“Best hotel experience in Egypt”
Review of Ramses Hilton

Ramses Hilton
Ranked #14 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed June 16, 2013

One of the best in Egypt with its helpful and friendly staff and facilities. Great rooms and great views and perfect breakfast buffet. A little noise coming from outside Nile flukes but generally quiet rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for executive room on the 26th and 27th floor to enjoy the executive lounge from 6am to 11pm
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Ramses H, Hilton Management at Ramses Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Our Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your nice comments on the team perfotmance and we are pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast .

However, we would like to apologize for the outside noise which is out of our control.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to the hotel or any of our Hilton Hotels Worldwide.

There are newer reviews for Ramses Hilton

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed here for several nights, Room #1412. Had wonderful view of the Nile and the Egyptian Museum across the square from our balcony. We found the pub in the hotel where we ate each night to be lively and fun. All staff in the hotel were most gracious and accomodating. Nice lobby area and breakfast room with many choices. Was disappointed, however, in that our room was, let's just say, far from clean by Hilton standards and overall needed some updating. Bring sanitizing wipes if you stay here, felt like I needed to wipe down everything in the room.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kauaigirl3

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Ramses Hilton,

Thank you for your detailed review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are also pleased to note how satisfied you were with the service standard, the location, and the team performance.

As for your comment on the rooms condition, we would like to inform you that our planned Master Plan renovation project has been delayed many times, due to the country situation which was not stable enough to get it done. However, this does not stop us from our regular maintenance schedule and small renovation projects.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I had a 34-hour transit through Cairo for a trip to China, and decided to make the most of it. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor, and decided to contact the Ramses Hilton first, before making a reservation, to see if I could book an airport transfer, and a tour to the Pyramids, through the hotel easily and for a reasonable cost.

So my great stay at this hotel began before I ever reserved the room! I called the hotel in what was for them the middle of the night, spoke with a very knowledgeable staff member, and explained what I wanted. He said "Give me your email address, and I will have someone write to you in a few hours. We look forward to seeing you here."

Indeed, by morning Cairo time, I had a wonderful and beautifully written email from Sami at the Concierge Desk; we then corresponded over the course of 2-3 emails, and all arrangements were made.

My experience upon arrival was at the highest standard possible. I was greeted before immigration, helped by the Hilton airport representative with avoiding the long line at the bank to get my Egyptian visa stamp - he took my US$15 and went and got it himself - and taken through passport control and Customs quickly and seamlessly. The driver to the hotel was safe, professional, and kind, pointing out sights along the way.

The hotel staff is superb. Every person, as another reviewer mentioned, from housekeeping to front desk to bellman to Concierge, was kind, warm, welcoming, and bent over backwards to accommodate whatever I needed.

Two people in particular need mentioning: Eily, with whom I had such warm and professional email correspondence prior to arriving in Egypt, and Sami Abouelezzat the Concierge desk. Sami went so far as to try to personally help me get across those 6 lanes of traffic which need to be crossed in order to get to the Egyptian Museum on foot! Even he was having problems; it is truly a dangerous venture (I am not normally daunted by this kind of road crossing, having spent many years doing it in China, but this was formidable!). When I finally gave up, realizing that there was not going to be any break at all in the traffic, I said, "Sami, it's alright, I'll just hop in a taxi", he flagged one down, spoke to the driver, pulled out his wallet and paid the driver for the fare! I simply couldn't believe it.

I was thoroughly satisfied with the hotel itself - it's beautiful - and with my room, all of the facilities, and the breakfast, which was full, varied, and delicious.

I can't wait to go back to the Ramses Hilton, and I highly recommend anyone going to Cairo to choose this hotel. You will find it difficult after your experience at the Ramses Hilton to experience anything less than the best of service and attention anywhere else.

Room Tip: I had a corner room which gave me good views of the city and a good partial view of the Nile. The r...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at this nice hotel,i enjoyed with my family the stay , the service was excellent, the location was perfect, the room was comfortable , the service and the food was extremely perfect , the front desk staff , concierge were so helpful

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Our Dear valued Guest,
Greetings from Ramses Hilton

Thank you very much for your nice comment that you posted on Trip Advisor. We are glad to note that you were satisfied with the hotel atmosphere, the cleanliness, the breakfast, the location and the team helpfulness specially the Concierge.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Excellent service and friendly staff in this hotel. The hotel is perfect located in the center of Cairo near to the Egyptian Museum, the Nile, Cairo Tower and downtown Cairo. You'll have the best and most spectacular view by day and by night over the Nile and Cairo! Make sure to have breakfast in the hotel... It's delicious!

Room Tip: The higher, the better. The view is unforgettable from the top of the building.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Ramses H, Hilton Management at Ramses Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Ramses Hilton,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad you enjoyed the location, the breakfast and the team performance.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

My fiance and I had a wonderful stay at Ramses Hilton. The service and hospitality went beyond our expectations; in fact, the service was better than our recent stay at a Four Seasons property in the United States.

In particular, the front desk staff, concierge, and breakfast chef were all extremely attentive, helpful and kind. They knew who we were the moment we walked in and called us by name throughout our stay. The restaurant recommendations were excellent and the food at breakfast was delicious. In addition, every other member of the staff who we interacted with, from the bellmen to the cleaning associates, were kind and made our stay truly memorable.

We were impressed with the hotel, the staff, the service and hospitality, and we will be recommending Ramses Hilton to our friends and family traveling to Cairo. We hope to make another trip to Cairo and we will definitely consider staying at Ramses Hilton again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Our Dear valued Guest,
Greetings from Ramses Hilton

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you very much for your nice and detailed comments that you posted on Trip Advisor. We are glad to note that you were satisfied with the hotel atmosphere, the cleanliness, the breakfast and the team attentiveness and helpfulness.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were warned "it's not safe". I'm Very glad we didn't listen! This was the best birthday ever! We found this hotel beautiful. Great design, décor was pleasing and surroundings were easily accommodating. Our rooms were very comfortable. I love the bathrooms, very spacious and pleasing to the eye. Any and every staff member greeted us with a smile. Staff was very professional, positive, knowledgeable, and helpful. They went above and beyond making the celebration for my birthday, An Event to REMEMBER! A surprise birthday party in the VIP room attended by Batoul, Essam, Fatma, Emad, Samir, Soliman, and Haitham the duty manager, brought tears of joy beyond words.Breakfast was delicious with an awesome variety of smells and tastes for all. I will definitely return with the first opportunity. Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Ramses Hilton,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your birthday with us. We are pleased to note how satisfied you were with the service standard during your stay.

Thank you for appreciating the team efforts mentioning almost all of their names. We will convey your appreciation to them one by one.