“Meridien ????? I guess not!”

Le Meridien Heliopolis
Ranked #33 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Meridien ????? I guess not!”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is maybe the third time I stay in this hotel, always coming back becouse of the business location and the continuous improvement of the service, but the hotel needs an urgent renovation, it is a must to continue with the Meridien Flag, please star the renovation asap.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Brazukajo
ManagementCairo, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,
Thank you for your loyalty to Le Méridien Heliopolis and for appreciating the Hotel’s location and the “continuous improvement of the service”. We wish to assure you that our renovation plan will start this coming June and we are all enthusiastic and eager to engage in this great challenge. We are confident that once the renovations are completed you will appreciate Le Méridien Heliopolis more than ever. Looking forward to the pleasure of your company soon. Kind regards, The Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg
Reviewed January 18, 2013

After enduring an 8 hour flight on EgyptAir with no choice of movies, no alcohol and no ice for soft drinks, it was good to get to the hotel and have my reservation dealt with quickly and efficiently. I haven't stayed at a Le Meridien for a while, but the rooms are adequate for the business traveller and, although the bathrooms seem slightly dated, the water is hot and the showers have decent pressure. I only ate at the hotel where the food was plentiful and seemed to be reasonably priced - although I'd expect cheaper options if I knew where to go. Heliopolis, the suburb, is close to the airport which means it's a fair drive to get to Tahrir Square and the Museum and a longer drive to see the Pyramids and the Sphinx. Traffic is terrible and being a passenger is not for the faint hearted. Le Meridien was a reasonable choice of hotels and should be considered by people with business in and around that area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ManagementCairo, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We are delighted to note that we were able to wipe away the uncomfortable 8 hour flight you endured when reaching Le Méridien Heliopolis. We thank you for highlighting your appreciation of the food, rooms and bathrooms although these “seem slightly dated” as you have gently mentioned. We wish to assure you that our renovation plan will start this coming June and we are all enthusiastic and eager to engage in this great challenge. Unfortunately, Cairo’s traffic is always congested that makes Le Méridien Heliopolis a favourite location for clients wishing to be near the airport. We thank you for your valid review and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to Le Méridien Heliopolis in the near future. Kind regards, The Hotel Management.
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I hadan overnight accommodation for a meeting in Cairo, and this was my first time to stay, although the location is not the best.. but the hotel is very clean, organized, and well furnished, staff are very friendly, smiley and helpful, they were very happy, and they offered me the VIP card immediately, also they were very keen to assure that everything's ok... i would really go there again and i will recommend it to friends.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank MOHAMED E
ManagementCairo, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your overnight stay at Le Méridien Heliopolis. We were delighted to note that we have made a good impression on your first visit to our Hotel and that you will recommend it to your friends.

Your kind comments were shared with the Executive Team as it is certainly gratifying when efforts are acknowledged by our guests.

Once again, we thank you for your positive review and look forward to the pleasure of counting you among our most loyal customers.

Kind regards, The Hotel Management
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was taken to this hotel by egypt air, on the 4th of january, during my transit in cairo.This receptionist named Sherin was in charge of giving out the rooms. She was so rude and nasty to everybody. She made everyone who asked her a question feel like they were stupid or retarded.After I got they key to my room, I stood at the reception waiting for a friend and the same receptionist said to me "I gave you your room key, what are you still doing here?". I just stood there with my mouth open and couldn't say anything. After that kind of treatment, everything about the hotel just seemed ugly to me.

• Stayed January 2013
ManagementCairo, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
We read with great concern your remarks and regret the discomfort caused by our Reception Clerk Sherine. While investigating the issue and without attempting to justify Sherine’s behavior, you may acknowledge the heavy responsibility that lies on her when handling a large group checking-in. However, with a more co-ordinated approach, the Front Desk Staff will do their best to minimize the inconveniences at check-in. We thank you for sharing your comments and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to Le Méridien Heliopolis. Kind regards, The Hotel Management

Travelers are raving about these Cairo hotels

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I'm writing my review right now from the lobby of the hotel, i stayed for one night 28/29 december 2012, it's 06:30 AM and i can't sleep because the AC in my room is not working..it's like an oven in there.i already told the reception at 9 PM yesterday yet they did nothing... I Dedinitley DO NOT Recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
3 Thank HarouniEG
ManagementCairo, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Mr Harouni,
Very sorry to read the comments you have posted in connection with your recent stay at Le Méridien Heliopolis, advising that you did not receive the typical Le Méridien experience we aim to deliver. We thank you for bringing this issue up and rest assured that we have immediately notified our maintenance department to avoid such embarrassing situation in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Heliopolis again soon. Our very best wishes for 2013. The Hotel Management.
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights . Rooms are very spacious and staff generally friendly, . Live music being played in the lobby , Free WIFI was available in lobby and restaurant ,. Room was great and comfortable beds , breakfast was a great plus I like it , but I cannot understand those aged fat staff ladies in breakfast hall .

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Osama A
ManagementCairo, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Dear Mr Osama,
Thank you for choosing Le Méridien Heliopolis while recently visiting Cairo and for posting a positive review of our Hotel, highlighting spacious room, comfortable bed, friendly staff, Free WIFI in Lobby & restaurant, great breakfast, live music in the lobby…. Too bad that you did not appreciate the services of our hostesses at breakfast. We believe, it is not ethical to dismiss someone on account of age or physical appearance, unless performance is weaken. We will always welcome the opportunity to be of service to you and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to Le Méridien Heliopolis soon. The Hotel Management
london
Reviewed November 4, 2012

not a great experience. old tired hotel that needs updating. very noisy if you are bothered about that due to the proximity of the road. stayed for 1 night then checked out early and moved to another hotel. hotel shuttle pick up from the airport was mixed, the guy who met me at customs was great, very polite and efficient helping me with the visa and getting through customs and baggage fast but then we waited nearly 15 mins for the shuttle bus to arrive and pick me up, i was the only passenger. would have been faster to jsut get my own cab, the whole point of pre-booking hotel transport is to have it all ready and waiting for you, quite the opposite in this case. ok its free but I would have paid to be picked up faster. also checkin at nearly 1am took an age, no rush no idea that a guest may just want to get to the room fast in the middle of the night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank travelwellallthetime
ManagementCairo, General Manager at Le Meridien Heliopolis, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at Le Méridien Heliopolis and for letting us know how much you have appreciated our Airport Sales Agent services upon your arrival at the airport. Disappointed, however, to learn that we could not live up to your expectations, due to an old/tired/noisy hotel . Rest assured that we are in the process of starting our renovation plan (by mid 2013) which will definitely include rooms thermal and noise insulation. As to the shuttle bus delay we just wish to clarify that buses are not allowed to park in front of exit gates, as per airport authorities regulations. Normal check-in process should not take more than 5 minutes, otherwise, it does not reflect the usual Le Méridien standards, therefore, we apologize for the unintentional delay. We thank you once again for your review and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again soon. The Hotel Management