“Comfortable with legacy”

Ranked #39 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Khartoum, Sudan
“Comfortable with legacy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

I had the opportunity to stay for four days at Pyramisa Hotel in Dokki Cairo, it will be nice memory for my first visit to Cairo, the Hotel has the character of luxurious old hotel, but it is well preserved & maintained, the staff are very helpful, the view is amazing facing the Nile, Cairo tower, plus the famous Cairo TV building. Every evening the talented Singer and Oud player accompanied by his talented TAR player add romantic touch to the hotel romantic coffee shop at the ground floor. Food quality is perfect, as well as the amount. also prices are a bit high compare to the local restaurants and shops around the corner. The Hotel is well located, close to Dokki police station & Sheraton Hotel

Room Tip: Rooms in the higher floors are more quite and had better view over the City, but WiFi is a bit limit...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AshrafElsharif

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

International destination trip always have a better experience if the stay is good.
Same was the case with me when i stayed in Pyramisa Hotel while my trip in Egypt.
Besides Pyramids, Pyramisa made my stay feel like i was having an hoilday eventhough i was on a business tour.

Room Tip: Select a Apartment if your stay for more than 2 weeks. Its spacious and with amazing view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Ankit S
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Let's not even mention the five stars. By regular standards this hotel is a complete mess. I encountered a range of hilariously bad issues:
- 'No more keys' available upon arrival at the hotel, I kid you not the manager had to accompany me to my room every time I wanted to enter.
- I was shown to (and refused) three different rooms in various stages of disarray/dirtiness before accepting management's upgrade to a large suite. This was at 1am after a long flight.
- During my run on the treadmill in the gym, it suddenly broke and I came off in comical fashion.
- The AC in my room was so loud I had a dream about being in the engine room of an Arabian freighter.
- I waited (actually am waiting now as I write this) for over 40 mins for a room service menu to be brought to my room. Looks like I'll be going to bed hungry.

Not so good. However, also pretty cheap. In its favour, the staff are friendly and mostly trying to make the best of a bad situation, the gym is surprisingly decent (death treadmill excluded), free internet worked pretty well in my room, and the location is nice and central.

Moral of the story: don't expect international standards when you're paying $80/night in Cairo. If you want real 5 star in Cairo expect to pay $250/night plus.

Room Tip: Good luck my friends.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Joe F

Travelers are raving about these Cairo hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

For the moment it is not a 5 stars hotel because rooms are a bit old. Passing judgement on a hotel in Egypt in a time of crisis is tricky. Congratulate them for maintaining standards, when there are fewer visitors!
Although we were safer in Egypt than in our country, mass media continues to support many untruths. There is not the slightest problem for tourists. Cairo is a city welcoming and modern. Egyptian people is unique hospitality. Both day and night, we were very secure.
Prices are very attractive and elegant shops are numerous, exciting historical sites, modern and ancient, old Nile, museums, spectacular flowers, felucca rides or Tanoura dance ... a week is so little to Cairo!
Pyramisa is really a good 4 stars hotel. We enjoyed staying there for a week... centrally located (Dokki is a very nice area, close to some good attractions , pubs, cafes ... don't need a car for going out, unless you want to see historical places), a short 5 min walk to the Metro, which is very easy to use to get to most tourist attractions. There's a McDonalds and Pizza Hut in the square next door, plenty of restaurants in the neighborhood and Vodaphone, or Mobinil shops nearby so you can buy a local SIM card (and 3G). The rooms were clean (upgrade for free to a suite!), comfortables and spacious, room service was quick, good free internet in all the hotel, excellent breakfast ( fantastic choise for food, deserve 5 stars indeed), staff are friendly, polite and helpful, good security, there are shops (pharmacy, souvenir shops, bakery, etc.) and most importantly, banks where you can exchange money at very good rates! Also the taxis lined outside the hotel were very convenient. Check out is convenient and fast. Considering the condition of other so-called luxury hotels (Hilton, Sofitel and etc.), this hotel definitely tops the most of those, incl. the reasonable price! This is a place to be – it feels like home.
Front desk staff is very professional, - helpful and most willing to help in any way, with a constant smile, and were very quick to respond. Especially Mr. Mahmud Tawfik, whose love for Egypt impresses!
His knowledge regarding Cairo, his exceptional intelligence, warm and welcoming nature, make him the best friend for the tourist who wants to discover real Cairo. He is really very good image to the hotel....
Special thanks to the business lounge service team!
Do not forget to spend a few hours at Hassan's Cafe, near KFC in Tahrir Square. Wonderful Turkish coffee, tea, shisha and authentic atmosphere of Egyptian hospitality!

Room Tip: upgrade for a suite!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank gabi m
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

I was in Cairo about two weeks ago - I actually stayed 2 nights in Safir Hotel and only 1 night in Pyramisa. Never been before to either hotels (I used to stay at Novotel but got don't really like it) but I would have switched the number of nights. Yes - I like Safir but I like Pyramisa more. It's the little things that won me over (which maybe not important to others): They have 2 entrances- I prefer the smaller one fronting Giza street - to avoid the taxi drivers waiting outside who sometimes shout at you every time you step out (especially in Safir Hotel). I also much prefer the breakfast here (they even have egg and pancake stations!) plus the breakfast staff seems much nicer and attentive, Also, what closes the deal for me - they have free unlimited Wifi in the room and elsewhere! Most hotels in Cairo charges you extra by the hour,

Downsides- they are about 15 minutes walk to Dokki metro (5 min more than Safir, which is closer) but I love walking anyway. Aesthetically, Safir overall looks nicer, the room better lookig but Pyramisa is not bad at all - I think it was because it's an older hotel.

Bottomline- Next time I visit Egypt- I defiinitely will be staying here in Pyramisa again,

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Hermes_77777
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

We visited Cairo and stayed at this '5 star' hotel with my parents, brother, my husband and kids. We were warned by our travel agent that the five star hotels in Egypt aren't necessarily the same as in other countries! I shared this info with my family, and even then we were a little taken aback. Decor in the room is dated and the main bathroom consisted of a broken tub and tiles. The ensuite in another room had a broken toilet seat. The carpets looked old and dirty, however the staff were very helpful and enthusiastic. We were booked in to stay in two different rooms on different floors, but the check in staff was very kind and gave us a free upgrade to a family suite, which would have cost a lot more, so my kids had space to run around and we could all relax together in the living room. The buffet breakfast was inclusive and had a good variety of Egyptian and western foods including hot and cold items. We had their buffet dinner on the day we arrived as we were too tired to go out, the food was very nice (or we were just very hungry!) and service was good (probably because we were the only ones there??) everyone spoke english including the cleaning staff whom we had to call upon a fair few times during our stay. We were there just prior to Christmas and they organised a party for all guests in the hotel, we were out all day and missed their calls for the dinner party, and since we had already eaten, we just dropped in to see. It was free on the hotel and a really lovely gesture with great food and entertainment.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank BusyLondoner00
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Hotel is good and some rooms have Nile river view. Staff is friendly and speaks decent english, which is a problem in Egypt. Location is also not bad. Make sure you stay in the new wing and not the old one. The new wing has much better rooms. Rooms are very spacious too in the new wing.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the new wing and not the old one.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Ashdeep12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cairo
Novotel Cairo El Borg
Baron Hotel Heliopolis Cairo
City View Hotel
City View Hotel
#22 of 138 in Cairo

Been to Pyramisa Suites Hotel Cairo? Share your experiences!