“Dr & Mrs.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah

Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah
Ranked #5 of 141 Hotels in Cairo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Had lots of fun at the Hotel's Club plus its a very lovely hotel. Amazing staff from the doorman, Breakfast was fantastic! staff are willing and ready to provide answers and render assistance anytime.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah for your recent visit to Cairo.

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing with us your feedback and letting us know about your recent visit. To receive such praise from our guest is very gratifying and knowing that you enjoyed so much the facilities, view and service is a reward in itself.

Your positive feedback has been shared with the team, which will encourage them to continue their efforts in this direction.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity once again to serve you in the very near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I never felt more joy than my stay in this beautiful Hotel.The view is unbelieveble and the atmosphere made me feel in a 7 star hotel.
Lounges and bars and restaurants of all kinds.The room is awesome and the staff is very gentle.I recomend 100% this place with u wanna get the best of Cairo.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted that your stay at Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah was an enjoyable one.

Thank you for sharing your experience in Cairo and for the feedback on your recent stay with us. We are continuously striving to meet, exceed our guests’ expectations and your feedback will be very motivational to continue with our efforts.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the “Jewel of the Nile” in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

From the very beginning the service in the hotel was amazing. Upon check in I was given a wonderful glass of mango juice, which was more than welcome after 24 odd hours in transit! The staff were so polite and accommodating I really wasn't used to being offered so much assistance.
The room was lovely, very modern. Loved the bathroom. The view was just breathtaking. I think I was on about the 16th floor with a Nile facing room and after I'd settled in I realised that I could also see the pyramids too! There was also a delicious tray of baked sweets waiting for me which were delightful.

Breakfast was brilliant. Full table service, lots of food, more than I could eat myself but delicious nonetheless! You must try the traditional 'ful' dish. It's spelt 'foul' on the menu which made me dubious but my waiter insisted I try and it was fantastic.

Unfortunately I didn't get much chance to utilise other facilities in the hotel as I was sightseeing during the day and falling asleep early in the evening jetlagged. But I will next time and there definitely will be a next time.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Samantha J
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you most sincerely for sharing your thoughts of Sofitel Cairo- El Gezirah with others guests’ on the tripadvisor.

We were very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence.

Please rest assured that your detailed feedback has been very influential in the urge to improve to receive such positive comments.

Cordially;

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

From the doorman, to the front desk, to the restaurant managers/servers, and room cleaners, we received warm welcomes and great service. Beautiful and clean hotel, well located so it's private and secure. Because it's on the Nile, it's very quiet with lovely views of the city. There are three restaurants, all different and all excellent. Fresh pita bread is made daily. Breakfast was fantastic and the pastries amazing. We were especially happy with the service of Mr. Ahmed Yousaf who made us delicious juices and Egyptian breakfasts everyday. He made our stay very special! Thank you Sofitel!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view. We were on the 15th and enjoyed seeing the city.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Bonjour Valued Guest!

First of all thank you for your nice comment, the Sofitel Cairo- El Gezirah team as well as the hotel management will be looking forward to your next visit.

We were very pleased that hard work leaves good memory in our guests’ experience.

Cordially,

Meredith
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The location of this hotels wonderful! Right on the Nile. The rooms were nice, the food good. Plenty of choices. In the evening sitting out by the Nile and watching the water taxis's going back and forth with the lights and music was wonderful. The hotel was very near just about everything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah for your recent visit to Cairo.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The location was fantastic and the hotel itself with its facilities is superb. Everything from shisha on the Nile to a Casino and the world renowned Buddha Bar, all in immaculate decor. The staff at this hotel take hospitality to the extreme, everyone was delightful, friendly, and warm. On our first night we received a complimentary gourmet cake in celebration of the holidays delivered to our room. This went above and beyond the call of duty and we appreciated the gesture greatly. I would like to thank in particular, Mohammed Abd El Moneam, the Personal Butler of the Club Lounge on the 16th floor. His presence was gracious and genuine and he bent over backward to make us feel like we were royalty. Also Maria and Anik of SoSpa were fantastic. The Spa itself is simply perfect, they've considered every single detail, and Maria ensured that we enjoyed each and every aspect of it. These two are very skilled massage therapists, and that truly made the difference. I've personally not been so relaxed in a long time and my wife says this was the highlight of our stay.

Our overall stay was memorable, though we did have just a few complaints in regards to our expectations for the room. To note, the room was beautiful, comfortable and clean. However, what was written on the website was perhaps a bit of an embellishment. We stayed in the Luxury Club Room, and the website states that this room includes both Hermes amenities as well as a bath selection. We discovered that these two things are in fact one in the same, and are in actuality nothing more than the standard hotel shampoos and soaps, albeit by Hermes. This was a bit disappointing as we had envisioned "bath selection" to be something along the lines of bath salts etc. Also the website states there is a movie selection. When we inquired, we discovered that their translation of movie selection is the local television channels which play movies. Your choice therefore is between whatever is already on TV. The same went for pillow selection. We got to choose between the pillows already on the bed. A final note, in order to have spirits in our mini fridge, we were required to pay, whether we drank them or not. This was not so much an inconvenience, I simply found that logic strange. If we had taken a suite, they informed us, the mini fridges would have been stocked with spirits.

At the end of the day, despite our few initial disappointments, our stay here was fully enjoyable. We came to see the Nutcracker at the Opera House and intended to stay one night and ended up extending. We will probably return in the future, if for nothing else than the Spa.

Room Tip: If you are not staying in the suites or villas, I would suggest spending just a little extra for Clu...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

It is indeed a concern that you feel the services offered was not up to the expected fine standards; we will of course take this very seriously and rectify any unusual shortfalls that may have occurred during your stay.

Let me seize this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention, as honest opinion and constructive criticism is the only way that would enable us to improve and meet our guests expectations.

Sincerely Yours,