“EGYPT HOLIDAY”
Review of Le Passage Cairo

Le Passage Cairo
Ranked #2 of 144 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed May 8, 2014

i can just say it was lovely time to spend in le passage hotel cairo. so nice hotel well maintained. staff also co operative. room service is is bit poor. main reason is staff dont understand English.otherwise hotel is superb food is excellent.
i advice at least once to visit and spend a good time here.

Room Tip: City view rooms are fantastic. swimming pool area also nice
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,444)

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I used this hotel on my stopover in Cairo on a trip from Dubai to Asmara. The hotel is actually very close to the airport. I had a very good impression about this hotel starting from the efficient and fast check-in. The front desk was also very eager and fast when I requested information and planning for quick tour to the city. I was given a room on the ground flour, close to the swimming pool. The room was large, clean and comfortable. I had a very good sleep without any disturbance as the surroundings were very quiet. I enjoyed the food very much at the hotel restaurant which was very diversified and up to my taste. The trip to the city was organized efficiently and at a very reasonable cost. All in all, I think the experience with this hotel was great and it gives good value for the money, and no doubt I will use it again on my next trips to Cairo.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Stayed at this hotel during a daytime transit stopover with Egyptair.

The first room I was given (1067) was down a long dark corridor with missing ceiling boards and appeared to be a mix of guestrooms and former guest rooms now used by the hotel as Engineering offices.

The room itself, with the exception of the (fuzzy) flat panel TV appeared to be a 1970's timewarp with a swirly tile pattern in the bathroom and a decrepit soggy bed. The carpet was an interesting but not entirely successful amalgamation of 3 different pieces of carpet. The corridor and room reeked of cigarette smoke (like much of Egypt). On trying to get some rest it quickly became apparent that sleep was impossible, The room had an interconnecting door to the adjacent room used as the Chief Engineers office and his phone calls / talking / arguments came straight through the door as if I was sitting in the room with him.

After getting dressed again and making a rather grumpy trudge back to the front desk I shared my concerns and was then given room 5008 in the garden wing, the other side of the swimming pool. The difference between the two rooms was huge and this room, though still nowhere near a European or US 5 star hotel was perfectly adequate. I suspect these are the rooms paying guests will receive as opposed to those incarcerated by Egyptair during transit stays..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have stayed here three times on layovers. The hotel is very close to the airport terminal, and a free shuttle is provided. It is easy to get a taxi to take you into the city, but the hotel taxi company charges about four times the normal flag rate, so try to get a local taxi on the way back.
The staff are friendly and helpful, and the buffet meals offer a wide selection of decent food.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2014

there was no problem on ariving at hotel
reservation was ready....

i come frequently in thuis hotel as it is next to the airporyt on arriving and leaving

the room was ok breakfast also good like the rest and swimming pool

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Perfect spot to sleep near the airport for a layover. Can't imagine wanting this to be primary hotel for a vacation, but felt very safe for our family and it's extremely convenient. Dinner buffet was nice and outdoor seating was very pleasant.

Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This would happen to be the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The first room they put me in featured a crusty bathroom with no bidet, which was just the start of it. During the subsequent morning (9am), I was awoken by the construction going on in the room directly above mine . It took them some time to switch me to a mosquito infested room on the second floor.

During the following night, I returned to the hotel at 3am where I was literally CHASED down the hall by one of the workers who then questioned my stay at the hotel. And by chased I mean a full on sprint you would see from Usain Bolt. He then escorted me to my room and tried to peek inside. The front office did not seem to care at all that it happened, which didn't surprise me one bit.

They mishandled my checkout time, but perhaps that was due to the language barrier. The front desk receptionist didn't return call me back and passed the problem down to the next shift for whatever reason. The next receptionist then lied to me about calling the man who booked my reservation. What a joke. As I walked to the front lobby to fix my check-out issue, I was stared down by everyone who was working at the front desk. They could benefit from a little professionalism.

Some under qualified assistant manager invited me to his office where he ordered me a Turkish coffee and proceeded to ignore my complaints. I then spoke to the manager, and he had a nice little smile to the whole story. I wrote down all my complaints and sealed it in an envelope, but I'm 100% sure nothing will be done about anything. When I received the bill for my check out, I found it amusing that they actually charged me the Turkish coffee. The man handling the checkout then laughed about the mistake and took off the charge.

If there was a bright spot to this "hotel", it would be the very friendly man from Sohag who worked the concierge. Also, the gym has almost everything you need.

All in all, avoid Le Passage at all costs.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo