“With a view like this, nothing else matters”

and 1 more site!
Delta Pyramids Hotel
Ranked #109 of 141 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed November 11, 2009

I was a bit worried reading all the negative reviews of this hotel before I went. But I went anyway, because, come on - how much more view can you ask for? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon?

I looooooved this place. For the price I was not expecting luxury, and I didn't get it. So what. Not why I was there. I was there for the view and that is one of the great views ever - from both the terrace (which I loved) and the room. I got everything I hoped for, and more. I would stay here again in a minute.

Not the cleanest hotel, but I wouldn't consider it "dirty" by any means. I come from a hostel/backpacking background, so I wasn't looking for marble sinks and so on. Service was okay to excellent. Breakfast was fine. Street noise - sure, but I liked it - good energy, lots going on.

No complaints whatsoever. And that view - unbelievable.

Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 5, 2009

The hotel markets itself as a 4 star, but I paid approx the price of a decent hostel (in Europe) so I wasn't expecting it to be a real 4 star. I'd say by western standards its a 2 star (being generous).

All the rooms face the very busy road, so if you are a light sleeper forget it, and the traffic noise keeps going all night. The food at the roof top terrace was ok - don't bother with the pool - and it is good to sit there and see the pyramids (through the smog) so close up (no alcohol served though).

The staff could either be seen as friendly and helpful (for someone on a last minute trip like me who had made no plans) or very pushy - they came to talk to me at breakfast or called my room to ask if I wanted to take their hotel tours.

Overall, my experience was ok - I only booked a few days beforehand and was on a stopover in Cairo for 3 days on my own so I wasn't looking for anything special (and I paid next to nothing). However I wouldn't go back, and probably wouldn't recommend to a friend.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed August 19, 2009

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Myself and my boyfriend travelled to Egypt to stay in a five star platinum hotel in Sharm el Sheikh which was stunning and completely luxurious. However, being in Egypt we booked an excursion to see the sights in Cairo and Luxor with Sharm Excursions (dont book anything with these fools! I will be writing a review to outline the poor service we received!!!

We were told in our itinerary that we would be staying overnight in Luxor. So after spending a full day in Cairo we were then shocked to discover we were staying in Cairo itself.

We were in what can only be described as a slum! Cairo is a stinking, dirty hole of a city that i wont be returning to. The pyramids are amazing so if u want to see them you have to go there.

We were booked into the delta pyramids and taken there. We did not know anything about it and i feel it only right i warn people of what is in store for them.

First impressions were just that it was a bit shabby and needed updating and modernising. It appeared clean enough and as we were only staying for a few hours we werent overly bothered that it wasnt the Ritz. We had a fabulous view of he pyramids but this did not make up for what we had in store....

We decided to look for a restaurant or somewhere we could eat. We were advised by reception that they had a rooftop terrace but we decided to venture outside. We walked 10 metres up the road and were pounced on. I felt scared and intimidated so we turned round and decided the rooftop terrace was safer.

We had to take a lift to get to rooftop terrace on 9th floor. The lift got stuck between the 5th and 6th floor. Luckily there was an egyptian boy in the lift with us who rang a friend and pressed the alarm bell. We were let out within a few minutes and had to climb down in order to get out of the lift. Not the best experience but we kinda guessed this wasnt the first time for this to happen.

The food itself was ok but we were surrounded by flys given the heat there and it was quite annoying. Was a bit of a culture shock after not seeing any flys around our hotel in the first week in Egypt.

After food we showered ready for an early night as being picked up for Luxor flight at 04.30am. The shower was just a trickle from the wall. It didnt work properly and was cold. The bathroom was fairly clean but after the shower we started to spot different bugs around the room. It seemed they were coming from a gap in the skirting board. We killed a fair few and i was bitten so many times im sure a few will scar. I was eaten alive literally!!
My boyfriend informed me a few days later that there were cockroaches behond the toilet but im glad he didnt tell me until we had left!

I would not have chosen to stay here and if i had read the reviews beforehand i would have refused to stay here. A normal working class person should not have to endure this type of place. I am not a snob by any standards but i expect a place to be clean and free from bugs!! Cairo and Luxor were meant to be the highlight of our holiday...but they were for many different reasons.

I would advise anybody not to stay in this hell hole!!

ps you wouldnt get much sleep here if u had the cleanest hotel in the world as the windows are as thin as paper and the traffic below is constant all through the night. The beeping rang through my ears for days!!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2009

Got dumped out the front of this hotel by the tour company and straightaway I knew it wasn’t going to be good. Ended up spending 3 nights here, they were the worst three nights of my ten week around the world holiday. The staff were nice enough, but the location is on a very busy six lane highway, and everyone has to honk their horn as they pass the hotel. This goes on all through the night, it was terrible, especially truck with amazingly loud musical horns. In the three nights there I think I managed three hours sleep and I was on the seventh floor.
If you can avoid it, don’t stay here, if you do, BRING YOUR EAR PLUGS.
Breakfast was pretty ordinary too, lots of pastries and not much else. The cats out the back were fed, cause the customers weren’t eating it.
Great view of the pyramids from your room and the roof, but after ten minutes its really not that exciting.
There is no safe in the room, you can hire one at the front desk, and there is no deadlock on the door. I didn’t have any trouble, but I wouldn’t want to be a single woman here.
The streets outside are filthy, dumped cars litter the street and rubbish is piled high next to garbage bins. I went for a walk and was continually hassled by vendors trying to sell something or wanting me to go with them to their cousin’s place. After 30 minutes I’d had enough and returned to my room.
The small restaurant on the roof did make a good meal in the evening though and you could get a beer, but seriously that was the only good point about this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2009

My husband,13yr old son and myself were based in Nabq Sharm el Sheikh from 10th may to 24th May 2009 for 2 wks and as this was our first visit to Egypt we thought we would visit Cairo and all the sights it had to offer at our leisure and booked 2 nights/3 days B&B into the Delta Pyramids hotel before we left England.If only we had seen this site first and read the reviews!! By the time we got off our flight and got to the hotel it was lunch time and we were starving,so after checking in and dumping our case in what I can only discribe as a hovel for a room ( no bigger than my dining room with 3 single beds in it and beleive me my dining room isn't that big) Anyway back to lunch, we sat down and ordered our food in what looked like a respectable dining area only to find a mouse flee from under the table right over my sons foot and straight passed the staff who clearly saw it and muttered to each other. Needless to say none of us ate our lunch or anything else in that hotel,in fact if it hadn't been for our brilliant tour guide and our driver we wouldn't have eaten at all, needless to say my son would not eat anywhere else after that but KFC, BK or Mc D ( all our efforts to get him trying local quisine had gone out of the painted shut windows .lol).
On a serious note though,we decided we would venture out the hotel and have a little walk around by ourselves, we got as far as the steps outside of the hotel and one of the tourist police (who are posted out there 24/7) came to me and asked where we were going,I told him we were just going for a wander and we wern't really sure, he told us not to go passed certain shops either way of the hotel as it was not safe and even offered to accompany us. I wish he had as we only went around the block so to speak and we could have been people from another planet. My son had comments such as hey rich boy give us your shoes you can afford more. The little children would say hey pretty lady take me home, its a good job my husband was on the ball as My son would have had no trainers and I would have had extra baggage on the way back home. The children really wrench your heart. All in all I will never forget The Delta Pyramids Hotel and not in a good way. Please take care in this area and listen to what the Tourist Police say.Believe me they are the real deal and your safety is paramount .
We were so happy to land back in Sharm you would not beleive the difference..Oh I almost forgot do not touch the so called pool/ postage stamp it is not clean,

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank freakyfreeman
Reviewed May 15, 2009

Where do I begin. The hotel is shabby, dirty and in need of complete refurb. We were on 10th floor and were kept awake all night from the traffic noise and constant tooting of car horns. The smell of city fumes choke your throat in the hotel lift and along the corridoors - it is fresher outside! The water would totally cut out mid-shower, leaving you covered in suds for at least 10 minutes til it resumed. The breakfast was meagre with little choices, tepid food in the hot plates, and poor service. We never ate any food there as we spotted mice in the dining room running between the curtains - this was on the first morning. When I pointed this out to a waiter he just smiled at me.
The only one good thing about this hotel was the view of the pyramids from the roof top bar.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cairo
Oasis Hotel
#2 of 42 in Giza
Gawharet Al Ahram Hotel
Best View Pyramids Hotel
Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx

Been to Delta Pyramids Hotel? Share your experiences!