“A truly excelent hotel loved every minute real great service”
Review of Conrad Cairo

Conrad Cairo
Ranked #10 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Had a great time at the hotel the staff are excelent and even had a drink from the manager real great place to stay
Think all the room with views to the Nile was great the Cairo museum not to far away and we organised a trip the the Pyramids
We had dinner in the OAK steak house restaurant with a few drinks in the next door bar
The breakfast buffet was excelent and loads to choose from

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alan D
Ayman A, Manager at Conrad Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you so much for the great comments you posted on Tripadvisor, we will share your praise with our colleagues and sure this will make them more than happy. We are proud of our colleagues at the Conrad Cairo; they sure present all possible efforts to satisfy our guests and that what makes the difference. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Just came back from a 5 night stay and very impressed. As Gold was upgraded to a Nile View Suite. Pre check in email let me select which toiletries I would like (Chose Shanghaitang). Breakfast buffet was good. Asian and Grill both excellent. Hotel Bar was nice and well located to get to a vast variety of restaurants and bars. All staff very friendly and professional.

Praise must go to Ahmed in Housekeeping and the two Thai ladies in Kamala who excelled. Great Thai Chef also who prepared one of my favorite dishes.

Room Tip: The Indonesian Beef in Black Pepper sauce is excellent in Kamala
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SomchaiBKK

Thank you very much for the nice comments you posted on Tripadvisor, we are very delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We always monitor our guest comments and feedbacks to work on improving our services and hospitality standards. So, every time you visit us you will find it is better than the previous stay. We will share your praise with our colleagues and sure this will make them very happy. Hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stay there was perfect and all people makes you feel like home.Every were you can feel the Hospitality and all people smile and realy after hard day they can make diffrent with there high experiance. and the fantastic rever nile view I hope to repeate this stay near.

Room Tip: Higher floors with a nile view and Executive floors access .
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank BabaElglad

Thank you very much for the nice comments you posted on Tripadvisor, we are very delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I just returned from an amazing experience at the Conrad Cairo. I stayed there for 10 days and I had Ehad and Reda as my housekeeping staff and they were absolutely fantastic. They anticipated all of my needs, my room was impeccable, they were very attentive and very, very helpful. They took customer service to a whole new level. I was very impressed. I am a professor of marketing and I teach customer service across the globe and I can tell you I will be using this as an example of delighted service. Also every morning in the restaurant they knew how I wanted my tea, and brought it there for me as soon as I sat down, then they asked me if I wanted my usual orange juice as well. Amazing attention to detail. Really enjoyed the trip. Also its somewhat away from Tahir Square so if there is any issue at the square it will not affect your trip. I had some other friends who had to transfer to our hotel because they were staying close to Tahir Square and had problems accessing their hotel every night after we finished our meetings. FInally, they were fantastic at checkout.

Great overall experience. I will highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Cairo.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Nile
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sacha J

Thank you so much for the great comments you posted on Tripadvisor, we will share your praise with our colleagues and sure this will make them more than happy. We are proud of our colleagues at the Conrad Cairo; they sure present all possible efforts to satisfy our guests and that what makes the difference. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future, Please allow us the pleasure of serving you again.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying in Conrad Cairo and Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah. Comparison as follows:
Club benefits: All club benefits as a Hilton Honors Platinum Member including room upgrade honored. Complimentary fruits provided. Sofitel El Gezirah wins in comparison with a plantation of complimentary grapes, fruits, pastries that are exquisitely placed in a treasure box
Rooms: Room has high ceiling which is a plus. Styling is dated and toilet needs refurbishment, Lighting is not sufficient in comparison with Sofitel El Gezirah. From memory, the in-room TV is still of the CRT variety, perhaps the last in Conrads across the globe.
Value: The cheapest Conrad I have every stayed in at <USD$150 and this is during the festive seasons. The cheap price is reflected however by the dated ambience in the lobby, casino or the room. The hotel needs a good refurbishment to be worthy of the Conrad reputation.
Service: Good considering that there was not a lot guest around during my stay. At the club lounge, the staff and patrons ratio was probably 1 to 1.
Food: In general of much lower quality than the Sofitel El Gezirah. Jayda Lounge for example does not serve stale meat but the meat is by no means the freshest on Earth. Also, the table appears to be dusty mainly because it's next besides the main road. Club lounge serves just about 4 or 5 type of food during happy hour. I guess it's because hotel occupancy rate is low and there's just not enough guest to be worth the effort.

Considering the price, Conrad Cairo is decent. There's nothing wrong with it or much to whinge about if one is not pedantic. However, Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah which is similarly priced is the superior choice with 10% better service, 20% better room, 50% better ambience and 100% better food.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Raymond T

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor, it is with guest’s feedback that we are able to monitor and improve our services. Concerning the hotel status, please note that Conrad Cairo is going for the second stage of the full hotel renovation including the guest rooms, lobby & meeting rooms. This will start in 2013, quarter 4, as we successfully finished the first stage of renovating all our restaurants. Whereby, we are having great varieties of different cuisines, with very good food quality and a great top Lounge Bar, “Stage One” that is considered to be number “1” in Cairo at the moment.
We hope you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future to enjoy our hotel after the renovation.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I had the distinct pleasure of staying at the Conrad Cairo for 4 days in late January 2013, in the midst of media-reported unrest in Egypt. While I admit to having a bit of trepidation to a rather long 'layover' in Cairo en route from Jeddah to the US, I can report that the experience at the Conrad (and Cairo, overall) was excellent. My accommodation, a king room on the 18th floor, was large and very well equipped with everything one would expect in a 5-star property (in room safe, plentiful toiletries, pillow mattress, mega-channel TV, etc.). In the evening, I tended to stay in the hotel for dinner after a day of sightseeing - I can report that the Asian restaurant at the Conrad was excellent in terms of service and quality. I can say the same of the more 'casual' offering at the cafe in the lobby area. The Conrad is located just a bit north of Tahrir Square on the Nile Corniche (10-15 blocks) so there's a sense of quietness and exclusivity to the place. Would I stay at this property again (I am quite demanding!) or recommend it to others? Absolutely. The Conrad met my expectations in every respect. I don't often do a 5* rating but my experience at the Conrad Cairo really does justify such.

Room Tip: I would recommend asking for a room with a Nile view. Mine had a super view toward the north along t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Philip AllN C

Thank you indeed for your nice comments on Tripadvisor and for your time posting them, we are very happy you have enjoyed your stay with us and we are honored that you have given us the 5* rating and will, for sure, share your praise with our colleagues at the hotel. Waiting for you and for your friends to visit us again, soon we hope.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Good hotel. The hotel room is spacious and the prosperity is in good condition. All staff are helpful and generous as well. I recommend the hotel for the traveller from outside Egypt and from Egypt itself just to feel the quality of service and the hotel great view. Thanks to all front desk and concierge team for their great help.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family