“A few days at Le Meridien”

Le Meridien Heliopolis
Ranked #33 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“A few days at Le Meridien”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

The rooms here are large and comfortable with excellent beds and a good bathroom. There is a large desk to work on, essential for me on business, and a good wifi connection. The food is lovely, I was spoilt for choice at breakfast. Try the Thai restaurant in the evening the food here is lovely.

The Hotel rep guided us through the crowds at the airport with ease - a great help.

Room Tip: Choose a quiet room at the back
1 Thank HelenLongsight
Nelly O, Administrative Assistant to the General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Helenlongsight,

First let me thank you for choosing Le Méridien Heliopolis Hotel and for sharing your feedback with us through TripAdvisor.

We were lucky to have you with us at Le Méridien Heliopolis and thank you for selecting Le Méridien Heliopolis. We are delighted to read your review and thank you for reflecting your positive experience with us, appreciating our services and facilities, as well as enjoying our excellent beds.

We are also thrilled that you have had a pleasant time enjoying our food in Thai Restaurant.

Thank you for your positive feedback. We will always welcome the opportunity to being of service to you and look forward to welcoming you back soon in the very near future.

The Hotel Management.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Well, my reason to say fake swimming pool is because there is a swimming pool in the hotel but you cannot swim as I found it not cleaned and it was closed for swimming. Next day I faced sand storm here and I think keeping swimming pool open here is really a foolish idea. It is in the open area surrounded by view from hotel rooms facing it. I took taxi from airport through one person standing inside the airport wearing suit and flashing is identity card for some travel agency. I trusted and went ahead. He booked taxi on my behalf and I paid him advance. I don't know why taxi guy took U turn of his car long ahead of what others were taking. There were ways to take U turn before he took. Anyway, I reach hotel and I paid EGP 29 for my airport to hotel trip in some good car. After I went inside the hotel through security check-in, I found its hall a bit confusing and congested but beautifully decorated with nice interiors. Hotel has its own shopping area and exchange counter. However, it was cheaper for me to do exchange at the airport as compared to hotel. Rooms are dull but okay for few days stay. I faced lot of problem with Air conditioner as the day I was inside the room, it was blowing hot air. Mechanic changed it to cold air. I believe no one had stayed in that room from past many days or months. Even though their pamplets were saying that I can adjust air conditioner as per my needs but I couldn't ever able to do so. I was calling everyday Internet guy and airconditioner guy for problems inside my room. They offered me to change the room but I never like to change unless there is fire inside the room. ;)

Best part of this hotel is its breakfast as you will get variety of choices. I never missed it. They have really amazing and delicious catering at Thai restaurant, Rachawadee, where I spent my evenings having my dinner. One evening I faced problem in getting my choice of dinner available from them out of their menu but I had to settle down with something I didn't wish to have it.

Overall, I had good experience with this hotel and hotel room but not 5 star hotel treatment which if you expect.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Nelly O, Administrative Assistant to the General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Valuable Guest
First we would like to thank you for your loyalty to Le Méridien Heliopolis.
We read your review and are delighted to know you enjoyed your time at our Hotel, appreciating our services and facilities, particularly the breakfast.
For the swimming pool comment, kindly note that we use to close it during the winter season for annual maintenance, and re-open it on April form each year, so, it was opened since 1st of April 2014.
The point you have highlighted in your message regarding the problem you faced with the air condition in the room was immediately addressed to both Ex. Housekeeper as well as our Director of Engineering for necessary action to prevent the reoccurrence.
We will always look forward to the pleasure of being of service to you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Traveled to Cairo with a colleague for a few days, spent like an hour on booking.com choosing a proper place to stay. At first we loved the location and the price, upon arrival were pleasantly surprised to see our lovely room. All personnel are sweet and smiling, the hotel interior is adorable, although it was obviously built long ago. We ourselves are working in hospitality business and hotel industry, so know everything from inside, so to speak, and surely couldn't help evaluating the hotel from a professional point of view. Generally speaking, we remained highly satisfied, thanks to room service for a nice compliment in a form of a fruit platter and of course free hourly shuttle service from and to the airport. Coming back in May, so see you, guys!!!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Nelly O, Administrative Assist. to the General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Alina,

We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and appreciated Le Méridien Heliopolis services. We are also thrilled to know about your positive comments regarding staff hospitality. Your lovely words regarding the hotel interior being adorable is very much appreciated.
Enjoying your time with us is our aim and we are glad to know that we have met your expectation.

The Hotel Management.
Khamis Mushait, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

Right now is the right time to visit Cairo before all the crowds rediscover this ancient gem. The hotel provides a wonderful service of meet and greet. There was a hotel rep waiving our names well before we had to deal with immigration, visa's etc. Then he took us through all the formalities, waited patiently for our luggage and got us into the airport shuttle.

Rooms were nice, but be sure you double check non smoking before heading up to the room. Because we didn't, even though it was requested, we had to wait. The hotel though let us use the room to change and wait. A wine or other spirit in the lounge is a treat. Breakfast was ok, but not that great for the money. But, if you want it, its the only really option.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nelly O, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Philip,

We are delighted to note that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated Le Méridien Heliopolis services. Your kind comments concerning our airport pickup is greatly appreciated. Staff Members wish to thank you for your positive feedback. We are very proud to read the kind words you have posted expressing your loyalty to our Hotel. We will always look forward to the pleasure of being of service to you.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

the meridien heliopolis has friendly staff and has a pickup service right from immigration,if they are informed in advance.the city stars mall is 10 minutes away by taxi.security arrangements within the hotel are good.
the breakfast is sumptuous,the only issue i faced was the wifi.there is a cable in the room for internet,but wifi is only in lobby.
a good experience to be in the heart of the city.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nelly O, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear VishalWagh,

Thank you for choosing Le Méridien Heliopolis while recently visiting Cairo. We are delighted to read your review and thank you for reflecting your positive experience with gratifying comments, greatly appreciated, especially your good opinion regarding our staff being friendly and helpful.
In regards to your comments for the wi-fi, which in not available in the rooms, I wish to advise you that we will engage in our ambitious renovation which will start very soon.
We are all enthusiastic and eager to engage in this great challenging task and are confident that once the renovations are completed, we will exceed your expectations in terms of refurbishment, service and equipments.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again, in the not too distant future.
Kind regards,. The Hotel Management
الاسكندرية , مصر
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014

very friendly team, wide clean and quiet rooms, delicious breakfast
nice music very where 24/7
helpful maintenance team
nice free illy coffee,
the disco not working, but a nice band at the lobby plays daily

Room Tip: rooms on back side of hotel are quiet rooms on front side of hotel have a good view of a main stree...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Nelly O, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It is a real pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at Le Méridien Heliopolis as reflected by your positive review. Our aim is to deliver the best and we will always make every effort to make your future stays as comfortable and pleasant as possible. Again we thank you for your support and we hope to be of service to you soon.

Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2014

At first I was Impressed by the location of this hotel which helped me to easily get to my appointment on time specially in traffic jam hours in Cairo, Also they offered an early check in upon my request which was nice and made my day as I arrived 2 hours early.
Pros. are: Excellent location, Very friendly staff, fast check in / out, clean rooms & bathroom, nice food, good parking area with reasonable fee, offers free coffee at lobby of my favorite coffee brand.

Cons. are : room view is not so good, Room internet wasn't working.

In general I liked this hotel and I'll go there next time I stay at this area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Nelly O, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Lobna,

It is a real pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at Le Méridien Heliopolis as reflected by your positive review. We really appreciate your lovely and wonderful words regarding our services, rooms and staff. We are delighted to have met your expectations and confirm our commitment to always deliver the best of service to ensure our guests feel welcomed and at home.
Rest assures that we will always make our utmost to make your future stays as comfortable and pleasant as possible. Again we thank you for your support and we hope to be of service to you soon.