“Very nice hotel even if it is a little tired”

JW Marriott Hotel Cairo
Ranked #11 of 141 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Situated outside of Cairo near the airport, this hotel offers a nice getaway from the insanity that is Cairo. Rooms are very nice, excellent beds. Extensive restaurants, including a suprisingly excellent steak restaurant and very good Lebanese and so-so Thai. Breakfast buffet is very good, but not great. Staff are very attentive and friendly. The hotel rooms could use a little freshening up, but generally speaking, you will find what you want here- comfortable, friendly, and peace.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to reception, otherwise you could be walking for miles.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences following your stay at the JW Marriott Cairo hotel.

Our team is delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and most importantly enjoyed our service.

Should you require any assistance regarding your future booking please feel free to contact me via the hotel.

Director of Rooms Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We spent three nights at this Marriot and it was a beautiful experience. The rooms are spacious, opulent and well furnished.The view of the pool from the balcony of the room is soothing to the eyesThe breakfast which is a combination of all sorts of food from different parts of the world was fantastic. The hotel also has different restaurants with different flavor like mexican, Chinese etc. The general ambience of the hotel is great. The staffs from the entrance to the room were really helpfull.

Room Tip: There are two 2 views depends on what side of the hotel you choose to be. There is Pool view and the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hafsat
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am really pleased to have just read your review and delighted you chose to stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel in the near future. Please feel free to contact me via the hotel and I will always be delighted to assist you with your reservations requirements.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

always love the pool with wave , and i love the atmosphere very much , summer in the heart of new cairo, i love cuccina restaurant but not the hotel food it self , i recommend it for weekend too
there is a shuttel bus to the airport because it only 10 minutes from the airport
..........................................................................................................................

Room Tip: i like the room with the pool view
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review on Trip advisor.

I am really delighted to read your feedback and it is so nice to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable time with us. Thanks for your kind comments about our stunning Beach-wave pool as well as our Italian Cucina- one of the best in Cairo.

We hope to see you returning to our wonderful hotel again soon, please feel free to contact me at any stage should I be able to assist you with your plans.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

we went there for 3 nights.. i never spent a stunning vacation in my a clean, luxury hotel and service as much as this hotel.
The service is perfect.. rooms are 100% clean.. balcony view is amazing.. no disturbing sounds at all.. reception stuff is wonderful..
If u r searching for a place with these qualities, i recommend this hotel for u. You wont ever regret it :)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Wow, Thank you for posting your wonderful review on Trip advisor

I trust others travelers will find your review helpful and very much look forward to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Lovely room, again, with balcony, and large bathroom. Quite luxurious and with an English fee, though the public areas look more oriental which gives a pleasant and interesting balance. Pleasant staff. The Mirage Cafe's buffet has improved a lot in the last couple of years, though the service can still be a bit slow, especially if you're in a hurry. Airport meet-and-greet went well in difficult times, and I avoided the queue for immigration which looked as though it went on for ever. Quite a lot of unobtrusive security. Internet access included in my room rate.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your pleasant comments which I am very delighted to share with my team

If given such an opportunity we would be grateful to welcome you back to our hotel.

Should I be of any help, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We are a huge international company and I got one of the most complicated payment procedures and agreements while dealing with the events team there.

But the good news here that everything goes perfect except some miscommunication and mistakes from their staff there but it didn't affect the business event so much.

But for the rooms, I guess our guests just enjoy it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback which we received through Trip advisor.

Feedback such as this is important to the success of our hotel and I am glad you have brought your concerns to our attention.

I am glad to know as well that “ everything went perfect” as you mentioned and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I only stayed at the Marriott for one night but from the point I arrived at the airport through to check in was totally seamless, I was met at the airport before passport control by the rep who dealt with my visa, passport control and transport to the hotel.

Check in experience was also good, and the room is large, very large. I enjoyed an evening dinner at the steak house, and both the service and quality of food was excellent, unfortunately I did not have time to check the rest of the facilities of the hotel, maybe I will during the next trip.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback on Trip Advisor.