“Wow living in luxury”

JW Marriott Hotel Cairo
Ranked #11 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed here in 2010 on my last days of my personal egypt tour. I needed to relax on my own from all the stress and headaches of walking around cairo by myself. But wow if you want to live like a king here is where you stay. The restaurant was good i had dumplings, room service great and so was the staff and the suite wow great price and so comfy and big and the washroom wow. I dont even have words to describe it. Breakfast aswell was great an amazing time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip advisor.

Your kind compliments are really appreciated.

I am looking forward to welcoming you to the JW Cairo sometime in the near future.

There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Hotel Cairo

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I admire this place due to its elegance & uniqueness . I have some special memories here, as I celebrated my first anniversary here . This time i took my fiance to celebrate her birthday . Its not always open buffet this time the menu was a la cart . Good variety in the menu but not a wide one , prices are fairly reasonable compared its the JW Marriott ,the food tasted great especially the Veal Tendarlion . The service is very nice but they have some lack of concentration when taking the order.I ordered pasta & after a while when i asked him why is to late ? he said sorry sir but i didn't recognize that you ordered pasta despite that i remembered him while he was delivering the main plates but some people have ups & downs this doesn't below the rate of the place or the food .

Special place , very recommended for a romance or business lunch especially with the live music on going ... Just an advice don't try to go to STEAK HOUSE in the same floor way way way expensive ! ..must try JW Marriott Mirage Restaurant .

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your positive feedback.

We are happy to hear that you had an exceptional stay. It serves as a great motivation to our team to hear such comments as yours.
Please note that all your comments have been taken on board and shall be raised during our next meeting.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great service from start to finish. Made arrangements for a shuttle pick up from another hotel in the area. The shuttle driver arrived earlier than the arranged pick up time with name on placard. The ride to the hotel was about 10 - 15 minutes long, even though you can see the hotel from the airport. The hotel which is more of a resort (golf course and water parks) sits well off the main highway and the security to enter the property is very good. Had a hiccupp at check in due to credit card issue. I believe the Marriott franchise should be able to do fax authorization over the phone once it has been verified that the credit card company is on the line providing the necessary information in the event of loss or stolen wallet. The concierge service and hotel bellhop was first rate. While being showed to my room I was also given a tour of the vast hotel and all the amenities within. My first check of the room was the balcony view which I did not like because it was on a lower floor. The bellhop immediately called the front desk and I was given another room on a higher floor, now that is what I call service. The hallway was clean and free of smoke as reported by previous reviews.....lots of wood furniture trimmings in the hallway. The room was clean and large enough for one person or a couple. Family members would be tripping over each other if travelling with small kids. A nice touch is the personal welcome message on the large room LCD TV with your name when it is first turned on.
If you do not wish to go to one of the many restaurants in the hotel then room service is a viable option, you will not be disappointed. Your food arrives in 45 minutes and it is first rate, they make a regular club sandwich looks like a main course meal. Really enjoyed the late night snack.
Stay away from the phones even when making collect calls and only use when necessary, there is a charge associated with the use of the phone when making outside toll free calls. Check out was smooth and the hourly shuttle departs on time 24-7 or one can opt for the limousine service for $40...not a bad service in a pinch. The JW Marriott is truly a first class hotel and my only wish was that I was there in the spring or early summertime with family to take advantage of the waterpark and wave pools.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your stay with us. Well, The JW Marriott Cairo to us is not just a hotel; it is our home that we are very proud of. Each member of the team care passionately about the experiences of our guests, and I am so pleased you had the opportunity to experience our hospitality.

Your kind compliments are very much appreciated and I am looking forward to welcoming you back and your family to the JW Cairo.

Should I be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

J W Marriott in Cairo is a somewhat bizarre experience,an oasis of green and calm overlooking the noisy ring road, the desert and the outskirts of the airport. Rooms and public areas are spacious though a little faded. The pick up shuttle from the airport is worth its weight in gold. Security is paramount and it was ideal for our quick trip to the pyramids in these troubled times. The breakfast buffet and the Italian restaurant were both good, but avoid the steak house, the prices are astronomical. The outside areas were not in use as it was a little cold. Ask for a room not overlooking the pools as the ring road is very noisy.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear valued guest,

Wow, Thank you for your kind words.

Our team is delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and most importantly enjoyed our service. I would look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel on every future occasion

Should I be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel, which is more like a resort, is the safest place to stay in Cairo right now. It is so isolated and well controlled from a security standpoint you have nothing to worry about.

The richer folks from Cairo come here for a day pass because they have private cabanas, liquor served, and a huge beach and wavepool.

Nowadays it is imperative to have a driver if you are a foreigner in Egypt. You can backpack or use street taxis but it's not safe. So the 30kms from the city center location of this hotel is the trade off. If you are traveling with a spouse or kids this is also the best option.

But what made me pass by this hotel every week after I had already rented my apartment in Cairo? They stock and sell DuMaurieu Cigarettes! And Bellmonts too. So if you like your Ciggies from Canada, you can get them in the tuck shop here.

Please don't walk through the lobby or anywhere away from the pool area in your bathing suit. It is not appropriate for little kids to wear a bikini style swim suit in Egypt at this hotel. It makes everyone very uncomfortable when people get into the lifts without a proper over-dressing on top of their swim suits.

The Four Seasons (both properties) are completely off limits for safety reasons now, with rioting happening daily on their doorsteps.

The JW Marriot has a premium VIP floor which is worth the splurge, because the have all you can drink (good liquor) and awesome canapes daily. My mouth still waters thinking of the spread of cheeses they have out. You can also meet lots of interesting people, last time I met a correspondent from BBC, in that VIP lounge.

If you are a single woman traveler, it is imperative you introduce yourself to the manager on duty when you arrive and tell them you do not want ANY male staff in your room for any reason. The Egyptian people have been through a terrible time in the last 3 years and some morality has broken down. Protect yourselves ladies! Talk to the manager when you arrive. No men in your room. Ever.

Room Tip: All rooms are awesome.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank yyz-nyc
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your compliments and candid feedback !

At the JW Cairo, We aim to provide our guests genuine hospitality and comfortable hotel rooms so that you can make the most of your time.

I will certainly will be sharing your feedback with the team, and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Wonderful hotel with full of luxury. Very good for arranging meetings and conferences.
Rooms are luxurious and spacious.
It has its own wave pool and a golf course.

Recommended for corporates who want to hold meetings and conferences in Cairo.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank greetamit
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review on Trip advisor.

I am really delighted to read your feedback and it is so nice to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable time with us.

We hope to see you returning to our wonderful city again soon, please feel free to contact me at any stage should I be able to assist you with your plans.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

First off, I was looking to write a review of just the Italien restaurant, but could not find it on here. Anyway, having probably spent over 50 nights here in the last few years, her goes. The hotel is impressive with excellent public areas, very nice bedrooms & a decent golf course. Although a bit out of the way (you would not want to walk anywhere close), it would suit either as a business or leisure hotel. What I think really lets it down, is the quality of the restaurants. This is odd, because the Marriott in the center of Cairo (Zamalak), has the same restaurants (Steak house & Italian) but they are so much better for some reason. My latest visit was to the JW was to eat at the Italien. I have to say this was not my choice, as I have never had a really good meal there, but this time was awful. The service was very slow, but the main issue was the food. My soup starter was ok, but my main of ravioli with ricotta was dreadful, the pasta was under cooked & the filling was very bad, to the point where I honestly could not guess what it was made from.

In summary, if it is convenient to be located in this area & you intend to eat out a lot, then I woukd recommend this hotel, if not, stay at the Marriott in Zamalek

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor

I am really sorry for your disappointment. However I have addressed all your concerns so that corrective action could take place to avoid its recurrence, and for this to be investigated thoroughly.

I eagerly hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to JW Marriott Hotel soon.