“Can't beat the Four Seasons”

Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza
Ranked #1 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Cairo, Egypt
“Can't beat the Four Seasons”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The hotel is amazing with nice view of the Nile. I still believe that you can't beat the quality service that you receive at the four seasons. The staff are always with a smile and do their best to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
NilePlaza, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza following your stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our hotel. It was also a pleasure to read your appreciative words about our staff, I will be sure to convey your kind compliments to them. We are proud of our employees who take extra steps to ensure that our guests' needs are met, and who provide the quality of service we promise.

Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to Nile Plaza in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Jeddah
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The lobby is beautiful and displays the flower arrangement standards for the four seasons which are beautiful.

Yet, from the minute you arrive, you feel that the attention to details is not there.
1. Bell boys were standing socializing without paying attention to guests, except to ask for bakhshish, which is common in that country
2. Check in took for ever and the clerk was going back and forth for no reason.
3. The rooms don't feel four seasons. The material that has been used even the accessories, have been cheaply made locally. The four seasons uses l'occitane soap from France, I believe this hotel uses a local bad version of it.
4. Food was terrible, oily and full of fat. Not what you expect from a four seasons

My recommendation to the manager and owners: train your people properly and focus on little details.

As for the guests, I think you have to accept lower standards

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank hajjarmo
NilePlaza, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza following your recent stay with us.

Our goal is to anticipate and exceed our guests' expectations; it is through your constructive feedback that we are able to constantly strive to improve our products and facilities. I am sorry to learn that your stay was not up to your expectations, please rest assured that your comments have been taken seriously in order to correct the mentioned shortcomings.

Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed November 10, 2012

UPSIDE (1) literally next to the famous Nile river (2) breakfast selection is quite entertaining (3) bar and the italian restaurant is great (4) room is large and clean (5) near the centre of town (6) connected to the small mall and the great Japanese sushi

DOWNSIDE (1) could be noisy as back side is normal houses/community places (2) a bit far from airport but this is not really an issue

Alfrid

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
NilePlaza, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, November 11, 2012

We are delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with our accommodation and its fantastic Nile view as well as the various food and beverage options. We are proud of providing the best quality and service we promise.

Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is a comfortable hotel with generally good service and an excellent view (especially for breakfast) overlooking the Nile.
However, I do have some caveats:
- internet: you would think that, charging a rate of some $300 per night, they would not have to charge extra for internet use, but they do
- airport transfers: I stupidly arranged one for my arrival in Cairo, which cost $100, whereas the cost of a decent taxi is less than 20% of that!
- communications: an e-mail I sent them several days before my arrival was never answered. I can only assume they couldn't be bothered

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Charles T

We are delighted to learn that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our hotel and the 'excellent' Nile views.

Our goal is to anticipate and exceed our guests' expectations; it is through your positive and constructive feedback that we are able to constantly strive to improve our products and facilities. I am sorry to learn about the communication issue and that was not up to your expectations, please rest assured that your comment has been taken seriously in order to correct the mentioned shortcomings.

Cairo
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The hotel is beautiful, the food is amazing, the incredible gym overlooks the Nile, the shower is the best ever, the amenities are super luxe, and the bed is a totally amazing sleep. But most of all, Residence Hotel Manager Ashraf is the sweetest, most caring & thoughtful person ever. He makes every guest feel like they are the most special person in the world. The only hotel I would stay in Cairo.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive feedback and your great review following your recent stay at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza.

We are delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our hotel. It was also a pleasure to read your appreciative words about our Residence Manager "Ashraf Mahmoud", I will make sure to convey your kind compliments to him. We are truly proud of our employees who anticipate the needs of our guests and ensure providing the best quality and service.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just got back from a fabulous two night at this truly five star hotel. From check in to check out you just can't fault this property. We had a lovely room overlooking the Nile with all the luxuries. Room was spotless and housekeeping did a good job even with turndown service. I think I said it all Tops had dinner twice once at the steaks restaurant and the second night at the Cantonese, on both occasions we enjoyed it thoroughly. Had a couple of drinks at the bar and again 1st class. It's worth the extra dollar or two.

Room Tip: High floor overlooking the Nile
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bestofintentions01
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza following your stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our hotel. It was also a pleasure to read your appreciative words about our service and quality. We are proud of our employees who take extra steps to ensure that our guests' needs are met, and who provide the quality of service we promise.

cairo
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I think this hotel is the best not only in Cairo but whole Egypt. We knew by the experience that even 5 star hotel does not have any good quality of service and facilities in Egypt, but you can expect true 5 star services and facilities here in this hotel. I almost forgot what the service was by our long stay in Egypt but I could remember it thanks to Four seasons. We had many happy surprise which made our day really special.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank kcn210
NilePlaza, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback! We are delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our hotel. We are proud of our employees who take extra steps to ensure that our guests' needs are met, and who provide the quality of service we promise.