“Beautiful hotel.”

Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

From the very beginning the service in the hotel was amazing. Upon check in I was given a wonderful glass of mango juice, which was more than welcome after 24 odd hours in transit! The staff were so polite and accommodating I really wasn't used to being offered so much assistance.
The room was lovely, very modern. Loved the bathroom. The view was just breathtaking. I think I was on about the 16th floor with a Nile facing room and after I'd settled in I realised that I could also see the pyramids too! There was also a delicious tray of baked sweets waiting for me which were delightful.

Breakfast was brilliant. Full table service, lots of food, more than I could eat myself but delicious nonetheless! You must try the traditional 'ful' dish. It's spelt 'foul' on the menu which made me dubious but my waiter insisted I try and it was fantastic.

Unfortunately I didn't get much chance to utilise other facilities in the hotel as I was sightseeing during the day and falling asleep early in the evening jetlagged. But I will next time and there definitely will be a next time.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Samantha J
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We were very pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence.

Please rest assured that your detailed feedback has been very influential in the urge to improve to receive such positive comments.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity once again to serve you in the very near future.

Cordially;

Reviewed January 1, 2014

From the doorman, to the front desk, to the restaurant managers/servers, and room cleaners, we received warm welcomes and great service. Beautiful and clean hotel, well located so it's private and secure. Because it's on the Nile, it's very quiet with lovely views of the city. There are three restaurants, all different and all excellent. Fresh pita bread is made daily. Breakfast was fantastic and the pastries amazing. We were especially happy with the service of Mr. Ahmed Yousaf who made us delicious juices and Egyptian breakfasts everyday. He made our stay very special! Thank you Sofitel!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view. We were on the 15th and enjoyed seeing the city.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

Bonjour Valued Guest!

First of all thank you for your nice comment, the Sofitel Cairo- El Gezirah team as well as the hotel management will be looking forward to your next visit.

We were very pleased that hard work leaves good memory in our guests’ experience.

Cordially,

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The location of this hotels wonderful! Right on the Nile. The rooms were nice, the food good. Plenty of choices. In the evening sitting out by the Nile and watching the water taxis's going back and forth with the lights and music was wonderful. The hotel was very near just about everything.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah for your recent visit to Cairo.

I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing with us your feedback and letting us know about your recent visit. To receive such praise from our guest is very gratifying and knowing that you enjoyed so much the facilities, view and service is a reward in itself.

Your positive feedback has been shared with the team, which will encourage them to continue their efforts in this direction.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The location was fantastic and the hotel itself with its facilities is superb. Everything from shisha on the Nile to a Casino and the world renowned Buddha Bar, all in immaculate decor. The staff at this hotel take hospitality to the extreme, everyone was delightful, friendly, and warm. On our first night we received a complimentary gourmet cake in celebration of the holidays delivered to our room. This went above and beyond the call of duty and we appreciated the gesture greatly. I would like to thank in particular, Mohammed Abd El Moneam, the Personal Butler of the Club Lounge on the 16th floor. His presence was gracious and genuine and he bent over backward to make us feel like we were royalty. Also Maria and Anik of SoSpa were fantastic. The Spa itself is simply perfect, they've considered every single detail, and Maria ensured that we enjoyed each and every aspect of it. These two are very skilled massage therapists, and that truly made the difference. I've personally not been so relaxed in a long time and my wife says this was the highlight of our stay.

Our overall stay was memorable, though we did have just a few complaints in regards to our expectations for the room. To note, the room was beautiful, comfortable and clean. However, what was written on the website was perhaps a bit of an embellishment. We stayed in the Luxury Club Room, and the website states that this room includes both Hermes amenities as well as a bath selection. We discovered that these two things are in fact one in the same, and are in actuality nothing more than the standard hotel shampoos and soaps, albeit by Hermes. This was a bit disappointing as we had envisioned "bath selection" to be something along the lines of bath salts etc. Also the website states there is a movie selection. When we inquired, we discovered that their translation of movie selection is the local television channels which play movies. Your choice therefore is between whatever is already on TV. The same went for pillow selection. We got to choose between the pillows already on the bed. A final note, in order to have spirits in our mini fridge, we were required to pay, whether we drank them or not. This was not so much an inconvenience, I simply found that logic strange. If we had taken a suite, they informed us, the mini fridges would have been stocked with spirits.

At the end of the day, despite our few initial disappointments, our stay here was fully enjoyable. We came to see the Nutcracker at the Opera House and intended to stay one night and ended up extending. We will probably return in the future, if for nothing else than the Spa.

Room Tip: If you are not staying in the suites or villas, I would suggest spending just a little extra for Clu...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

It is indeed a concern that you feel the services offered was not up to the expected fine standards; we will of course take this very seriously and rectify any unusual shortfalls that may have occurred during your stay.

Let me seize this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention, as honest opinion and constructive criticism is the only way that would enable us to improve and meet our guests expectations.

Sincerely Yours,

Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is the first time i stayed in Sofitel Gezirah, Cairo is a excellent hotel with good location right on the zamalek island on nile river. Rooms are incredibly comfortable with gorgeous views over the Nile ,downtown Cairo and pyramids. .Easy walk to all, and also easy to get cabs. Hotel staff is polite, friendly and check-in and check-out were quick and smooth .Food in the restaurants is good but not great i should say. The world famous Buddha bar ,Moroccan restaurant and casio are good.The spa is a bit disappointing and not value for money even with their discount offer. I will definitely return to stay at Sofitel Gezirah in the near future and highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms with pyramid and nile river view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you most sincerely for sharing your thoughts of Sofitel Cairo- El Gezirah with others guests’ on the tripadvisor, your feedback will be influential in improving guests’ experience.

It was our pleasure having the chance to have you with us. I am extremely sorry that your Spa experience did not meet your expectations for this stay, please accept my sincerest apologist.

Please rest assured that the So Spa Manager will personally take care of this issue and use it as an example during counseling and training sessions.

Once again my most sincere apologies.

Sincerely Yours,

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I just travelled to Cairo in the beginning of December and I stayed at the Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah and I will say that I had an amazing time and at no point did I ever feel in danger. Shame on the news for the bad image of Egypt. This hotel is remarkable, I had room 2621 , it overlooked the nile and was simply stunning, you can even see the pyramids on a clear day. During my trip I visited many places all over Egypt and will be reviewing them independently. The service at this hotel was excellent, the free WiFi was a total plus, rooms also have wired Ethernet. they have a killer bar / club called the "Buddah Bar" . the breakfast buffet near the river is one more "Wow" factor, the saddest part was seeing a 5 star hotel that was ready for hundreds of people yet had much much less. This hotel is located on Zamalek Island which is very upper class, simply look at the cars parked in the street. Staff was always courteous and right there when I needed them, my room was always cleaned well. Irons, hot water kettle, coffee, are all standard room equipment. The room was high enough off the river so that I could not hear the party boats with the door closed. Do yourself and visit Egypt while there are no crowds, this is the best time :) I will gladly answer any questions if you have them. I do recommend going out with a local or a guide in the streets not because of violence, but crossing the street is like playing frogger ;-)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank James M
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you most sincerely for sharing your thoughts of Sofitel Cairo- El Gezirah with others guests’ on the tripadvisor. Your feedback will be influential in improving your experience on your next stay.

We are glad to hear you fully enjoyed the experience and Cairo. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence.

Cordially;

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We have spend 3 wonderful days in an executive room in the 17th floor. Mr. Mahmut, Mr. Ayman and Mr. Reda have taken care of all our belongings and wishes in the executive lounge. The SPA and wellness area was amazing, very clean and luxury as everything here.
Beside that gorgeous Nile view and wonderful start of the day with a rich breakfast buffet and very polite and attentive service we have enjoyed to spend our time very much on that calm island in the Nile. Such a relaxing stay! Next time Cairo will be for sure in Sofitel Gezira again! I highly recommend it to everyone who really want to relax and to be in the same time in the center of Cairo for traveling but also for business.

The staff is very keen and polite. See you soon again :)

Room Tip: 1721 a perfect room!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Sofitel_Quality, Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

It was our pleasure having the chance to have you with us.

We are glad to hear you fully enjoyed your experience at the hotel. It is always a great pleasure to receive such compliments, as it truly serves as a motivational factor in striving to achieve excellence.

We all look forward to be of service to you once again at Sofitel Cairo-El Gezirah.

Sincerely yours,