“Great stay at the Conrad in Cairo!”
Review of Conrad Cairo

Conrad Cairo
Ranked #10 of 144 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great property and solid service from reservation to passing through immigration at departure! Used the Meet and Assist service and Wael, the gentlemen who helped me, was fantastic. Got me through and into the limo in minutes! Needed a car hire service and the hotel's service was excellent and affordable. My driver, Sherif, did a wonderful job getting me through the afternoon Cairo traffic. Used the shisha bar and the shisha was great, although the Wi-Fi signal could be stronger in the smoking area. Room service dinner was outstanding as well! I want to also recognize Alla from Guest Services and Mahmoud from the Concierge for their outstanding service. I will be back without question!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank 668Kevin
KevinMBrett, General Manager at Conrad Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments and for your time posting them on Tripadvisor. We had the pleasure and honour of serving you as well. We look forward to hosting you again at the Conrad.
Best Regards
Kevin Brett

Write a ReviewReviews (1,744)

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I've stayed at the Conrad a number of times only ever for work. The rooms are comfortable and spacious, the breakfast is ok, nothing special, nothing awul. As with most Egyptian hotels, alcohol is extremely expensive, butis served. The Hotel itself has nice views from the front rooms over the nile, the rear views are somewhat questionable, and on the higher floors this just wasn't for me.

There is a disco in the basement which does get quite noisy, but on the middle floors you can't hear anything.

Cairo itself is horrendous for traffic, so being quite central in this hotel does have its benefits, but as this was for business only I cannot comment on the suitability for sight seeing etc.

Room Tip: Middle floors with nile view.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
KevinMBrett, General Manager at Conrad Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing the Conrad for your stays in Cairo, we honor you as our loyal customer and enjoy serving you. Looking forward to hosting you again for future stays.
Best Regards

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This review was for Sept 2010
I was here as part of an organized tour group trip. Check-in was seamless, rooms were very comfortable, location was very central, and the views of the city and the Nile river was spectacular. The staff was very friendly and the concierge was very helpful in advising us of appropriate taxi rates (so we wouldn't get ripped off) and good local restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank texasjr
KevinMBrett, General Manager at Conrad Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive comments on Tripadvisor. We had the pleasure serving you as well and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed at the Conrad Cairo for two nights (checked out yesterday). A colleague of mine (we were on a business trip) spent seven nights there. How refreshing to stay in a hotel where I would have great difficult in faulting the service. I paid for both rooms. I am an honours Gold card holder and both my colleague and I were upgraded on this basis and given executive lounge access. With many chains, I have had to request an upgrade. All my advance requests were perfectly dealt with and all requests during my stay were dealt with in minutes. The breakfasts were excellent. All staff I dealt with were superb and had a definite pride in working for the hotel. Whilst the location might not meet everyone's needs and the room furnishings might need updating, with service that rivals or exceeds the likes of Mandarin Oriental (Hong Kong) or several Four Seasons properties I have stayed at and a very reasonable room rate, I would recommend the hotel to anyone. The genuine warmth of the staff makes all the difference.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Robert B

Thank you so much for your positive feed back and for your time posting it in Tripadvisor. We will share your praise with our colleagues at the hotel and I am sure this will make their day. We look forward to seeing you again and have the pleasure of serving you.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel and the staff are very accommodating. We arrived at about 2 am with our luggage lost and they sent up a couple of emergency packs and we were still able to get a bottle of wine, which we seriously needed by that point. Note: the women's pack had nail polish remover. Like I just travelled 18 hours, lost my luggage, and the first thing I need to do is my nails? The room was really nicely appointed with a great view of the Nile. The lobby is amazing. Food was good - just don't expect any bacon, or pork of any kind here. It was a little weird gettting used to going through the entrance/exit areas with scanners and armed guards, but given this part of the world, a necessary precaution, and the guards were really pleasant, as well as professional, all the time. The only thing we didn't like was that it was so far removed from anything. There was a mall nearby, but otherwise you had to cab it everywhere. Still, a really lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank janett1957

Thank you so much for your comments on Tripadvisor, and for your time posting them. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

The Conrad Cairo bills itself as "the luxury brand from Hilton", but it delivers a 3-star standard, rather than "luxury". Compared to others hotels in Cairo, it falls short.

The service is quite good, people are pleasant and attentive; the problem is the physical infrastructure and the price-to-quality ratio.

The building is showing signs of its age. Nothing dramatic, but the carpeting could use a make-over and the whole building could be renewed.

I had trouble sleeping every night during the seven nights I was there: I could hear people in the next room as if they were inside my own room... Perhaps the sound came through the air-conditioning vents, the fact is that people chatting loudly in the next room kept me awake every night. The curtains are not wide enough to cover the balcony doors: there is a lot of light coming in on both sides of the curtains, plus in the middle, where the two curtain sections join: they have been poorly designed (they should overlap in the middle) and be wider. The Four Seasons Cairo does this well, so why can't the Conrad do the same?

The bed was soft, but a bit too soft: it didn't provide enough support for my back, sinking too low in the middle. For a 5-star hotel this is below the acceptable.

The three restaurants are not bad, but overpriced considering that the quality is not that good. So you get 4-star quality but you pay 5-star prices. Bad combination. There are better options in Cairo.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank FernandoLanzer

Thank you so much for your comments on Tripadvisor, they have all been noted and considered. Please allow us to share with you that the hotel is going under a full renovation starting 2013, so all the comments you mentioned will be taken care of. Hope to see you again after the renovation to give us your appreciated feed back.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Im not sure if its due to the lack of tourism in Cariro but this hotel was not stellar.

1. There is a club in the hotel; however you must make a reservation prior to arriving at the club, if you try to just show up you will be stopped at the door by the bouncers.
2. The breakfast is terrible, on 3 seprate occasions I ordered an omlette only to find hair in my food.
3. The hotel staff are friendly which some of you might enjoy but its with a catch, they try to do basic choirs for you so they can get an additional tip like knock on your door in the evening so they can open your blinds
4. The pool does not receive proper sun due to nearby buildings so you wont be able to work on your tan.
5. The rooms on the executive floor are nice and spacious.
6. The dinner in the hotel is great no problems there order the Lamb you will love it.
7. The hotel is along the nile which is great because if you get into a taxi you have an idea of where you are at in relation to the land mark that you see along the nile.
8. If your a runner dont get to excited about outdoor running, the side walk along the nile is somewhat nonexistent and you dont want to try runnining in the street.
9. There are lots of men in the hotel especailly by the pool so if your a single male looking for a hotel to meet women this is not some place you want to go.

Room Tip: Get a room at the en of the hall 1837 its the largest room on the floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank AJetsonFromHarlem
KevinMBrett, General Manager at Conrad Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback on Tripadvisor and for your time posting them. Please rest assured that your comments about the hotel services have been noted and will be discussed with all concerned to address these issues and ensure they are in a better way. We look forward to seeing you again until then please accept our sincere regards.