“Nice hotel & Overall very good hotel”

Delta Pyramids Hotel
Ranked #105 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
cairo
“Nice hotel & Overall very good hotel”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Delta pyramids hotel is the best area that you can see the ‎pyramids&room is very good ‎

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pakistan
Reviewed August 26, 2011

Overall good hotel, close to pyramids.
Breakfast OK.
There are a lot of local restaurants very close to it, so u can have ur dinners there.
The first room I got was a mess. Very old, stinky and without any window. The 2nd I got was very good. relatively new and with beautiful views of pyramids. U can see the sound and light show from ur room! (but dont miss the real show, its great).
Nice small pool at rooftop.
A bit noisy, as rooms windows open at a busy road.

Room Tip: see ur room before accepting it. Best rooms are at front and on 5th (and higher) floors (nice view...
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank arrahman74
Kozhikode, India
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I stayed in this hotel only once. I don't think it is a 4* category but yes we classify it as a premium 3*.Its around 12-story building. So naturally they must be having more rooms to occupy more guests.But the lobby, restaurant, and the lift is very very small and congested. I doubt if all the rooms are occupied how they will manage. I stayed in their suite room which was a OK one.The main problem is the location.It is just beside the main road and if you are staying in the lower floors and that too in the rooms facing main road, I assure you, you will not sleep on that night.Lot of voice from outside even during midnight. The windows are not sound proof. The main attraction of the hotel is at the outside.You can see the great pyramids from your room. In the evening, you can see the light and sound show at the pyramids from your hotel room.Of course, you cant hear the explanations, but the changing of various color lights on the pyramids is very beautiful. There are many small shops and restaurants nearby and the location is not that sophisticated. The swimming pool is also very small and it is located on the terrace. Food is not that great.I recommend this hotel if you don't want to spend around $40-$50 extra for staying in a 4* hotel.I feel it is a semi 4* hotel. You can try once.

Room Tip: Top floor.No road facing rooms
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank joseittan
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed April 23, 2011

I stayed at the hotel 6 days.
The room was big but not perfectly clean, especially the bathroom was horrible! But i did'nt see any bugs.
The view is just fantastic!
There is a bad traffic noise, but i think that it is like this in all hotels in Cairo. There is traffic noise from every street in Cairo, so if the hotel is on a street, there will be noise!
My friend and I lost some money the forst day we were in Cairo, and thoughed that it had been tricked from us on the street, but the last day we were there, all our money had dissappeared from the HOTEL ROOM! We had had all our money when we got up to the hotel room, and had went up to the pool for some hours, when we came back all the money had been stolen from our valet! We had had a "no cleaning" sign on the door all week, so nobody should be in the room. I went to the reception and explained what had happened and they took it seriously. They checked our room though, to see if we had hidnt the money i guess, but after some investigation, they came back to the room and say'd that they would get the money for us in 1 hour. After 1½ they came with the money for us. We guess that it was the same thing that had happened the first day, because we also had been by the pool and had counted our money afterwarts. So watch your money, and do not feel safe by leaving them in the hotel room!!!
Stayed on the 8th floor, i think that this is a good floor because of view, and you get a little higher from the traffic noise. The elevators did'nt always work, but there are 3 of them, so at least 1 of them should work.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jusoliwi

Travelers are raving about these Cairo hotels

Manila
Reviewed January 12, 2011

I recently stayed in Delta Pyramids on two occasions and I will strongly recommend people not to stay there. First time the room was street facing where the traffic noise went on all night. The noise insulation from the street was almost negligible. The second time we took a room at the back and the room was just unbearable. The breakfast is horrible. You are better off with tea and toast outside. There were defects all through the hotel. Let me tell you the ones I have directly experienced - broken beds, dirty bed spreads (but washed bed sheets), dirty carpet, broken shower screen, bathroom door does not close properly, lift does not work frequently, pushy bell boys, pushy restaurant manager, unpleasant hotel surroundings, very small lobby with only one power outlet (if you are having to wait for your room then you might be standing). internet booth is a little larger than a phone booth, lift not at the lobby level - so the bags has to be carried up a few steps, bell boy never comes with the trolley, bags are always hand carried, the fridge does not work. We had a very difficult stay. It took half the charm out of Cairo.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank RaqibManila
scunthorpe
Reviewed December 12, 2010

We chose this hotel because of the view of pyramids - unfortunately windows were too filthy to see out of. First room allocated was a nightmare - filthy dirty, air co did not work , bathroom filthy and shower broken. After complaining to reception we were moved to another room which was marginally better - still filthy but air con and shower worked - thank goodness we were only ther one night. didn't dare eat anything at hotel due to mould and ingrained dirt in dining room equipment, no restaraunts eithin vicinity of hotel so ende up going to a local shop to buy crisps, biscuits etc - basically anything that was wrapped up just to have something to eat. Has a rooftop pool - if you like swimming in slime !!
Noise from street and traffic really bad, staff miserable ( not surprising really ) whole area around hotel full of rubbish - "view of pyramids " not worth all the negatives - stay somewhere else and travel in to see the pyramids . You have been warned visit this hotel ar your peril !!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ScunthorpeMagpie
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2010

I stayed at the Delta Pyramids for a week, I arrived at 3am, and no one was there to greet me at reception, the receptionist(bald chap with goatie) was rude didn't welcome me, he had a scruffy appearance, he had 3 top buttons undone, and a whole cigarette in his mouth. He was miserable and very inefficient with answering my questions. To sum up he was unprofessional and should be sacked. I felt very disheartened.
The bell boy who took my luggage upstairs was clearly aiming for a tip, as he was taking my luggage to the shoddy lift, I FELT he was making a snide remark about me in Arabic to the receptionist.
As I arrived in the room there were no clean sheets it smelled, the TV had poor reception and no towels in the bathroom.
The noise pollution was out of scale, I couldn't even sleep on most nights.
The best thing about the hotel were the cleaners who were friendly and always greeted me with a smile. also the restaurant at the top is worth a look as you have beautiful view of the pyramids and can chill with a drink and admire the view.
Overall there are better hotels, worth paying a bit more.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank lakhster
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cairo
Gawharet Al Ahram Hotel
Pyramids Plaza Hotel
Pyramids Plaza Hotel
#35 of 41 in Giza
Cairo Pyramids Hotel

Been to Delta Pyramids Hotel? Share your experiences!