“Nice relaxation spot”

JW Marriott Hotel Cairo
Ranked #10 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Amid the turmoil happening in cairo now, this place is an excellent getaway from all the chaos going on.
Whether you are coming for business or leisure , this place has it all. The rooms are nice, but needs a little bit of maintenance and a change of some of the bed covers. So check carefully your room before unpacking your bags.
Anyway, the service is generally good, whether receptionists or others, they are very helpful, cheerful, willing to assist in anyway they can, which makes all the difference.
The hotel decorations are very luxurious and fancy, the view by the breakfast restaurant is amazing, you get to see the golf course, with the sun rising, very cheerful scene to start your day with.
Many swimming pools are there, i think around three, and many spaces and paths to have a lovely walk, plus an indoor pool, indoor gym, a beauty saloon for men and women.

The spa is a sure-no-miss, a real heaven, whether massage or body treatments, its amazing, and the staff are more than excellent and very professional.
Room service was good as well, food varieties are wide and the price is fine compared to the quality and the fact its a 5 star hotel.
The management welcomes any feedback on their performance and they don't fight it back or argue like other hotels i have been to.
The rooms have many facilities, hair dryer, complementary tea and coffee, bottled water. Plus iron board and iron of course. The beds are very comfortable and make you wanna stay there all the time if possible.

The location is away from the city per say, not all taxi drivers will know how to get there, but its very near to the airport, like 15 minutes away, which is a miracle compared to other places you have to spend two hours to get there.

Another major factor is the security, although very spacious landscape, yet the place is very secure and well covered, especially with all the riots that can erupt at any given point.

Generally it was a very pleasant experience and i would give it another Try and visit again whenever possible.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank hafsa777734
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear Valued guest,
I was very pleased to read such positive comments about our staff & the service provided and I will certainly pass your positive feedback to the team.

Our aim is to take sure that all our guests have the most enjoyable stay and I am very pleased that we have achieved this.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Trip advisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Hotel Cairo in the near future.

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Hotel Cairo

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Currently staying in JW Marriott for 2 weeks with business.
The hotel is very impressive. All amenities are top class. Food in the restaurants is also very good. Rooms are big and clean.

My main complaint is the service.
The breakfast buffet is a disaster. You get cereal and yogurt and they charge you for the full buffet which is $25. On top of that the waiters are just not attending to you at all.
Today for example I had to ask 3 times for my check, and when it finally arrived it was wrong...
Another morning I was only offered coffee when I was finished my breakfast and ready to leave.

The Cactus bar is another location with very inconsistent service. You could be sitting there with empty glass for 30 mins , the rest of the bar empty and still no service.

Also one tip for beer drinkers, if you order a bottle do not let the waiter pour regardless of the restaurant you are in. They pour the beer straight in , no technique, you'll be waiting 10 minutes for the foam to subside. I know it’s a country where alcohol is not popular, but surely service staff should be shown how to pour a beer.. It’s not that difficult.

Overall a great hotel let down by inconsistent and sometime incredibly bad service.

Room Tip: Choose a lower room to avoid road noise. Also something closer to the lobbey to be close to most ame...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the JW Marriott Hotel in Cairo!

I really appreciate your comments. I will certainly be following up your feedback with our Director of restaurants in order to avoid any reoccurrence of these situations.

On a positive note thank you for highlighting that you find the hotel impressive and amenities are top class.

If you wish to discuss the matter further, please feel free to contact me via the reception desk.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

If you are visiting Cairo as a tourist or business person, I recommend it for sure. The hotel is big and is very well protected. Security is very trustfull. It has good restaurants, excellent facilities and very good rooms. It has excellent gym and swimming pool area. Same area, same level sameenjoyment. I had visiting same hotel in Mumbai and this one is better. For people who like to smoke good cigar and have good scotch, there are a couple of places in it. Lebanese restaurant is very good with live music too. I am always coming back to this place even I don’t need to sleep here (my wife is from Cairo), but to enjoy good food, good hairdresser and to swim and gym.

Room Tip: I always make choice of the rooms with balcony, providing me good view and time to sit and do just n...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your feedback which we received through Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our associates

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

There's gated security and a grand entrance that makes a good first impression. The reception is in a large atrium with a coffee shop and an expansive view down a sweeping double staircase into the main dining area and a large lake beyond.

The JW Marriott has very well-appointed and comfortable rooms, and is situated conveniently close to the airport for quick trips in and out of Cairo avoiding the very busy centre of the city.

And there are ATM's in the lobby that dispense local currency.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your kind review of the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel.

Our aim is to make sure that all our guests have the most enjoyable stay and I am very pleased that we have achieved this.

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcome you back to the JW Cairo in the near future.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

because it is one of the best hotel in all of Egypt. i have lots of tours begins from Marriott hotel ,
you can have good day in swimming pool with sunny days .
for meeting is one off the best in all cairo

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Ops at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel for your recent stay.

We appreciate your time you have taken on post this review which will indeed help other travelers to make an informed choice on their accommodation.

I eagerly hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel soon.

Director of Rooms Ops

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had our wedding and first two night stay at the J.W. Marriott back in August 2007.

The wedding hall was beautiful, the honeymoon suite was fabulous and the hotel staff decorated it so beautifully for us. It was also super clean and the bed was incredibly comfortable, best sleep we've had in a hotel! The view from our room was to die for! The huge golf grounds looked so beautiful. Staff was courteous during our entire stay and made wonderful suggestions regarding the spa and restaurants.

We tried a number of restaurants as well as room service and they were all equally fantastic.

We went back less than a year ago and their service has gotten even better! The quality of the restaurants was great and the view more fabulous with all the upgrades that were done. It's worth noting that the hotel is very close to the airport and there is a beach themed water park outdoors for your and your family's convenience.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area. We're hoping to go back home to celebrate our 10 year anniversary there although we live in the USA now!

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear valued Guest,

It is our absolute pleasure to receive such a positive comment about our services!

I am very pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us and assure you of this service standard is what you shall expect on all your future visits with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel sometime in the near future.

My Regards,

Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the JW Marriott Cairo a couple of times and we had dinner there many times. I have always been there for business dinners many other times as well. It is a luxurious hotel in which I have attended many day and night functions as well, be it conferences, weddings etc. The rooms as well as Suites are spacious, comfortable as well as impressive, particularly in the bathrooms layouts with nice views and balconies. The hotel offers several restaurant venues, from Italian to Lebanese as well as Sushi and a Steak House that is not to be missed either. The JW Marriott Worldwide is always a world apart. This Hotel boasts a golf course as well, therefore there is a also a Club house with bar and lounge as well as function hall and balcony. The Hotel is far from down town, but for whoever does not need to be on the other side, it is the perfect relaxing location to enjoy a great afternoon or week end after a long day or week.

Room Tip: Do not take rooms overlooking the pool that could tend to be noisy because of wedding functions by t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business