Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Ramses Hilton(Cairo)
$25
$24
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnew towerclose to the airportfront officebusiness tripdecent hotelbusiness hotelreception deskspecial thanksexecutive floorwonderful hotelmrgyminternetheliopolisconciergedrivertraffic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Average hotel, a little bit expensive, rooms are not so perfect, location is good, calm, and quiet, freindly staff, recommended for little stay and all activities to be outside, a little bit near airport, there many hotels with same prices and better service

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Hany S, Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.
We are really sorry that we didn’t provide the service to your satisfactory level.
We are kindly ask your good self to send us more details in order to enhance our service
Looking forward receiving your communication and welcoming you at Sonesta Hotel tower & Casino
Thanks and best regards,

Reviewed September 8, 2012

New tower, where I stayed, rooms are nice, I like the bathroom a lot, very good housekeeping, they clean good, the room I stayed was big so I felt very comfortable, very clean everything actually. Nice staff, I have to say it, nice welcoming, nice reception staff, everybody very helpful, I have stayed there 4 times and i don't have complains. I like the sauna of them. But the steam room is not clean and the walls are not well painted which give you a feeling of "dirty" as well as not smelling well. The yacuzzi not clean as well. Nice gym. Nice food. NIce italian restaurant. And I loved the suhi bar! yummy. In general they have a nice atmosphere, especially when there is a band and dancer of arabic music, you feel the hotel has light!. I really reccomend it :))

Room Tip: new tower, 5th floor looking to the pool ;) :)
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
SonestaEgypt, Assistant Regional Communications Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear bonita v

Thank you for your nice review , we are happy you liked our rooms , restaurant and gym . It is always an honor to have repeated guests like you .

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 8 nights, separated by a week-end spent away in the middle.
This hotel is providing everything you would ever need, with a service matching the 5 stars.

The rooms are big, though the second one I got was not entirely clean (breadcrumbs in the room and some long hair in the bathroom).
The pool seemed fine and not crowded.
Breakfast was ok too.
Every night there was a wedding party in the hall, definitely a good sign regarding the provided service.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the 9th floor, you will have free wifi access from the Business Lounge without any login. Else the normal procedure is that you would have to go sit in the lobby and register yourself (login delivered for free and valid for 24h only)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear Andrea B,

Thank you for your comments , we are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that we were able to provide you the service you wanted. Regarding the weddings , yes our hotel is famous of its weddings in Heliopolis area .

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed more than 10 times for one week or more each time since September 2011. I have get used now with the service and the pros and cons of this hotel. The rooms are spacy although the bathrooms are not renewed and so clean. The best thing of this hotel is the Japanese restaurant which offers amazing sushi, especially the days of promotion. On the contrary I don't like asking something, normally not so significant, from reception the staff of which seems willing to satisfy my request but at the very end nothing is done because actually they don't understand good English so they forget easily. Thus, you may repeat many times what you say and never be sure whether your message is received.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Hany S, Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Guest,
We have appreciated the fact that you have taken the time to post your review of our Hotel Sonesta hotel Tower & Casino Cairo on Trip Advisor
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the service you received at our SuShi Ya restaurant
Your comments has not gone unnoticed as we planned English courses for targeted employees
once again we would like to thank you for your valuable time and we looking forward welcoming you at our Hotel Sonesta hotel Tower & Casino Cairo
Best Regards,
Cherish Coordinator
Cordialement

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at the Sonesta twice during 3 weeks in Cairo this July. The first for 4 nights in the new towers block from the 9th July and the second for 3 nights in the old part from the 25th July. There is no comparison between the 2 with the new towers rooms being proper 5* and the old original rooms being 4* standard. The new tower rooms have large flat screen TVS and all modern amenities whilst the old original rooms are tired and a bit outdated. As an example in the Towers room I got around 150 TV channels but in the old original room around 20 and alot were not tuned in properly.

The hotel is a great location for Heliopolis and Nasr City areas and of course the airport. Yes they do have alot of weddings and out door functions but this is part of Egypt..

My main issue is the service in the restaurant which was not 5* at all. It was alot easier for me to get my own coffee or tea rather than wait for one of the staff who seemed more content to stand still talking to each other. Same applied to the chef cooking the omelettes and I gave up on 2 of the mornings.

I also had a problem with not being "allowed" to use the airport shuttle bus because I am a travel agent and the reason given "as a management decision". So will this make me offer this hotel to my clients?????

For the money it is not a bad hotel if you take the Tower rooms but they need to work on the service...

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the Tower rooms, they are in a different league
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank philphil64
Hany S, Public Relations Manager at Sonesta Hotel, Tower & Casino Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel Sonesta hotel Tower & Casino
I would like to apologize about your comments concerning our service in restaurant & an action has been taken …
Concerning our Shuttle bus, it’s against by laws to do any complementary transfer to any clients’ book it by the travel agency
We sincerely hope to welcome you back very soon to our Sonesta hotel tower & casino
Cairo