Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza
Good 3.5/5
$88
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
Windsor Hotel Cairo(Cairo)(Great Value!)
$34
$33
Travelocity
1,206 results
All reviewsflower arrangementslobby loungegarden citylarge balconyroom serviceitalian restaurantconcierge deskan oasisspacious roombeautiful hotelbreakfast buffet isi highly recommend this hotelluxury hotelegyptian museumtahrir squarezitouninile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The lobby is stunning, the rooms are nice but for the most part I got service I'd expect from a prison guard while sitting on death row.
I went out to the pool and was greeted by the lifeguard with "are you staying at the hotel?" When I said yes he demanded (not asked, but demanded) I show him my room key. I did but it didn't matter 2-3 mins later security was poolside.
I went down to the reception to complain, waited 10 mins for the hotel manager to come to the desk (understandable it's a big hotel and I'm sure there were more pressing issues) but then I was told it was probably because I "don't look like a guest". What the heck does that mean? I'm suppose to shave every day when I'm on vacation? I'm only to wear my Gucci swim suit to the pool?
I have allergies to food and asked what food hate nuts in it, the waiter thought that was funny. I asked if I could speak to someone that worked in the kitchen as they may think the question was more important. The manager of the restaurant (the buffet) came over and I explained to him that my allergy was very serious and that eating a nut could potentially kill me. He told me I was "talking ridiculous". Finally he brought out one of the cooks from the kitchen and pointed at each dish and asked if there was nuts in the dish. The cook couldn't even say No, he just tutted through his teeth.
I understand the security at the front door, but I got the shake down each and every time I walked into the hotel. Other's just walked through the metal detector. Even when they set it off they were allowed to go in without a second thought.
I wouldn't go back if it were the last hotel in Cairo, until 90% of the staff has been changed. There were some very nice people that worked there and unfortunately when I was getting grief from other staff, they would look at me as if to say "I'm so sorry you are being treated like this" ... I don't blame them I'm sure they were concerned about having a job in the morning if they said something.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank JymMorton
NilePlaza, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel Four Seasons Cairo at Nile Plaza. We are concerned to learn of your experience during your stay with us. Needles to say, what occurred does not adhere with our service and standards and we regret that you left the hotel with a negative impression.

Please rest assured that our constant aim is to provide only the highest level of care and attention to our guests and the fact that you feel that you have been mistreated by our staff, is of great concern.

We would like to kindly ask you for your contact details in order to be able to make a thorough investigation of what had happened and to make sure that your experience will not be a recurring one.

Mr. Morton, we hope we will have the chance to restore your confidence in us and to show you our ability to give you a first class service that Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts are renowned for. I appreciate your understanding and for bringing this important matter to our attention.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I took the Valentine's day package offered by the Hotel. And it was Amazing. We stayed in the Corner Suite which was outstanding and spacious. The Dinner and Breakfast Buffets were spectacular. I'd definitely celebrate valentine's day here every year if I can. Great service and Very Helpful Staff.

Room Tip: Corniche Suite (Corner Suites) are Amazing in upper floors.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
NilePlaza, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza.

We are delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with our level of service and the offered package.

Please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to Nile Plaza in the near future.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is simply the best. Yet, most expensive in Cairo. I have to admit that it's worth the money. Food, atmosphere, staff is amazing too. Moreover, it's central and accessible to most vital parts of town. I would definitely recommend if you can afford it.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
NilePlaza, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor following your stay at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza.

We are truly delighted to learn that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service offered, food and beverage, our staff and our location.

Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to Nile Plaza in the near future.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

My first and only experience staying at a Four Seasons Hotel.

Certainly the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at. Beautiful room, huge bathtub, smart and helpful staff. I really liked that you needed your room key to access the floor via the elevator. This kept people off our floor who did not stay on our floor, which created a nice and quiet atmosphere.

The pool area was open 24 hours and stunningly clean and peaceful.

Spending time with the wonderful and friendly Egyptian people was the highlight... staying at the Four Seasons made it all the more special. Thank you Cairo.

This hotel was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the great review on Trip Advisor. We are honored by your positive feedback about your stay at Nile Plaza. Your comments about our property, staff and safety make us proud.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon!

Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Their outlet Spice, service was excellent! Waiters and staff are attentive and very knowledgeable of the menu and the food. Other than this they are able to anticipate every diners needs from the condimenst to drinking water, thus we just had a great meal without having to ask for anything more. Definitely excellent food and service!

• Stayed: July 2012
NilePlaza, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you for the great review! We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your experience with us and that you were delighed with the level of service offered by our hotel. It was also a pleasure to read your appreciative words about our Spice staff, I will be sure to convey your kind compliments to them. We are proud of our employees who take extra steps to ensure that our guests' needs are met, and who provide the quality of service we promise.

Looking forward to welcoming you again!