“Nice spacious room with nile view”

Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences
Ranked #20 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Queensland
“Nice spacious room with nile view”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Nice hotel and very spacious and clean room. We didn’t have a Nile facing room however we were still able to see the Nile from the room we were in. We had the buffet breakfast in the morning which was good and had a large selection of breads and croissants. They also had an omelette station and the chef can make your omelette to order. Coffee wasn’t good, maybe because the milk is different but coffee anywhere in Egypt isn’t that great. Wifi is available in the Hotel at a cost, there are several different plans available but the best value for money was $80 EGP for 24hours which converts to approx $12.50 AUD.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Hi,
Next time you should book a Nile view room or Suite, we have spectacular view over the magnificent Nile. I am glad that you have enjoyed breakfast, thank you for the Coffee comment, I will make sure to check it myself. See you soon
Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
Abu Dhabi
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed for two nights last week at the Hilton. It is a good clean 4 star hotel but too expensive for what you get and in comparison to other hotels in Cairo. It was more expansive in the weekdays than the 5 star Mariott Zamalek which is far superior than the Hilton.

A very important point to mention: the room safe was not attached to the wall or any other fixtures. It was loose and can be carried away by anyone. So what is the point of keeping your valuables locked in a safe when it can be easily removed from the room? that was in room 1009 for the management attention.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thank you for feedback, I am glad that you have liked the cleanliness of the hotel, this is rewarding our team efforts.
Kindly be advised that the Hotel rate policy is based on many factors some of them "and not limited to" are classified under: Hotel unique location, first line and directly located on the west bank of the Nile river, limited number of rooms, quality and brand name etc..
What worth to mention that we are enjoying the highest occupancy level in town throughout the year.
I have investigated the safe box issue by myself as all safe boxes are permanently fixed, I found out that the safe in your rooms was just installed to replace the previous one, and it was not fixed correctly due to shortage of time before check-in, which should not be the case, please accept my apology for that, meanwhile I am sure that you have been informed that we have safe boxes in the front desk area for your convenience.
Once again thank you for your feedback and wish to welcoming you once more in Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed September 27, 2012

It's a Hilton, no doubt! It's cozy though compared to the Hilton Ramses on the other side of the Nile and its enjoyable. Zamalek is kind of the posh area of cairo and the hotel is surrounded by some really nice restaurants. Ask for a room with Nile view. If you want to stay closer to the Egyptian museum I can recommend the Hilton Ramses which is in walking distance and has some of Cairo's best restaurants right in the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Bridget,
Thank you so much for choosing Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences for your recent stay in Cairo, I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay and liked the property, I am also happy that you had the time to experience our restaurants. We promise you that your next stay with us will be enjoyable as much as this one.

Looking forward to welcoming you once more in Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences.

Kind Regards
Philadelphia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've been visiting Cairo for many many years (more than 30), sometimes for business, sometimes for pleasure. In all the years of visiting, the Hilton Zamalek Residence is by far my favorite place to stay. And now that I've found it, I won't stay any where else. The staff is excellent - friendly, attentive, helpful and very professional. I don't think I've meet a better group of hotel employees any where. The rooms are impeccable - super clean, large and comfortable. The hotel amenities, from the restaurants, swimming pool to the workout facilities were all perfect.
And the location couldn't be better. If you are visiting Egypt as a tourist, downtown Cairo and the Museum is only a 5 - 10 minute cab ride away. The hotel is located on the peaceful and beautiful Island of Zamalek - so you can have some peace and quiet when returning the the hotel after a busy day. Just about everything is within walking distance to the hotel; restaurants, grocery stores, book stores, cleaners and other shopping.

I can't say enough about this hotel and highly recommend you give it a try. If you are a regular to Cairo, I can guarantee this will become your place to stay.

Room Tip: I would definitely ask for a Nile view room. Such a beautiful view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear JillefromPhillee,
I would like to start by thanking you so much for choosing Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences for your stay, as well as for your time you have provided to write such a wonderful feedback.

I am really thrilled from reading your kind words about our Team Members, and I am happy they have succeeded to make your stay with us an enjoyable one, believe me only with such feedback we can be assured that we are on the right track and will motivate us to go the extra mile and to seek the perfection in our services.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in your second home the Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, and we promise you of another memorable stay.

Kind Regards
Seattle, WA
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The Hilton Zamalek Residence should NOT have to be burdened by the dismal reviews of the prior clearly inferior Safir Suites!!! This was an entirely new property in 2011 and should be rated based upon its own merits. That said, our stay at this hotel was totally First Class. From the pre-arranged 'Meet and Greet' at the Cairo train station to the well-appointed rooms with incredible views of the Nile to the full buffet breakfast, the Hilton Zamalek Residence was a gem and cut above. With a wrap-around balcony, our room had unobstructed views of the Nile, as well as the surrounding upscale Zamalek neighborhood with its quiet streets, gardens, shops, restaurants and foreign embassies. You could not find a hotel with a friendlier staff throughout. The front desk was accommodating in every way, and restaurant and lounge/bar personnel topnotch. It was located an inexpensive taxi ride or walking distance to numerous tourist and local sites, Our only regret was that we had only planned for a one-night stay in Cairo at the very end of our trip. This was not even close to enough time to fully enjoy this property and its comforts!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank eelSeattle
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear valuable guest,
Thank you for choosing Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences for your accommodation in Cairo, and for taking the time to write your kind comment about your stay with us. I am really thrilled from such a positive feedback. I am sure that my team will be highly motivated and will do their best to excel in their services after reading your kind comments. We are looking forward to have you with us for a longer stay in the near future.
Arvada, Co
Reviewed June 14, 2012

As a Diamond member, using my Hilton Points, my family and I were overly impressed with the entire experience. Everyone was SO friendly and accommodating even with us just using our points. The hotel itself was very lovely and appealing. The cleanliness was outstanding. And the staff went out of their way to accommodate any request we had. Thank you for such a wonderful experience! The breakfast was also delicious!

The neighborhood was quite nice. We felt very safe and protected. We happened to be there one week prior to their Presidential election, quite exciting. The hotel staff recommended a tour guide named Max. He was outstanding and took us to places we asked, and not to places we asked not to go. Highly recommend Max!

Room Tip: I don't believe they have any thing but good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
Dear ddstude,
I would like to thank you so much for being a valuable loyal guest to Hilton Worldwide in general and to Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences in specific.

The team and I are highly motivated as we have succeeded to make your stay comfort and memorable, considering your kind evaluation is coming from such an experienced traveler having a Diamond HHonor and stayed in Cairo for 36 times, make us proud of the level of services we are providing.
Once again I am thanking you for chosen the hotel as your favourit one in Cairo, and for your precious time you have spent to write such a wonderful feedback which will motivate us more and more to excel in our service. looking forward to welcoming you in your 37th stay in your second home Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Wow another great stay here at this hotel, please do not be put off by the media and the talk of problems in Cairo I have just returned from a fantastic five day break with my sister to this amazing destination. A capital city full of history with really lovely people. This hotel is in the quiet area of zamalek on the banks of the Nile, I have stayed here before but for my sister it was her first visit and was blown away by the excellent service all the staff provided from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave, nothing is too much problem, warm friendly smiles. I will be back and very soon I know a good thing when I find one and great value for money

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
MedhatSamir, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Fran A,
First, I would like to thank you so much for being a loyal guest to Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences.
Second, I am so happy to know that you have enjoyed your two stays with us, and hope that your sister will continue coming along with you to Cairo the fascinating city and to your second home Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences. Please let me know about your forthcoming visit, the team and I will be glad to take care of your accommodation.
See you soon