My husband and I stayed at this hotel for three nights in July 07 when in Cairo visiting the pyramids.
We found the hotel greatfor it's location and the cleanliness of our room. It had great views from the high floors and contained a small casino, spa shops etc.
There were, however, good and bad points to the hotel. I have listed the positives and negatives below:-
* The hotel was in a good location - a few minutes walk from the Cairo museum and right on the nile. You could also see the pyramids in the distance from the high floors.
* The rooms were lovely - ours was on a high floor and had a small private balcony, a massive king size bed (very comfrotable), lovely tiled bathroom, clean, spacious and very large.
* We liked that there was a bar, restaurant, small casino and spa on site.
* There is a very large mall across the road from the hotel which is associated with it - it has many shops selling many different things which was handy for souvenirs.
*The Windows of the World restaurant, at the very top floor of the hotel, had beautful views from the floor to ceiling windows, amazing cuisine and fabulous live enteratinment of a pianist and singer. We had an amazing meal here. The staff were absolutely lovely and our waiter even took us through the kitchen up onto the actual roof of the hotel (where guests are not supposed to go!) to see the amazing views of Cairo lit up by nightfall.
The negatives to the hotel were as follows:
* The pool, although not dirty or bad in any way, wasnot the best. It was very small and over crowded and was built on the wrong side of the hotel - the very tall, large shadow of the tall hotel building loomed over it blocking out sun and warmth meaning it was shady and cool.
* The staff were not overly helpful or killing themselves to help.
* Perhaps the worst thing of all - my husband and I went to the spa for a massage after a long tiring day toruing the pyramids. I went into one room to have my massage and my husband into another to have his. We both had female massesues as only females worked at the spa. When I emerged from my massage my husband was waiting for me in reception. He informed me he had cut his massage session short because the masseuse, despite knowing he had come into the spa with me (holding hands and kissing each other goodbye), had touched him inappropriately (under his towel if you know what I mean) before offering him "extras". Disgustedly he had told her no but couldn't relax after the exchange so left the room immediately and waited for me in the reception area. So depending on your tates, you may find this a plus point (!) but we, as a newly engaged couple at the time, did not.
Apart from the incident at the spa we had a good stay at the hotel though and couldn' rally complain about anything else there.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ramses Hilton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramses Hilton Hotel Cairo
- Hilton Hotel Cairo
- Hilton Hotel Ramses
- Hilton Cairo
- Cairo Hilton
- Ramses Hilton Cairo