“Poor House keeping and food quality”

Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo
Ranked #34 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Hi Friends,
I use to stay very often in this hotel all the time I am in Cairo (average 6-9 stay an year).
Day by day quality is getting poor, My last experience was No lights on bathroom. and the previous visit there was no bath towel in Bathroom. Even if u complaint them the response is very poor.
Food quality is not worth for the money you spend.
Front reception you will find waiters always grabbing our travel bags forcefully which is really irritating.
I should say one fact that this hotel's service was extremely good in the past and it is going worse day by day.
Thanks
ABY

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aby s
Haguer C, Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Mr. Aby S,
Greetings from Sonesta Hotel Tower & Casino Cairo.

Firstly, please accept our sincerest apology for having failed to meet your expectations. Your feedback to us has been most valuable and we have addressed the issues with our colleagues. We will also integrate this in our training program so that it does not recur.

We hope that this incident will not mar your impression of the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regard
Haguer Nassar.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed at Sonesta for a couple of days, it's a pretty reasonable hotel however the only low of our trip was that we were not able to use the pool due to so-called restrictions of the dressing code (needs to be western attire I.e. Bikini) . This was really a surprise since me and my sister both were wearing spandex material top & leggings, infact we even mentioned to the guy and one lady in charge who tried to placate us, that we had worn same outfits in the pool during our stay in Langkawi, Malaysia at the Aseania resort and there were no issues. However they emphasized that this is the pool policy for all hotels in Heliopolis area. It just appears as they want to cater to a specific clientele only and discourage others esp locals etc from utilizing their facilities. Really disappointing aspect.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Haguer C, Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sonesta Hotel Tower & Casino Cairo.

Firstly, please accept our sincerest apology for having failed to meet your expectations. Your feedback was taken serious & will be discussed with the management.

Best regard

Reviewed December 17, 2013

My wife Jasmine and I stayed at Sonesta Hotel twice. We really liked the hotel ambiance, the rooms and the service by all of the hotel staff. We especially remember 3 staff members named Faten, Mostafe and Baseem. We also enjoyed the food and the dining area at the hotel. We would also like to visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Haguer C, Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear Abazer Biviji ,

Thank you very much indeed for your feedback regarding our hotel.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcoming you back to Sonesta hotel tower & Casino Cairo in the near future.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

I spent one night in this hotel. The hotel is 20 min from cairo int airport.
The lobby is not that wide but the setting is cosy and chique. Has a nice small garden and swimming pool. I had a VIP Room in the 9th floor which was spacious with perfect AC and the bathroom was perfectly arranged.
The dinner and BF were ok. The hotel is in good position to business men but not adjacent to any of the touristic sites in cairo.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank samehshaheen
Haguer C, Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear sameh shaheen

Thank you for sharing your experience for your stay with us at Sonesta Hotel Tower & Casino on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I stayed in d hotel for 4 nights in room no 1018 The stay was pleasant , the rooms clean n staff courteous .
The breakfast buffet at d green house had ample to choose from . Customised city tour n Nile cruise ( arranged by hotel concierge ) with an able guide named Mohammed was a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2013
Haguer C, Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Vibhasandeep,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am really pleased to have just read your review and delighted you chose to stay with us.

I have shared your review with my team and we are extremely delighted.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at Sonesta hotel Tower & Casino Cairo.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

As a frequent business traveller, I may say that this hotel is very good. It is located just 15 minutes from the airport, 15 minutes drive from thedowntown and 10 minutes away from exhibition area.
Rooms in new part of the hotel are very spacious and clean, bathroom is also spacious and clean. My room had a view to an inner cortyard, which was not so good, although this was not important to me. Hotel has Arabic, Japanese and Italian restaurant with tasty food. Breakfast was satisfactory for everybody`s taste. Hotel has exchange office, minishop, candy shop and casino.
Staff was very polite and helpful. I`d especially like to thank to receptionist mr. Mohamad for his exceptional professionalism. Would recommend this hotel for another stay in Cairo, but only for its new part (above congress halls).

Room Tip: Rooms in newer part of the hotel, above the congress area.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Haguer C, Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Mr. Vladimir B,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Sonesta Hotel tower & Casino Cairo

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back our Sonesta Hotel tower & Casino Cairo

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is still the best hotel in Cairo, for me. Excellent value for money. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and will go out of their way to make you feel welcome and safe. The food is superb and the hotel has a wonderful inviting atmosphere. this hotel will always be my choice.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are more luxurious, but all the rooms are nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Haguer C, Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear 991lisa,

I really appreciate that you took the time to write your comments on tripadvisor.

I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you appreciated our services.
In the meantime, I will pass on your positive comments to the team which will serve as a great motivation.

Thank you for choosing Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo and I look forward to welcoming you again very soon!