“Good overnight Hotel near Cairo Airport”
Review of Le Passage Cairo

Le Passage Cairo
Ranked #3 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Pretoria, South Africa
“Good overnight Hotel near Cairo Airport”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with the Le Passage Cairo Hotel, just about a kilometre or so from Cairo Airport.
Airport Hotels often tend to be "hard" one-night hotels, but the Le Passage Hotel has much more to offer.

It has a clean, professional look to it, colorful lounges and great food in their restaurant (really enjoyed the variety of food).

Rooms are also neat and looks reasonably modern, although small (in line with "airport hotels"). Good quality, large flat screen TV, king bed and bath/shower.

The Fitness Centre overlooks a beautiful garden. The Le Passage is well recommended and you can actually consider to stay longer than just an overnight! There is also a small casino for those interested in those things.

The Hotel is a little on the expensive side, but nevertheless worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the gardens. I understand there are older rooms - avoid these.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Christiaan M
LePassageCairo, Manager at Le Passage Cairo, responded to this review, April 22, 2012

Warm greetings from Le Passage Cairo Hotel & Casino
On behalf of all colleagues at Le Passage Cairo Hotel & Casino ,we would like to extend our sincere appreciation for your very positive comments mentioned towards our hotel. We are also so pleased to know that you were happy with our accommodation and facilities

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Motherwell, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2012

If you're only on a stopover, then this hotel is fine. Rooms are a bit gloomy but did seem comfortable. I did have a problem with a noisy neighbour talking very loud on his mobile phone and had the TV on very loud, but that's not the hotel's fault. I was up at 3am to catch a very early flight and I "forgot to turn my TV down when I left!"....oops!

Food was very nice and the service was good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Warm greetings from sunny Cairo. It has been a great pleasure welcoming you at Le Passage Cairo Hotel & Casino and I wish to thank you for taking your precious time to send us your comments.

Your feedback is a valuable source for us to review our performance and strive to achieve excellent standards of product and service to our guests.

We hope to see you soon back in Cairo and at our hotel.

Thanks & Best regards
Attard, Malta
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed ther for two nights, going and returning from a conference in Ghana. The food was excellent and staff were helpful. The rooms and amenities were very clean and good, Very good bathroom

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
LePassageCairo, Manager at Le Passage Cairo, responded to this review, March 22, 2012

Thanks & best regards
Khartoum, Sudan
Reviewed March 7, 2012

If you are ever in Cairo, and need a place to stay, I would advise camping out in Tahrir Square, instead of staying in Le Passage Hotel.
As a Business Class Traveler with an 8 hour layover, Egypt Air booked me a room there. It was deplorable. The room was badly lit, toilet was broken, toilet door didn’t lock, phone/intercom only connected me to the sound of static. In addition to all of the above, stands the unforgiveable sin – internet connection not working.
No slippers in the room, so I had to choose between showering and sticking moist feet in my shoes or walking barefoot across the freezing tiles. I tried both. Equally unpleasant. Hotel stationery consisted of one bent piece of paper. The safe was only lockable via credit card so I had to walk around with my purse at all times. I do not have a valid credit card, and there was nothing to state what they were charging for this “service”. There were no electrical sockets for computers or phones, so I had to unplug the lights to recharge.
In the elevator, I ran into one of my co-workers who told me he had to change rooms because his was so dirty when he checked in.
On my out, I asked for water, as no drinking water was available in what should have been an executive room but wasn’t. The waitress/hostess/whatever they call them now brought me a glass that was so dirty, I would not let a dog drink from it.
To complete the check out of our delegation, we were left in the mercy of 3 concierges who made the decision that we should wait for the shuttle to join another hotel guest who was leaving on the same flight. I informed him that I did not care about their other guest and I wanted to go to the airport. In their Egyptian way, they stated that I was not to worry I was going to catch my plane. I stated that I wanted to leave and it was not their business to tell me when. True to Egyptian form I was told to calm down, which is the common attitude that the person that does not agree with them is hysterical and irrational.
We left the hotel 15 minutes after we were originally scheduled to, but did make our delayed flight with a detour at the Duty Free Shop, no thanks to them.
Next time you hear “Le Passage” run in the opposite direction.
For the record, I filled up the “Feedback Form” and expressed my overall rating of “Poor” and informed them that, no, I would not be interested in staying at their hotel again.

Room Tip: As far away from the hotel is best.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Tagreed_A
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I didn't pay the hotel so I can't really comment with the pricing. it was part of the agreement between Egypt Air for transiting passengers. Initially I booked a hotel at Fairmont Heliopolis but considering my last experience I change at the very last minutes and use the service provided by Egypt Air. The hotel look massive from the outside and the reception was quick and efficient.
The room is not exactly what I expect. Gloomy and smell dusty. The amenities is very simple, I spoke with a gentleman from the house keeping department who happen to check every room (I assumed) if I can have a toothpaste. he said yes but never return the request.

Their dinner in other hand is quite extravaganza. I love their cold salad plenty of choices and their hot meals are not bad either. I didn't really like their dessert but it's a personal choices of course.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Wijaya_Randu
corfu
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stay at this hotel for 2 days, waiting to fly with Egypt air to China. Nice hotel, big and
clean rooms, and very good breakfast with plenty things. Good quality of sleeping.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
LePassageCairo, Manager at Le Passage Cairo, responded to this review, February 29, 2012
Thanks & best regards
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed February 25, 2012

we stayed at this place when it was iberotel and becoz of unrest did not leave airport area. good to use for transit. free airport shuttle. rooms nothing great. aircon was not working well. room service food was avg.

Room Tip: poolside? its a very big hotel
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

We hope to see you soon back in Cairo and at our hotel.

Thanks & Best regards