“peaceful retreat”

Ranked #11 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
silicon valley
“peaceful retreat”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a great place to get out of this chaotic city. It is located along the nile and close to the action without being in the center of it. The hotel takes adequate safety precautions. The service is exceptional and personable. The rooms are above basic with quality linens. The resteraunt is comfortable and quality food.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank travel4fun111
Ayman A, Manager at Conrad Cairo, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feed back on Tripadvisor, we were very delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the chance to serve you again in the future.
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Upon arrival we were asked for our credit card in order to make a voucher just in case we forget to pay something when we check out, but when we showed or Hilton Rewards card everything changed, we got upgraded to a much better room wich included open bar, buffet meals, fresh fruit and water delivered to our room twice a day, they even had a pillow "menu".. bath robes, slippers and a few more things.... definately going to show my card next time I stop by that hotel :D

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Ayman A, Manager at Conrad Cairo, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you very much for the nice comments you posted on Tripadvisor, we are very delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I like this hotel because it is very neer to my house in Dokki. I found this hotel as similar as my home. This time they kindely upgrade my stay and gave me a sweet looking immidiately to River Nile. as I am Gold, I enjoied the exeutive Lounge with evrything you can immagen. The cleaneness, the food, the swimming pool, the staff dealing with guists, and the aminities are all perfect.

Room Tip: All rooms are veing the River Nile
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I spent 3 nights at The Conrad during a recent tour of Egypt. I was initially surprised to find a Casino in the basement, but for those who enjoy gambling, it would be a perk. My room was comfortable and large with a balcony looking out at The Nile. The staff was attentive and available. I did get room service one night for dinner and can definitely recommend the stuffed pigeon.

• Stayed November 2012
Ayman A, Manager at Conrad Cairo, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
We are very happy knowing that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed November 8, 2012

rooms are spacious and very clean, bathroom is great with all needed facilities. Large balacony looking over the nile. But if you sleep early loud music from around the pool is a bit disturbing. The hotel over all is great. If you like black jack there is a casino in the hotel and good resturant. The location is also great close to everything but not in the middle of the busy area

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mackay, Australia
Reviewed November 4, 2012

It continues to surprise me how many 5 star hotels continue to charge often exorbitant rates for internet access when so many B&Bs, 2 and 3 star hotels offer this srevice for free. Internet access is becomming common place and If they are interested in revenue raising perhaps they should consider installing pay toilet paper dispensers.
Overnighted in Cairo on the way to Aswan for a Nile cruise. Hotel conveniently situated on the nile. Large comfortable and clen rooms. Friendly and attentive staff, although check in was delayed as our booking could not be found. Not a hotel problem but name misspelt by booking agent (Midland "mediocre service" Tours). Provided with a breakfast box because of an early flight although this did not match the quality of that served in the restruant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ayman A, Manager at Conrad Cairo, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor, it is with guest’s feedback that we are able to monitor and improve our services. On the other side, and concerning the internet issue, we would like to share with you that the internet service at our hotel is provided through a third party, which makes it chargeable. The bigger the hotel, the more complicated the internet issue is, where it needs a specialized company to provide and handle. We are very happy you enjoyed our rooms and services and we hope to see you again.
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I had a very short stay, on the eve of Al-Adha feast.

I've been to the hotel plenty of times before to dine. This was the first time I stay in.

My rating is not a perfect score due to a minor incident with the front desk, thus won;t be commenting on checking in and checking out.

When I arrived, the valet took my car , and the bellman took my luggage.
Both gentlemen had lovely manners and were pro indeed!

The room was amazing, it looked like a picture taken out from a fancy old movie. I hated the view though as it was side city and partial nile view. But, it didn't matter as my stay wasn't long.

The bed was comfortable, and amazing.
The bathroom was elegant!! believe it or not. The bath tub was huge and lovely.

I saw a great welcome by the hotel Manager, picture attached. Beautifully chosen font to write the card in, it was so elegant and sophisticated touch, with a pretty looking desert platter and fresh fine fruits.
It made me overcome the front desk incidents. Such minor details definitely make a guest truly valued.

I left the hotel and came back with some bags. Again, the same bellmen ( wish I could recall his name ) immediately spot me and took my bags and escorted me to my room. When I got in, he placed by bags and hung my suit in the wardrobe!
I just couldn't believe he did so, and I honestly was like " WOW ", this definitely makes you feel home.

I had dinner at the main restaurant , it was delicious ... I honestly loved the taste and the presentation of the food. Hats off to the chef.

The Hotel went under MAJOR renovations a year ago or so. Every bit became PRETTIER and classier. I liked the new decor of the restaurants ... pretty elegant.

The Lobby is so peaceful and nice. I always like the atmosphere there ...

Something I noted on the Valet, Bellman, waiters ... they were exceptionally polite and spoke in a lovely professional and respectable manner. Not the kind of language you'd hear normally in the streets or at other hotels. A Job well done, as it definitely made a huge difference. In other places they tend to over do it to get tipped to an extent that irritates, both those were real gentlemen who perfected their jobs.

In a summary:
The hotel brought me back to the fine ERA of Cairo, where LUXURY had a meaning, and staying in a hotel meant nothing but to be PAMPERED.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Muhammad A
Ayman A, Manager at Conrad Cairo, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for the great comments you posted on Tripadvisor, we will share your praise with our colleagues and sure this will make them more than happy. We are proud of our colleagues at the Conrad Cairo; they sure present all possible efforts to satisfy our guests and that what makes the difference. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.