“It was perfect”

Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip
Ranked #26 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed July 24, 2011

This was a brilliant hotel, ideal for a quiet peaceful break with family or friends. The staff were so friendly and accomodating. I was there for a week and could easily have stayed for another. I would definitely recommend it if staying in Cairo

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Concorde El Salam Hotel Cairo by Royal Tulip

Reviewed July 15, 2011

I booked a dayuse at thishotel ti celebrite my wifes birthday ... And here is what i found ... The room was not clean there were visible dust on the floor ... There were dust in the mini bar .. The air condition was not working ... And when i called the manager to complain they were impolite in tgeir response .... I presented a formal complain and i didnt receive a reply till date !.

In general and from a person who actuallu love in cairo ... This hotel is not re ommended ... It is not what is used to be anymore.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Ahmed-allam79
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Positives : 1. Near to the airport & city star shopping mall 2. Nice buffet breakfast. Also has a good indian restaurant. 3. Well equipped health club.

Negatives : 1. Far from downtown cairo (esp. with the crazy traffic) 2. Overpriced cabs in the hotel campus (get a cab from outside the main entrance) 3. Staff at the main reception are mainly trainees (atleast they behave as such) & either are not aware of most issues or need to discuss it with their seniors 4. Wi-fi is free in the executive lounge (only for namesake) but the server is always down!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2011

Everything about this hotel was wonderful. The grounds are gorgeous, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, food very good and plenty of restaurants to choose from. We only stayed 1 night during a transfer to the airport but everything was really perfect!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 3, 2011

On my business trip to Cairo, I booked the hotel through my local business partner. And I must say, it is the best business hotel in the city.

Located in a quite location in Heliopolis area, the hotel offers good connectivity to the International airport and city center. Best location for business and pleasure related activities with hotel offering a fantastic service, clean rooms and good food..... (only hotel to have a good Indian restaurant).

With special entertainment prog every weekend and supported by a decent size casino, it is a real treat to stay there.,

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I realy like this hotel very much .alwys during my visits to Egypt I always use to accommodate in this hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpfully by any means .I know that this hotel is far from business and shopping centres but I feel as if I am home.I realy want to thank all the nice people working at El Salam Concorde Hotel . .

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 12, 2011

The executive room which I had booked for my arrival had a lot of hidden assets. A private dining room for breakfast - though in reality I found I preferred the terrace of the main restaurant, and although I realise this might have been a special promotion, afternoon tea and pre-dinner drinks and canapes.
On my first visit I had booked a smoking executive suite but was allocated a non-smoking one. However, tired from flight and impressed by the welcome, I didn't say anything.In fact, I wasn't particularly concerned as I don't tend to smoke in a bedroom. However, the next morning I discovered the balconette was for show only and due to the effect on a/c there were instructions not to open the windows. So, I dressed and went downstairs for a cigarette, When I asked reception if I could have an outside access room for my return they were not only happy to oblige me at the time; - they kept their word. I returned to a room with a terrace.

Room Tip: Executive for privacy and exclusiivity.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo