“Amazing place worth a visit”

Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences
Ranked #19 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Amazing place worth a visit”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Ignore people moaning as there will be those everywhere you go, the staff are fantastic nothing is too much trouble. The guest relations lady is totally 100% a credit to the hotel. Rooms are very spacious and well equipt, the local are is typical of Cairo although not the husel bussel of down town Cairo. Roads are busy but then its Cairo and like it every where you go. I have visited the hotel twice in five months and already booked to be back in June I love it and the people there

• Stayed March 2012
Medhat S, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear Mr Solo,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice comment, believe me with such a constructive feedback we can only know that we are on the right track, and we can further improve our services, I am also pleased that you have liked the service provided by our Guest Relations Manager. We hope we will be able to welcoming you and your family for the third time in the near future.
Kind regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Arabic first
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed March 5, 2012

this is the second week i spend at Hilton.
The first week was good. The hotel location is in a very calm area, and it has access to several shops and nice restaurants.

the hotel is not usually crowded, the breakfast is good....the pool was being renovated, so i did not have time to try it.....

i woke up this morning to find out that there is no tab water...no shower.....weird situation for a hotel....

Room Tip: there are rooms with a view at the Nile, choose the highest floors, 8th and above...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Devilmind
Dear Devilmind,
Thank you for your time to write your feedback, I am pleased that you have enjoyed our restaurant and food. I am truly sorry for that day we could not supply water as water cut was from the main supply source, we have tried to urge the authorities to work on fixing the problem as soon as possible especially after our two emergency tanks ran out of water, however that took some extra time. Please accept our apology as it was out of our control to solve the issue faster, and hope the rest of your stay went fine. I hope to welcome you in the near future once more to enjoy our facilities and hospitality with guarantee hassle free accommodation.
Kind regards
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Hotel is just ok. Old furnitures, old bathroom with no shower. Ffriendly staff, but not willing to walk the extra mile. Do not recommend to open the window - after 30 sec room was full of mosquitos. Positive is location close to embassy area and many restaurants, cafes and bars.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lilind,
Thank you for your valuable time to write your feedback, we are pleased that you liked our superb location, we have noted your comments about the room furniture, kindly be advised that our hotel last full renovation was completed on 2009, however we understand that we can not meet all tests and expectations, I would like also to high light that we have two types of bathrooms either equipped with a bathtub or a standing shower. Kindly be advised that due to the fantastic location of the hotel being located directly on the bank of the Nile river, during this time of year some of the very small flies are flying over the Nile river and they are always attracted to any light, that is why we are always recommending to our guests to keep their windows closed during the evening time or to dark the room before opening the large terrace overlooking the Nile river. I wish to welcome you once more in our hotel and I promise to be an enjoyable accommodation.
london
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed here as my hosts in Cairo were long-term residents of the hotel. The location is great for Cairo - away from the really crazy traffic and with some of the best arty and funky shops just a walk away.
The views from the sun deck, the gym and the higher rooms of the Nile are spectacular. The staff at reception were friendly and nothing was too much trouble for them. I had some food at the hotel and it was also very good.
Good gym (not so well equipped, but great view) and pool is a good size, and also has a nice view over the Nile.
On the negative side - the beauty salon was only so-so, but this is only a minor issue, as they were accommodating and friendly.
Overall, a nice place to stay away from the real downtown chaos (incl Tahrir Sq) and in a safe, friendly area.

Room Tip: try to get a nile view room
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
ahmedsalawi, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you very much for your review on tripadisor, it is rewarding to see that you liked our hotel.

I am also happy to know that you were satisfied with the services provided by our team, your review will serve as a motivator to all of them.

Best regards.
Fontana, California
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Actually the hotel is very clean. Has an excellent location, well secured. Rooms are big in space, clean but has an old furniture. All rooms has an excellent Nile view. The hotel might need more activities and services like shops or info.kiosk.
I had a confirmation for Nile view deluxe room, but I have a feeling that the room I have got was away from deluxe, thus I advice everyone to not bother and pay more from standard to deluxe as it doesn't worth.
Staff are very polite but not highly trained, I have been charged for minibar expenses that I did nit use then I found someone from the room service came to the front desk and handle them cash in hand, so I don't know if they just was trying to make me pay for it ? Or what? Anyway, watch out for your checkout bill very well, or even ask to empty your minibar once you arrive.
Another point, I was asking for the rates in case I would like to extend but I have been told that rates are above 300$!!!!!!!! Although online I could book it for 96$. So I don't understand that.
Thanks.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor facing the Nile
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
ahmedsalawi, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor, I noticed that you - generally - liked our hotel, which is great to know. Allow me to clarify some of the points you mentioned: the added benefit of the Deluxe rooms are: the size of the room (35 sq. m), the View, and the size of the balcony, the standard rooms are not on the Nile, are smaller (27 sq. m), and have a smaller balcony.

I thank you for your feedback on the minibar, which I will investigate further.

I thank you also for your remark regarding rates, though the $300 could be our "rack rate" which has to be posted in our rooms as per the government regulations, apart from that, our selling rate are on the internet, and are the same on all channels.

Thank you once again for staying with us and for your feedback, and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Regards

Kanpur, India
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Hilton Zamalek is a very comfortable hotel. The best part is the spacious living area and decent kitchen. The view of the Nile is awesome. Try to take room number XX04 or XX05 above 5th floor. The balcony for these rooms is very wide and can seat around 8 people.
The house keeping and front office staff is very polite and helpful. Nearby stores give a convenient option for day to day needs.
Try to spend some time at the Goal restaurant nearby. Drinkies, the local wine/beer shop give home delivery service in about 15 mins.
There is no Bar at this hotel.
Overall, it is an ideal place for long stayers.

Room Tip: Take rooms with number xx04 or xx05, fifth floor and above.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ahmedsalawi, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, January 22, 2012

regards.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Having just returned from my second visit to Cairo in the last two months i have to say do not be put off by all that has happened there this year, i stayed this time at the Hilton and everyone was really lovely nothing was too much bother, the guest relations manager was outstanding.

The hotel is still referred to by the locals as the Safir the hotel sits on the Nile worth paying for a Nile view as the non Nile view rooms over look the residential side of Zamelek, the
Rooms are large, well equipped, the swimming pool is lovely and rare for a city hotel.

Well done to all the staff that made my stay so much better and i will be back

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Solo41-11
ahmedsalawi, Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I am glad to know that you liked our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Best regards.