“Great Stay but could improve at the Front Desk” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip

Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip
Ranked #27 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
“Great Stay but could improve at the Front Desk”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

The hotel is great for a transit as its located a few minutes away from the airport. They also have a shuttle service to the airport. The rooms were clean and tidy and the rooms near the swimming pool offers an excellent view. The Buffet breakfast is excellent. The only drawback was the lack of promptness from the front desk. They maid me wait a good half an hour before they could give me a room. Considering my stay was just for four hours it was a disappointment.

Room Tip: The pool view rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank euphoricelement
Sakina A, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Values Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo following your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that you were pleased with the facilities and the level of service offered by the hotel.

I am sorry to learn about the shortfalls accrued during your stay, but please rest assured that your comment had been taken seriously in consideration by the hotel’s Management.

Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Guest Services Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Alex
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

i stay in this hotel 3 to 4 times a year for business reasons and totally agree with Mr. Tamer Nasr
the whole story started with the entrance gate with unprofessional staff and then with the front desk who handed me a paper to sign and i was surprised when i saw no.14 (which states that they are not responsible for any damage that may happen to me or my properties inside the Hotel). how nice is that ?!!! and when i asked the front desk his answer was really nice , he said "it means if the floor is slippery and you fall , it is not our responsiblity "
also the bathroom needs major maintenance and the walls that separate rooms feels like made of paper so you are not in a seperate room but you living with the other guests

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Doha, Qatar
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

First, the hotel is good in Cleanliness and very quite in sleeping. I am sorry to say that I didn't like this hotel because of the strange Action from the front desk when they gave me one Paper to sign about the rules of using the swimming pool!! My wife cannot use the pool simply because she is wearing Hijab (Scarf). She has her full body swimsuit which is made from the normal swimsuit material. I told them that this swimsuit should be accepted, his answer was terrible!!, the swimsuit should not be a full body!! why???? you want to see my wife's body?? I said that you should worry about the material of the swimsuit not how long is the swimsuit. I am really disappointed, specially that this never happened with me in U.S or Qatar or Dubai.
If you want to apply this ridiculous rules, please mention it in your official website and on Booking.com

Another strange thing that My booking was HB, I went to have my dinner (Iftar in Ramadan), the restaurant organizer told me that there is no available table and you should reserve a table before!!!! I've never seen such thing before in any hotel either in Egypt or abroad!!
After a big discussion they found a table. But her behavior was very bad and she was talking in a bad way as she did a favour for me to find a table!!

I will not recommend this hotel to any of my friends.

Room Tip: Pool view is good
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank TamerNasr
Rho, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Very good hotel, well organized and with italian restaurant good. Near to the airport. The only pity was that some drinks in the room were expired. For businness very good. In this occasion (Ramadan + local social situation) the hotel was almost empty.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Matteo370
Sakina A, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Valued guest,

Warm Greetings from Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo.

Thank you very much for your visit and for taking time to share your experience with the readers of Trip advisor

On behalf of my colleagues we are grateful for the above kind words. It is delightful to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also so glad you liked the Italian restaurant .

Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have reached Cairo after a very hectic trip from Alexandria due to the political demonstrations then, however we were warmly welcomed by the guest relations staff, the check in procedures were made promptly and we were upgraded to an executive room. even later on they have called us to make sure that everything is fine.
We found the room spacious, clean and tidy.
As a frequent traveler would commit that Concorde El Salam is one of the very best hotels in Cairo (probably the best).Breakfast was excellent even the dinning at our room was very good.
A very big thank you to Ms. Lubna and her assistants. We were offered a late check out without any hassles.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Taraboulsy
Dear Valued guest,

Warm Greetings from Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo.
Thank you very much for your visit and for taking time to share your experience with the readers of Tripadvisor

We are delighted to know that your stay was enjoyable and that you were pleased with the level of service offered by our staff.
Thank you for sharing your experience in regards to your stay at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a few days before the protests. This hotel is close to the airport and the distributor for my company. The hotel sits off the street surrounded by the largest athletic club in Cairo. There are several large gates before you get to the hotel. There is also stables for Arabian horses - you can have lessons. So there is a lot of property buffering the hotel from the Cairo hustle and bustle as well as noise.

The hotel isn't new and could use a renovation in the rooms but is satisfactory. I was comfortable and my room and bathroom were clean. My room was facing the pool area - be aware that there are lots of weddings and parties at the hotel so the pool area can get quite noisy. One night I heard a lot of noise but I took a sleeping pill so I don't know when it ended. They don't seem to let the music go on loud all night maybe to around midnight or so. I needed to sleep so I took the sleeping pills...

I had dinner in the Lebanese restaurant with my customer and his wife. We sat outside by the pool. The food was good - standard fare if you are familiar with Lebanese food. One night I had room service and again I chose Lebanese meze. They got one of my selections wrong and promptly brought me the correct one. Breakfast was ok - the standard stuff. Nothing really outstanding but something for everyone.

The employees seemed nice and willing to do their job. So I have no complaints about that. The interet was kind of annoying because I had to keep putting the password in to get a connection. I had to write it down because it was a code that the wifi service assigns.

I am "supposed" to come back to visit the customer again in November. Of course, if this stuff continues, I won't go. This hotel seems very secure so if you have to go to Cairo then this would be a good choice because it is close to the airport and sits away from the street.

Room Tip: Rooms with a pool view can be noisy due to the wedding parties in the evening.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IntlTrainer
Sakina A, Guest Relations Manager at Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you were pleased with the level of service and facilities offered by our hotel.

Our goal is to anticipate and exceed our guests' expectations, and it is through your positive and constructive feedback that we are able to constantly strive to improve our products and facilities. So please rest assured that your comment had been taken seriously in consideration by the hotel’s Management.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for 3 nights, location is great as it is near from the hotel , only 5 mins by car. The breakfast was great with many varities that fit every one. Pool was good but my room was away from the restaurant. Ask for a room with pool view it will be beside the restaurant and the pool as well

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Mizo H
Dear Valued Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you were pleased with the level of facilities offered by the hotel.

Our very best regards from Cairo from the entire team of Concorde El Salam and we do look forward welcoming you with us again in the near future.