked to your hotel! I love attention to detail in a hotel, and this place has it in spades. The room was beautiful with a great view of the Nile, comfy bed, plush robes and slippers. The bathroom was large and well-appointed. In room dining was top notch. The exercise room was almost as good as my own gym! Indoor pool was large and I had it mostly to myself.

My primary reason for visiting Cairo was to see the Giza pyramids as I was there for only a short time. I highly recommend the hotel tourist services for this. For example, my guide was able to get me into the one of the pyramids even after all the "official" tickets had sold out. E-mail the concierge ahead of time to book your tours.

I would come back in a heart beat.

• Stayed May 2008
1 Thank Roncy
Ireland
Reviewed June 2, 2008

Stayed in this hotel located in the Giza area of Cairo on the Nile.
Hotel is large for a Four Seasons located on a busy road. However all of Cairo seems to be like this and if you are going to be in Cairo pick a good hotel as it is a challenging city.
Public areas are really large with magnificent flower arrangements,
I did not have a Nile view but the City view is not bad.
There is a nice pool ( with poolside restaurant) spa and gym if you have some extra time.
There are many restaurants in this hotel we ate in the Chinese one 'Spices' but there are other choices like Italian also. The food and service were both excellent.

I was not so happy with the room service that I had as the marinated tuna that I ordered did not appear as the menu description - it also took a long time.

This hotel is a refuge in a mad city but I dont think that the attention to detail is as strong as other FS properties that I have been at.

Nonethless not a bad choice if you are in Cairo - good luck.

• Liked — A haven in Cairo / Restaurant choices
  • Disliked — Internet connection problems
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank 747/400
Daylesford, Australia
Reviewed April 15, 2008

Outside of Raffles in Singapore, this is clearly the best Hotel we have ever stayed in. From security through reception to room to views to restaurants to extra care in housekeeping, we not only found no faults but at each our expectations were far surpassed. Our memories of the breakfast (variety, quality and service) and the Chinese restaurant (genuine 3 Chinese cooking styles) will remain with us for so long a time. We stayed 4 nights and wish it could have been much, much longer.
They said this hotel was rated 18th in the world - the other 17 (if they don't include Raffles) must be amazing.

• Liked — Design and Views
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
3 Thank RetiredWazza
New York
Reviewed March 31, 2008

I stayed at the Four Season, Nile Plaza for two nights with my husband and two children while sightseeing in Cairo. I had been told and read on this website that this Four Seasons is not up to par with those in the US and elsewhere. Definitely not true! This hotel was fantastic in every way, and a cut above every other hotel we stayed in while in Egypt. The service is amazing, the rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the food was great. We ate breakfast there twice and dinner once in the steak house which was as good as it gets.

I highly recommend this hotel while you are in Cairo, although I think it is worth staying out at the Oberoi Mena House while you are touring all the pyramids in Giza and the towns just south of there. Staying at the Four Seasons in Cairo adds at least 1/2 hour to 45 minutes more to your trips out there ( with the traffic) and that definitely can be frustrating. We started our trip at the Mena House, then flew down to Upper Egypt and then ended our trip with two days in Cairo staying here. It is nice to end with such luxury......

We also went over to the other Four Seasons called the First Residence to meet some friends (about 10 or 15 minutes away with no traffic) and I think the one at Nile Plaza is physically MUCH nicer.

When in Cairo, definitely, stay here! Awesome.......

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank lovetogoonvacations
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 28, 2008

We stayed at the Four Seasons Nile Plaza for 3 nights at the beginning of our tour in Egypt - and it made me wish I could have relaxed there for a few more days just to enjoy the hotel. We were upgraded on arrival to a suite due to availability issues - and what a suite! Two separate rooms with a double balcony complete with lounger all overlooking the Nile. The room was spotless and everything was in perfect working order. Our rate included breakfast which they gladly brought to our room for eating on our balcony - and my wife still raves about her mango juice and banana smoothies. This is what a luxury hotel is meant to be: welcoming, beautiful, clean, 100% working order. L'Occitane toiletries in the bathroom, fresh flowers in the room. The hotel is indeed an oasis of calm and luxury in what is a very hectic city - and a city that for a foreigner can wear you down. This hotel is very much still a good value. It is relatively expensive compared to other Cairo hotels - but it is a very good value compared to other Four Seasons in other major cities around the world. We had dinner one night in the Lebanese restaurant, and although it was pricey, it was a gorgeous presentation and I wish I could have filled three bellies full of the delicious foods in the decadent buffet. The pool and spa are those of a resort - large, clean, with food service at your lounger. You will feel like you are on a resort vacation. Final word - if its in your price range, stay here. And book an extra day before or after your tour just to relax!

• Liked — Level of luxury very high.
  • Disliked — That I had to leave.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mindwanderer
Milan, Italy
Reviewed March 27, 2008

The FS-Nile Plaza proved to be the rigth choice in a fascinating but demanding city, where you end your days really exhausted. It was very nice to be able to relax in the outdoor pool during luch-time or taking a bath in the fully equipped marbled bathroom.
Also the location is great: right in front of the Nile, and convenient for reaching both the pyramids and Cairo's most characteristic areas.
I would defintely go back to this hotel!

• Stayed March 2008