“Good for business trips”

Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences
Ranked #18 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Fontana, California
“Good for business trips”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Actually the hotel is very clean. Has an excellent location, well secured. Rooms are big in space, clean but has an old furniture. All rooms has an excellent Nile view. The hotel might need more activities and services like shops or info.kiosk.
I had a confirmation for Nile view deluxe room, but I have a feeling that the room I have got was away from deluxe, thus I advice everyone to not bother and pay more from standard to deluxe as it doesn't worth.
Staff are very polite but not highly trained, I have been charged for minibar expenses that I did nit use then I found someone from the room service came to the front desk and handle them cash in hand, so I don't know if they just was trying to make me pay for it ? Or what? Anyway, watch out for your checkout bill very well, or even ask to empty your minibar once you arrive.
Another point, I was asking for the rates in case I would like to extend but I have been told that rates are above 300$!!!!!!!! Although online I could book it for 96$. So I don't understand that.
Thanks.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor facing the Nile
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
ahmedsalawi, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor, I noticed that you - generally - liked our hotel, which is great to know. Allow me to clarify some of the points you mentioned: the added benefit of the Deluxe rooms are: the size of the room (35 sq. m), the View, and the size of the balcony, the standard rooms are not on the Nile, are smaller (27 sq. m), and have a smaller balcony.

I thank you for your feedback on the minibar, which I will investigate further.

I thank you also for your remark regarding rates, though the $300 could be our "rack rate" which has to be posted in our rooms as per the government regulations, apart from that, our selling rate are on the internet, and are the same on all channels.

Thank you once again for staying with us and for your feedback, and we look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Regards

Ahmed El Salawi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
Kanpur, India
Reviewed December 25, 2011

Hilton Zamalek is a very comfortable hotel. The best part is the spacious living area and decent kitchen. The view of the Nile is awesome. Try to take room number XX04 or XX05 above 5th floor. The balcony for these rooms is very wide and can seat around 8 people.
The house keeping and front office staff is very polite and helpful. Nearby stores give a convenient option for day to day needs.
Try to spend some time at the Goal restaurant nearby. Drinkies, the local wine/beer shop give home delivery service in about 15 mins.
There is no Bar at this hotel.
Overall, it is an ideal place for long stayers.

Room Tip: Take rooms with number xx04 or xx05, fifth floor and above.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
ahmedsalawi, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, January 22, 2012
Thank you very much for your review on tripadisor, it is rewarding to see that you liked our hotel.
I am also happy to know that you were satisfied with the services provided by our team, your review will serve as a motivator to all of them.

regards.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Having just returned from my second visit to Cairo in the last two months i have to say do not be put off by all that has happened there this year, i stayed this time at the Hilton and everyone was really lovely nothing was too much bother, the guest relations manager was outstanding.

The hotel is still referred to by the locals as the Safir the hotel sits on the Nile worth paying for a Nile view as the non Nile view rooms over look the residential side of Zamelek, the
Rooms are large, well equipped, the swimming pool is lovely and rare for a city hotel.

Well done to all the staff that made my stay so much better and i will be back

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Solo41-11
ahmedsalawi, Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I am glad to know that you liked our hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Best regards.
Manchester
Reviewed October 20, 2011

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for 3 months, whilst he was working in Cairo. This was just before it joined the Hilton brand (they were preparing the sign just as we left).

The hotel is in a very nice location by the Nile in the Zamalek district, which is occupied by many of the embassies. There are various small shops within a few minutes walk of the hotel and it always felt like a safe and secure/pleasant area. It was a lot more peaceful than a hotel in the centre of the city.

Our room had an adjacent lounge, which was shared with another room. This lounge contained sofas, a coffee table, storage units and a large TV. We preferred to stay in our room, but it was nice to have the option to use the space if required. There was also a small (separate, also shared) 'kitchen' area, with a fridge and a cooker...although there were no pans/utensils/plates, but I guess we could have asked for some. Instead, we chose to eat out.

Our bedroom was a corner room, with one set of patio doors facing the front of the hotel, and another set to the side, overlooking the Indian Ambassadors residence. The balcony ran all the way around, and the Nile was clearly visible (very nice). These rooms are much lighter than the rooms that are not on the corner (a colleague was staying in one of those!).

The bed was comfortable and there was also a desk, plus a storage cupboard containing a fridge, with a large flat screen TV on top. We accessed the internet by purchasing an Etisalat dongle in town. A kettle with complimentary tea/coffee/sugar and two mugs was also provided (and restocked daily).

We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel as we prefer just a light bite. We did have dinner in poolside restaurant a few times. The outdoor seating area was very pleasant during the Summer, with all the lights of the city twinkiling in the distance and the brightly lit cruise boats passing by. The food was good but nothing special, and we soon tired of the menu, as this never changed. The staff were all friendly and efficient.

The pool was fairly small but rarely busy, except during holidays like Eid when more 'tourists' would arrive from the Middle East. Many of the regular guests were business travellers, often staying for long periods like us. The hotel also contains a small gym and offers sauna/massage facilities. Like the pool, these are open to non residents for a daily
charge or as part of a membership package.

The hotel also has meeting rooms/conferencing facilities.

All in all, I would say this hotel is an excellent choice for anyone visiting Cairo for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Ask for a Nile View - it's lovely! Corner rooms are lighter and more spacious
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
ahmedsalawi, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. I am glad to know you enjoyed your stay and that liked our hotel.
I am also happy to know that you were satisfied with the service provided by our team, your review will serve as a motivator to all of them.
Best regards.
Pensacola
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I lived in my Hilton residence for nearly four months and enjoyed it quite a bit. The security staff is manned 24/7, without dogs, but with hydraulic blockades. The reception staff is exceptionally friendly as is the guest services manager. The fitness center has all the basic necessities and the pool is very nice. The pool is on the East side of the high rise building so after about noon, there is not much sun available in the pool deck, but the water is still refreshing and clear.
There are short stay rooms (normal hotel style) and extended stay suites (two and three bedrooms). Most rooms overlook the Nile River. The beds are very comfortable. The living area has a sofa and a couch, each bedroom has a LCD TV with basic cable. The living room has a DVD/Surround sound system.
The suites come with a full kitchen including a full service stove, dishes and tons of cupboards. The housekeeping staff does a great job keeping the place tidy and even does the dishes when you don't!
There are two restaurants and a specific room service menu that are very good. I have used all three frequently and have never been disappointed.
All in all, it's a great hotel and it's in Zamalek so there is plenty to see and do. I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank NavyNole
ahmedsalawi, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
Thank you very much for your review on tripadisor, it is rewarding to see that you liked our hotel, i am specifically pleased to see that you were satisfied with the service provided by our team, I will certainly share your review with these team member who will be motivated to know they were able to provide satisfactory service.

I look forward to welcoming you once again at Hilton Zamalek Residence Cairo in the near future.

Regards.
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for business in January, and have good things to say about it.
The bedrooms are a bit outdated, but quite big and comfortable. I actually stayed in a suite with a colleague, so we had two big rooms, two bathrooms (1 of them was service), a huge living room and a nice kitchen. The cleaning however could be much better.
Breakfast was pretty good and included several local delicacies.
The gym was small, but sufficient, and the pool was ok.
Regarding the location, it is great. It is on the island of Zamalek, in the Nile, between Cairo city center and Giza. For tourists this is a good location, close to major Cairo attractions and 25 min from the Giza pyramids, with plenty of taxis around.
Also, in Zamalek, there are plenty of good restaurants to choose from (look in Tripadvisor for good reviews :)), including several at other hotels close by.
In my case, location was not so good, as during rush hour, it took around one hour to commute to and from Smart Village business center.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your review on tripadvisor following your stay at Hilton Zamalek Reisence Cairo. It is good to know that you - generally - enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your valuable comments.

Your comments and suggestions are valuable to us as they help us improve our services.

Regards.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2011

I couldn't decided when booking to come here or book the Hilton Ramses nearer centre of town, but we decided on Zamalek as we thought it would be much quieter than Ramses.

The welcome we received on check in was wonderful, Mohammed and another gent (whos name i cannot remember) was really warm and genuine. I have felt too many cold welcomes at other Hiltons but this was lovely and Mohammed remembered pur name and greeted us and asked how our holiday was going every time we saw him, we felt he was genuinely intrested in us and not just smply doing hos job.

Our rooms was on the 11th floor and was very spacious with a King bed and everything else we needed. The view form our corner balcony was just wonderful and a perfect way to start and end our days sitting there looking out over the Nile.

The rooms was perfectly clean and we were very happy with the service from Housekeeping throughout the week. Breakfast was top class, everything you need to start your day from fresh fruit, pastries, cheese and meat selection to your usual hot favorites. They even have fuul for you to try, the Egyptian staple food. I LOVED the Omm Ali, i tried it for the first time and loved it with a sprinkle of cinnamon, i had no idea how it was made and what was in it but tasted devine, it is kind of like our bread and butter pudding.

Breakfast service was also very good, but have to give a special mention to El Syed who we only met one morning out of our 8 days but he blew us away with the level of his charming customer service and he showed us on that one morning, he does his job with his heart to ensure everyone has a terrific stay and not just a robot who is doing a job to get paid, you can see he does it with passion, a true asset to the hotel.

The tea time lounge was a nice place to sit and have a soft drink, it would be great if the windows opened up to enjoy the sunshine but you can always sit downstairs at the pool for that.

Its quite a walk from this hotel into town although it is do able, we did it several time but in the Cairo heat we got a taxi most days, usually cost us arounf 15EP though it is half that price if you get them to use the meter.

Cairo need the tourists at the moment so please come and enjoy the wonderful welcome you are given. We will be back int he future

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank frequenttraveller674
ahmedsalawi, General Manager at Hilton Cairo Zamalek Residences, responded to this review, June 19, 2011
Many thanks for your fair and kind review on tripadvisor on your recent stay at our hotel.

It is great to know that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our hotel, specifically rewarding to read your positive comments on our staff members.

Your comments will be shared with our concerned team members and i am sure it will work as a motivator to them.

I look forward to welcoming you once again at our hotel in the near future.

Best regards