I had stayed twice in Hilton Zamalek last autumn, around 1month and a half in total, as part of a business trip and I was very pleased with what it had to offer.
What I liked:
- even the single room is quite big
- big bed with lots of pillows
- old furniture but stylish
- balcony with Nile view
- I was sharing a common area ( lounge/lobby and a kitchen) with another person. The kitchen is, however, not free of charge anymore starting 1st of Jan 2013
- location! Central Zamalek. A lovely area where all the embassies are located.
- amazing staff! The most friendly one I have ever met. I need to mention Mohammed the tall guy here!
- the Feel at Home feeling I had during my entire stay. I will definetely return here the 3rd time also.
- Hilton reward programme which is amazing. Once you become Gold you enjoy lots of other facilities
What I did not like:
- air con system was always making a small noise even when it was off.
- expensive wi-fi for guests which are not yet entitled to free access
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the picturesque and exclusive island of Zamalek on the magnificent waters of the River Nile, the Hilton Zamalek Residence Cairo is located in a tranquil spot between downtown Cairo and Giza and is only 12 miles from Cairo Airport. All of the luxurious guest rooms at this hotel in Cairo offer spectacular city or river views and feature modern amenities such as high-speed internet access and LCD TVs. Upgrade to an elegant suite for additional space, a kitchen, living and dining areas and terraces offering scenic Nile views. Hold a professional conference in one of 3 flexible meeting rooms, all of which feature the latest in audio/visual technology and make use of our business center. Dine on international and oriental cuisine overlooking the pool and the River Nile in Nile Breeze, listen to live music in the Tea Time Lounge and enjoy casual al fresco food and drink on the deck at Waves. Work out in the complimentary Fitness Center, swim lengths in the heated swimming pool, which features a Jacuzzi or indulge in a massage while the little ones have fun in the Children’s Play Area. Explore the Egyptian Museum, experience the exotic sights, sounds and smells of the vibrant Egyptian Bazaar, 'Khan El-Khalili' and marvel at the Great Sphinx and Pyramids at Giza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Hotels.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Zamalek Residence Hotel Cairo
- Safir Hotel Cairo